VOLT

VOLT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was an employee placement service doing work for EDS.
Document Processor II (Former Employee), Ocala, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Volt rarely came to work place to check on its employee. Volt had taken over for Kelly Service when they left Ocala.
Kelly Service was Wounderfull.
productive
Material Handler (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: 40hrs of work per/week and good pay
Cons: there is no upword movement
it was a good place to work and you get a pay check but you don't get promoted
Great company just not enough work.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: enjoy work with testing equipment.
Cons: not enough work to be done.
Check to see work orders needed done nightly and early morning. Prepare for completion of all customer needs ahead of time. Learned need to know what all possibilities could arise on assignments in order to be very efficient.
Management very helpful and friendly.
No other techs work with me. I'm on my own daily.
No difficulties with job.
Most enjoyable – more... for me is troubleshooting complex problems. – less
Not good
Receiving Clerk/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Houston TX,February 25, 2014
Rinky dink company with their affairs not in order. When they are not losing checks you can never get anyone on the phone to assist you with any complications
Great job that is close to home
Proposal Writer (Current Employee), Orange, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: the company is downsizing
I have worked at Volt for a total of 17 years. Originally, I worked for a division of Volt for 10 years and now I have worked for Volt Corporate for seven years.

I love the job of writing proposals. I enjoy supporting sales in their efforts to engage more clients and obtain more business.
Volt Review
Failure Analysis Engineer (Six Sigma Green Belt) (Former Employee), Joliet, ILFebruary 23, 2014
I was a contract engineer for Volt on behalf of Caterpillar Inc. I liked the job assignment but the job security was uncertain day to day.
Excellent no-nonsense, get the job done type of service.
Temporary Office Clerk (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 22, 2014
The staff has always been helpful, understanding and ready to put all people to work who wants to work.
The Ever-Revolving Door of a Staffing Firm
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 20, 2014
Just another staffing firm. It always felt like by the time I would become part of the culture, I'd be sent off to another company to do someone else's bidding. The pay stank, and I never got full-time work. It was very hard to pay the bills.
same like allstone team works
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJFebruary 20, 2014
unforgettable place everybody in the same plate. i did enjoy wor king for this company .
Great process and opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAFebruary 19, 2014
Enjoyed learning new companies and finding the right fit for me and the company
Good Agency
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Good company to work for, friendly staff and very efficient. Always keeping you in the loop when jobs are available.
Data Center Tech (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 18, 2014
Management is worried more of their own pay than that of their workers.
Apple iPod, iPhone, iPad Tech Support (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 18, 2014
a typical day at work is (after training is complete) answer the phone in a proper manner use interpersonal skills to diagnose and resolve costumer issues and wait for next call. I learned ALOT during training it is a great training program. the hardest part of the job is the training and that only because it is alot of information to gather and retain – more... in a very short time. most enjoyable part of the job is the team! – less
Volt is a good place for job placement.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 17, 2014
I would go to work at Moldex Metric at the temporary site and I would clean the machines and also create earplugs.
great for entry level
Advisor (iPod) (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAFebruary 16, 2014
Volt was a stepping stone to a great career. I recommend them for anyone that needs to gain skills to include on their resume.
It's where you go to learn the trade of recruiting
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 11, 2014
I came, I saw, I learned, I moved on. For what it's worth, Volt was a decent place to work if your only goal is to learn the industry. Not somewhere to go longterm.
its okay if you like to be recomeneded for things you see others doing
Call Director (Current Employee), txFebruary 9, 2014
its okay if you like to be recoomeneded for things you see others doing
Typical temp position
Direct Sales Agent (Former Employee), Coeur D'Alene IDFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: client attitude to temps; lack of job security; no benefits
Volt is fine as a temporary agency, you get what you expect. There are no good benefits, and there is insufficient notice that the project is ending. The salary is fair, the recruiters are friendly and helpful. There is no job security or prospect of advancement. Hiring by Volt leads the client company to view employees as less than real people - pretty – more... depressing.

The job itself was fun and challenging. – less
Part time job while wating to start with ViaSat
MDU Technician- Sub Contractor (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: work from home, lunch breaks, excellent pay, excellent hours
Cons: no hours, no healthcare benefits, no 401k, no retirement plans
This was a part time job I picked up while I was waiting to start contracting with ViaSat. Volt contracted with Centurylink to install, service, and maintain MDU commericial Directv system into businesses, hotels and Apartment Buildings. I enjoyed this job very much. Based out of California, meant I also worked from home. I serviced the city of Casa – more... Grande, AZ and rebuilt all the old systems with new fiber systems myself. I was a piece rate employee which ended up hurting me forcing me to leave and focus on ViaSat. Casa Grande is not a large city and does not have the high churn of tenants moving in and out of apartments to keep me busy. I leaned on service work to fill in for the lack of installs but once I rebuilt the systems and had them working so well, my hours fell to 1-10 hours on average per week. Overall, Volt was an enjoyable job to have and the people I worked for and with were all team players that got along well together. – less
Excellent temporary work, not very good accountability
Material Handler (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: long-term work contracts, friendly and helpful staff
Cons: no accountability for their mistakes
I have mixed feelings about Volt. While they are on top of their game as far as finding work for people, they aren't very good at individual accountability when something goes wrong.

The one long-term contract I worked through Volt, ended unexpectedly and without warning; even though this was a result of their mistakes, I was still blamed for not 'being – more... on top of things' with my on-site manager. – less

About VOLT

A jolt from Volt can discharge your personnel needs. Volt Information Sciences generates most of its sales by offering temporary – Read more