VOLT

VOLT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Volt Review
Sourcing Specialist Recruiter (Current Employee), FullertonAugust 19, 2014
Pros: introductory to the staffing industry
Cons: advancement is slow
Interview daily up to 6 candidates.
Review Job orders.
Source and schedule candidates for interviews.
Present qualified candidates to clients for start or interviews.
Complete onboarding paperwork.
Complete background checks and drug screens.
Complete I9 forms and Everify's.
Schedule client phone confrences.
Follow up calls with candidates and clients.
ComputerShare/Volt
Investment Services Agent (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 19, 2014
The working environment at ComputerShare (company I worked for through Volt) was very pleasant.

However, my training class was told we would all be converted to a regular ComuterShare employees within 90 days or we would receive training and/or counseling so we could be converted.It didn't happen. Five members of my class of 35 were converted.
ok
Data Entry (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2014
Good place to go to for a temp or temp to hire job. Staff was nice.
Microsoft position
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee), Issaquah WA.August 14, 2014
Pros: working at microsoft
Cons: contractual assignment
I really liked working on the Microsoft campus, there is so much opportunity with a position like this. Volt was very helpful in placing me there and taking care of my needs.
It's a good place to work.
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches (sometimes), extra breaks, voluntary time off, and rewards based on performance.
Cons: dealing with customers over the phone.
A typical day at work would be sitting in front of a computer all day taking in calls about a customers problem or questions about their device and you would have to troubleshoot the device over the call to try and solve their issue.

I learned how to use and troubleshoot specific apple products.

Management was great at volt. They would always talk – more... about performance at least once a week on a team meeting. They would always be there if any issues arrive to help out.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers, or customers who can't follow directions. The customer was thing that made the job hard. Dealing with actual issue with the product was easy.

Best thing about the job is receiving a survey from a customer to tell you how you did. These surveys are common. – less
Good Staffing Company
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great staffing company
Cons: work sites, temp job
The staffing company is run by wonderful and helpful people, the work sites however are not always the best. The Staffing company will do what they can to help you.
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee), Kentucky American waterAugust 11, 2014
Great to work for. Company went out of business. Temporary assignment.
Always worried about losing my job.
Customer Service Support (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 11, 2014
Pros: hour lunches. great team managers on tier one phones. great hr personnel.
Cons: i am always afraid that i will lose my job, by telling me my "assignment" has ended.
Volt is the temporary agency for VMC, Inc. We are a sub contractor for Apple iOS products and Spanish speakers also provide support for Mac computers.

Volt only allows certain people to be hired to VMC. There are some 35 Tier 2 Help desk agents and only 2 of them have been moved to VMC after a year or more of service.

I am always afraid that I will – more... lose my job, if call volume goes down the center's General Manager will cut the hours of the bottom 25% of the staff and tell them to go to unemployment to make up the difference. Tell us Apple wants that. BS. I say.

Apple doesn't treat their employees that way, why would they want their subcontractors to do that.

There is a handbook, but it seems that because it's a temporary agency, Volt, can fire you at a moments notice, just by saying your "assignment" has ended.

There is always a great big firing, usually 25-30% of the agents on all tier ones, at the end of May and then the hiring starts. Trainings go non-stop from June to August and if there is no release, then there is another hours cut in October. Hopefully all the people that were just trained will leave and find other jobs.
There are no raises after a years or more tenure.

The managers are almost never women, there are only 4 on tier one phones and the rest of all the managers in the center are men. That includes all of Chat, Spanish, Tier 2, and APAC.

My typical day starts off with logging into mail, ilog, IEX, and other programs. Check the stats for the day before and any surveys that may have come in for me.

Log into the phone, start taking calls. All inbound calls, unless the customer disconnects or is calling in on the device we are supporting for technical service. Outbound calls can only make up 3% of a days calls. It becomes a sort of, who needs it most, kind of thing. Calls should take no more than 14.5 minutes on average. Call backs need to be set up for anyone that has extensive technical support procedures and will take more than 10 minutes to complete, this keeps average handle time down.

If I knew then, what I know now, I wouldn't work at volt, EVER! – less
The people at VOLT do care about your welfare- good people-pay was low
General Dynamics Land Systems - Material Handler (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 10, 2014
Cons: dual standards when it came to contractors and regular employees, concerning anything to do with forklifts or other machinery.
VOLT work source helped me get a job with General Dynamics Land Systems, in Auburn, WA. The management was extremely helpful with all my questions. I knew only one other person who was from VOLT. The job at General Dynamics was a job, and nothing else. It was only a temporary job. The GOVT was not hiring, so we all knew that we had a limited time there. – more... Many of us were laid off after a year or less. – less
Nice coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Exton, PAAugust 6, 2014
Enjoyed the variety of work. Everyone was willing to chip in and help.
I enjoyed this job
Machine operator (Former Employee), Anoka, MNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: dirty dusty work area
Cons: 12 hour days
I ran machines that made shot gun shells, packaged and palletized the cases of shotgun shells.
Good employment service
Department Specialist (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 6, 2014
This agency kept me busy and I would accept assignments again if jobs were presented.
No Support
Material Expediting/Logistics Planning Analyst (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 4, 2014
No Support for employees. Does not offer benefits. Does not help you look for other employment once assignment is complete
felt like a sweat shop
Fulfillment for REI (Former Employee), Sumner, WAAugust 2, 2014
Scanned, labeled, packaged items to be shipped to customers.
This is a well established company.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Covina, CAJuly 31, 2014
The company is well organized and has excellent staff. If they could increase the pay it would be great.
Productive and Fun
Risk Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great people!
Attentive people who will help you succeed! loved and enjoyed working for them.
Productive and fun environment
Nickle Plater (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: seasonal
unload trucks and scanned merchandise. Management was organize and simple.Co-workers was fun to be around. Hardest part was unloading trucks. Scanning was enjoyable.
Recruiting
On Site Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 28, 2014
Recruiting, training, on site, supervision, safety, reports
NA Accounts Payable Mgr/AdminAssistant (Former Employee), West Kingston, RIJuly 27, 2014
Pros: job close to home, hours good
Cons: no benefits, no raises, no paid holidays, no bonuses, etc. - assigned company wanted temps (some over 7 years) not perm
No benefits, no raises, no paid holidays, etc. No incentive to stay as perm employee - very disappointing
Volt employee: temp job doing repairs for Apple
iPhone GSX and Repairs Specialist (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAJuly 27, 2014
Temporary position with 40 hrs a week and a maximum contract of 1 year. The pay isn't great but I am a fast learner and keep moving up to more difficult and important tasks.

About VOLT

Volt Workforce Solutions is one of the world’s leading staffing and workforce management companies, connecting qualified, – Read more