VOLT Employee Reviews

Contract work
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2015
Was contracted to another company, was contracted to Check Point which included benefits such as lunch

Coworkers were really easy to get along with
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hard work
Not stable positions, paid unfairly, disorganized environment
Tester (Former Employee) –  MontrealJuly 18, 2015
If accepting a job as Tester, there will be no stability on schedule and the salary seems inconsistently rewarded.

For some projects, I was aware of my next day schedule just by en email the late night before, day by day.

Human Resources was never available, the people get arrogant and not very helpful, paid minimum wages.

Lead Testers are disorganized, you may not know what tasks are expected. Not a place for advancement in your career. There may be better companies in this field to be employed.
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
Problems with schedule, irregular salary, poor management
cannot trust!
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABMay 29, 2015
My paychecks were never the same week to week, even through I worked the same hours the checks would be hundreds of dollars difference. I would receive random checks in the mail at times and when I asked about the pay I was never given a definitive answer. When the job ended, it took them a MONTH to give me my final paycheck and even that check was the incorrect amount. It was 2 months later I'm finally receiving the corrected amount.
I asked the accounting manager in 3 separate emails what was going on, she responded to only one of the emails and was rude and unprofessional. My advice would be to never accept a position with this company!
Easy to talk to.
Customer Integration Manager (Current Employee) –  Missisauga, On. but I work from homeMarch 11, 2015
I work from home and travel frequently as I provide consultancy services to an off-shore company. I spend my time mostly on conference calls and meetings. I interact with several groups in the organization from different sites in the US and Asia.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not being in an actual office environment
Productive and fun workplace.
level 1 IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QCFebruary 26, 2015
I Learned a lot in my short time at Volt.
Vpn, Networking, Outlook, TCP/IP, adding users to domains
Management was great.
Illegal wage theft
Full Time Employee inaccurately called contractor (Current Employee) –  CanadaNovember 19, 2014
Volt is an illegal wage theft company. They help companies miscategorize full time workers as part time and keep them in wage slavery. They are the embodiment of the broken North American work culture. Well, sadly, they are just one sinister agent in it.

Working full time at Volt, I could not afford to pay basic bills. Any surprise expense was just... adorable and bills fell behind further. I have no dependants, just rent and basics.

I was paid minimum wage to do a skilled technical job.
Pros
literally nothing
Cons
no benefits
A great place to get experience
Human Resource On-Site Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2014
This is a 50+ hour/week job. The people at the office are amazing, and this growing team is doing great things for it's employee.

On a daily basis, there is a lot of autonomy and decision making which is great especially for young professionals trying to gain additional experience in a rapidly growing IT industry.
Pros
on-site client team is amazing!
Subcontractor
PC Compatibility QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2014
I did not find any room for advancement in this company. Overall very well managed.
Competitive workplace
Onsite Program Manager - HR Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2013
Multi-tasking
Great Experience, Learned alot of communication and business development skills
Great place.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 3, 2013
Enjoyed working with Volt, and with the people. Hard work, but always good intentions behind business decisions.
Great Experience & Exposure
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Another great company to work with, they work with IT Engines in the industry and have a great work environment.
Fun workplace
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Attended to phone calls, concluded the nature of calls, and assisted callers to the proper department
I learned how to use different programs
Pros
lunch
Cons
location
A very friendly work environment and interesting concept.
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 8, 2013
I was a temporary video game tester for Volt in Vancouver working on a title for two weeks before heading to college. Shift starts around 7 am with a lunch break in the middle then ending around 3 to 4 pm. Sometimes we pick up more hours to get some overtime which is plus.

Although I have a night job very close to home, I hope to work with Volt again for video game testing to boost up my work skills again as well as maintaining a balanced work life.
Pros
decent pay, overtime pay, casual/friendly staff
Cons
nothing really.
• Test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 22, 2012
In Volt, we test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations, when I work there my co-worker always willing to teach me something I dont know, so we all have a good relationship
Pros
good work environmont
Cons
u need to sit in front of the computer all the time
Fast paced customer service
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2012
Fast paced customer service call center, high ques, quality customer service experience, high stress but easily balanced.
A nice place to work.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2012
Overall it is a decent place to work. The only con is that there is no benefits. It is a basic job.