VOLT

VOLT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
highly productive workplace
A&P Mechanic Contractor (Aeroturbine) (Former Employee), phoenix azJune 10, 2014
Company was activly involved in my career advancement. i would definately be open to the chance of working with them again.
Nice workplace
Business Process Analyst Consultant (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJune 5, 2014
Pros: getting projects done
Cons: na
o Worked with process owner to create project charter.
o Assisted with providing solutions to process and methodology problems.
o Assisted in collecting data from the Business.
o Helped collect, organized, evaluate and managed data for our team and other teams.
o Responsible for internal and external inquiries via telephone and written correspondence, – more... analyzes problems and provides information/solutions, research and analyzes data to address operational challenges
o Helped assist with appropriate methods for displaying and reporting the data reports on the data.
o Wrote instructional documentation.
o Observed, compared and monitored data that must be input into management reports. – less
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2014
They care about their employees and will help you find a job.
Product processor
Product Processor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
A temp service that assigned me to a medical waste plant that was a fast paced place to work.
Nice while it lasted
Test Technician (Former Employee), Hillsboro OR.May 24, 2014
Pros: free drinks, casual atmosphere, nice people
Cons: no job security, doesn't matter how good a job you do, you are disposable.
While I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with, I have now been laid off twice with very little notice, once 8 months into a year contract, then, after waiting for it, and waiting for it, and getting a hire date, then it changing, finally getting a 2 year contract with lots of lip service about how the company asked for me back by name and there – more... is a great chance I will be hired on permanently on my second contract, laid off 2 months into the 2 year contract. Very bitter with volt at this point, though its probably not really their fault, but the clients. Oh also they were unable or unwilling to find me any other work in my downtime and I don't expect it this time either. – less
Good Company and Management
CHCS/AHLTA System Administrator (Former Employee), Orange, CAMay 24, 2014
Worked with Several great people and the management and staff were excellent.
Consistant
Semiconductor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: consitancey
Cons: boring
Boring and constant, it is mundane..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Exciting Place to work
Assembler, Prep (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: incentives when goals were met
Cons: long meetings
Each day was different working with different cultures, fun loving individuals from all walks of life. I would enjoy when it was time for lunch because we would laugh and enjoy each other.
Pink pong table, a full range of nationalities, learning environment
Administrative Assistant/Consultant (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: free soda machines and coffee
Cons: long term to perm assignments
A typical day for me would have been the processing of H1-B Visa applications. With that I learned the legal aspect and how important being correct with entered information is. The management had open door policies, so questions were not hard to get answered. The hardest part of that job would have been the pronouncing of the names of some of the Clients, – more... and the most enjoyable part of the job was that the people you met throughout the day weather employees or clients would smile and speak or speak back if spoken to in passing or if they were asking a question. – less
Contract Employee (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch if we meet quota
Cons: short breaks
I work as temporary employee under contract for 1 year and i finished it with flying colors. I enjoy working at Apple Computer getting to know and work with iPhone,iPad.
Electronic dvrs and security cameras
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Covina, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: late work hours.
A very good company. great work environment. The work was very routine and busy.
Cool temp to hire company
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMay 16, 2014
very very busy every single day of the week... management and coworkers are helpful and fun to be around... cafeteria has delicious options for breakfast and lunch
Good.
Welder (Former Employee), Valley, WAMay 14, 2014
Weather condition.
Learn how to do different jobs, like wiring and etc.
Good
Good
Hardest when I need tools.
Enjoyable is when everything is complete.
What Job Culture?
Tier 1 Technical Advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2014
Cons: healthcare, pay
A typical day at work includes taking calls for technical support. The problem is not so much with the customers. For the most part, they are wonderful.

The problem is with the Job Culture itself. There is this feeling that one's job is always in jeopardy. From the Tech to the OM the threat just hangs over your head.
Volt is a detriment to permanent work and torments you afterward
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILMay 11, 2014
Pros: clean job site, friendly coworkers, casual clothes
Cons: low pay, no benefits, no job security, mandatory overtime
I started working as a Volt temporary with the hope of becoming a permanent employee at 3M. Unfortunately, Volt was a detriment to a permanent position and this agency continues to undermine my job search.

The Volt workers who transitioned to permanent positions averaged more than 18 months with Volt. Meanwhile, workers were hired from the general – more... populace ahead of them.

The pay was $9.50 per hour, which is demoralizing compared to the $17 earned by regular 3M warehouse workers. In addition, we Volt temporary workers were held to more stringent and unrealistic standards of work, safety, and attendance.

We essentially performed the same work plus all the undesirable work which the regular employees refused. We were not allowed to cheat the productivity numbers whereas the regular employees routinely cheated. During my stay, I witnessed three Volt employees terminated when they became injured (two back injuries and one arm). Regular 3M employees could find excuses to miss work for a couple months at a time, but Volt would not allow reasonable absences.

Volt representatives were unreachable and unavailable to employees and 3M, despite having an office onsite. Eventually, 3M ended the relationship with Volt for this reason and others. Volt stopped paying promised raises around that time. One Volt worker has waited more than six months for back-pay of his 50 cent raise.

I was injured and terminated by Volt. I am currently owed three months of back-pay for a raise. Volt attempted to block my unemployment compensation. Then they obstructed my application for a permanent position at 3M. And now they hinder my application with the new agency at 3M.

In summary, you are better off working elsewhere while you apply for permanent positions because Volt actively sabotages your chances. The pay is substantially lower than other agencies and Volt will continue to torment you after you leave. – less
Worst job I ever had
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 11, 2014
Pros: the guy that makes lunch has awesome taco's
Cons: everything else.
This was the worst job I have ever had. Corporate culture consists of sit down, shut up, and take calls. This was a sub contractor for AT&T, all other departments were other contractors. The interdepartmental communication was horrible and it was next to impossible to get anything done. Your tools were essentially an automated flowchart and even if – more... you know what the problem is, you are not able to address it because of the flow chart. Not worth the $11 an hour. – less
gave me short term jobs
Temporary Agencies (Former Employee), riverside caMay 8, 2014
worked at different places need a permanent job gave me short term job
Great staffing agency
Laborer (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMay 7, 2014
Helpful in placement. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Staff is knowledgeable.
Contigency based.
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAMay 6, 2014
I enjoy my co-workers. However, I do not like the separation of contingent and company employees. Not conducive for a team environment.
Temp agency
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), East Moline, ILMay 3, 2014
Very helpful staff and recruiters. No real benefits package.

About VOLT

Volt Workforce Solutions is one of the world’s leading staffing and workforce management companies, connecting qualified, – Read more