VOLT

VOLT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Subcontractor
PC Compatibility QA Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2014
I did not find any room for advancement in this company. Overall very well managed.
Competitive workplace
Onsite Program Manager - HR Recruitment (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2013
Multi-tasking
Great Experience, Learned alot of communication and business development skills
Great place.
Program Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMay 3, 2013
Enjoyed working with Volt, and with the people. Hard work, but always good intentions behind business decisions.
No room for improvement
Game Tester (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: no advancements
It's fun testing video games everyday but there is no room for improvement or advancement
A Challenge!
Lash Group (Temp) (Former Employee), Lash GroupMarch 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, snacks, etc.
Cons: short training and unprofessionalism.
In my previous position as a Benefits Verification Specialist at Lash Group, I verified insurance benefits by calling payors to record eligibility for a procedure. I learned the different payor information, copays for the patient, and other cost share information. My co-workers were the typical co-workers. Our training was short, so at time the job – more... was a challenge to perform to the best of my ablility with the knowlede I learned. The most enjoyable part of the job was Lash Group took care of their seasonal employees by providing lunches and other things we needed. – less
Great Experience & Exposure
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Another great company to work with, they work with IT Engines in the industry and have a great work environment.
Fun workplace
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: location
Attended to phone calls, concluded the nature of calls, and assisted callers to the proper department
I learned how to use different programs
A very friendly work environment and interesting concept.
Game Tester (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: decent pay, overtime pay, casual/friendly staff
Cons: nothing really.
I was a temporary video game tester for Volt in Vancouver working on a title for two weeks before heading to college. Shift starts around 7 am with a lunch break in the middle then ending around 3 to 4 pm. Sometimes we pick up more hours to get some overtime which is plus.

Although I have a night job very close to home, I hope to work with Volt again – more... for video game testing to boost up my work skills again as well as maintaining a balanced work life. – less
• Test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations
Game Tester (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 22, 2012
Pros: good work environmont
Cons: u need to sit in front of the computer all the time
In Volt, we test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations, when I work there my co-worker always willing to teach me something I dont know, so we all have a good relationship
Fast paced customer service
Technical Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2012
Fast paced customer service call center, high ques, quality customer service experience, high stress but easily balanced.
A nice place to work.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2012
Overall it is a decent place to work. The only con is that there is no benefits. It is a basic job.
ok
Data Entry (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2014
Good place to go to for a temp or temp to hire job. Staff was nice.
It's a good place to work.
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches (sometimes), extra breaks, voluntary time off, and rewards based on performance.
Cons: dealing with customers over the phone.
A typical day at work would be sitting in front of a computer all day taking in calls about a customers problem or questions about their device and you would have to troubleshoot the device over the call to try and solve their issue.

I learned how to use and troubleshoot specific apple products.

Management was great at volt. They would always talk – more... about performance at least once a week on a team meeting. They would always be there if any issues arrive to help out.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers, or customers who can't follow directions. The customer was thing that made the job hard. Dealing with actual issue with the product was easy.

Best thing about the job is receiving a survey from a customer to tell you how you did. These surveys are common. – less
Good Staffing Company
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great staffing company
Cons: work sites, temp job
The staffing company is run by wonderful and helpful people, the work sites however are not always the best. The Staffing company will do what they can to help you.
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee), Kentucky American waterAugust 11, 2014
Great to work for. Company went out of business. Temporary assignment.
Always worried about losing my job.
Customer Service Support (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 11, 2014
Pros: hour lunches. great team managers on tier one phones. great hr personnel.
Cons: i am always afraid that i will lose my job, by telling me my "assignment" has ended.
Volt is the temporary agency for VMC, Inc. We are a sub contractor for Apple iOS products and Spanish speakers also provide support for Mac computers.

Volt only allows certain people to be hired to VMC. There are some 35 Tier 2 Help desk agents and only 2 of them have been moved to VMC after a year or more of service.

I am always afraid that I will – more... lose my job, if call volume goes down the center's General Manager will cut the hours of the bottom 25% of the staff and tell them to go to unemployment to make up the difference. Tell us Apple wants that. BS. I say.

Apple doesn't treat their employees that way, why would they want their subcontractors to do that.

There is a handbook, but it seems that because it's a temporary agency, Volt, can fire you at a moments notice, just by saying your "assignment" has ended.

There is always a great big firing, usually 25-30% of the agents on all tier ones, at the end of May and then the hiring starts. Trainings go non-stop from June to August and if there is no release, then there is another hours cut in October. Hopefully all the people that were just trained will leave and find other jobs.
There are no raises after a years or more tenure.

The managers are almost never women, there are only 4 on tier one phones and the rest of all the managers in the center are men. That includes all of Chat, Spanish, Tier 2, and APAC.

My typical day starts off with logging into mail, ilog, IEX, and other programs. Check the stats for the day before and any surveys that may have come in for me.

Log into the phone, start taking calls. All inbound calls, unless the customer disconnects or is calling in on the device we are supporting for technical service. Outbound calls can only make up 3% of a days calls. It becomes a sort of, who needs it most, kind of thing. Calls should take no more than 14.5 minutes on average. Call backs need to be set up for anyone that has extensive technical support procedures and will take more than 10 minutes to complete, this keeps average handle time down.

If I knew then, what I know now, I wouldn't work at volt, EVER! – less
The people at VOLT do care about your welfare- good people-pay was low
General Dynamics Land Systems - Material Handler (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 10, 2014
Cons: dual standards when it came to contractors and regular employees, concerning anything to do with forklifts or other machinery.
VOLT work source helped me get a job with General Dynamics Land Systems, in Auburn, WA. The management was extremely helpful with all my questions. I knew only one other person who was from VOLT. The job at General Dynamics was a job, and nothing else. It was only a temporary job. The GOVT was not hiring, so we all knew that we had a limited time there. – more... Many of us were laid off after a year or less. – less
Nice coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Exton, PAAugust 6, 2014
Enjoyed the variety of work. Everyone was willing to chip in and help.
I enjoyed this job
Machine operator (Former Employee), Anoka, MNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: dirty dusty work area
Cons: 12 hour days
I ran machines that made shot gun shells, packaged and palletized the cases of shotgun shells.
Good employment service
Department Specialist (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 6, 2014
This agency kept me busy and I would accept assignments again if jobs were presented.

1 2 3 4 5

About VOLT

Volt Workforce Solutions is one of the world’s leading staffing and workforce management companies, connecting qualified, – Read more