VOLT

VOLT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Illegal wage theft
Full Time Employee inaccurately called contractor (Current Employee), CanadaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: literally nothing
Cons: no benefits
Volt is an illegal wage theft company. They help companies miscategorize full time workers as part time and keep them in wage slavery. They are the embodiment of the broken North American work culture. Well, sadly, they are just one sinister agent in it.

Working full time at Volt, I could not afford to pay basic bills. Any surprise expense was just... adorable and bills fell behind further. I have no dependants, just rent and basics.

I was paid minimum wage to do a skilled technical job.
A great place to get experience
Human Resource On-Site Program Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: on-site client team is amazing!
Cons: long hours
This is a 50+ hour/week job. The people at the office are amazing, and this growing team is doing great things for it's employee.

On a daily basis, there is a lot of autonomy and decision making which is great especially for young professionals trying to gain additional experience in a rapidly growing IT industry.
Subcontractor
PC Compatibility QA Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2014
I did not find any room for advancement in this company. Overall very well managed.
Competitive workplace
Onsite Program Manager - HR Recruitment (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2013
Multi-tasking
Great Experience, Learned alot of communication and business development skills
Great place.
Program Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMay 3, 2013
Enjoyed working with Volt, and with the people. Hard work, but always good intentions behind business decisions.
No room for improvement
Game Tester (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: no advancements
It's fun testing video games everyday but there is no room for improvement or advancement
Great Experience & Exposure
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Another great company to work with, they work with IT Engines in the industry and have a great work environment.
Fun workplace
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: location
Attended to phone calls, concluded the nature of calls, and assisted callers to the proper department
I learned how to use different programs
A very friendly work environment and interesting concept.
Game Tester (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: decent pay, overtime pay, casual/friendly staff
Cons: nothing really.
I was a temporary video game tester for Volt in Vancouver working on a title for two weeks before heading to college. Shift starts around 7 am with a lunch break in the middle then ending around 3 to 4 pm. Sometimes we pick up more hours to get some overtime which is plus.

Although I have a night job very close to home, I hope to work with Volt again for video game testing to boost up my work skills again as well as maintaining a balanced work life.
• Test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations
Game Tester (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 22, 2012
Pros: good work environmont
Cons: u need to sit in front of the computer all the time
In Volt, we test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations, when I work there my co-worker always willing to teach me something I dont know, so we all have a good relationship
Fast paced customer service
Technical Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2012
Fast paced customer service call center, high ques, quality customer service experience, high stress but easily balanced.
A nice place to work.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2012
Overall it is a decent place to work. The only con is that there is no benefits. It is a basic job.
Management sucks
Picker (Current Employee), Crystal lake, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great co-workers snap-on supervisors
Cons: volt management, never know when you're getting off
Manager is so hard to contact and is never at her office during office hours. I work 3rd shift and I am never able to contact her. How ever working in the snap on building with snap on supervisors is a blast. I have fun co-workers. Though you never know how long of a day you're going to work.
Great place to work...
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Volt....they do all they can to assist their employees, was assigned to Progress Rail...now their management lacks BIG TIME..
Working here is not as good as it used to be.
Corporate employee (Current Employee), Orange CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: poor management
This used to be a family-friendly place to work with a good work-family balance. It is no longer that way. Morale is poor and management does not seem to care about the workers. Management is not willing to give raises to the workers, but has no problem rewarding themselves for the efforts of those they manage.
they got me work pretty quick
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 20, 2015
were very friendly and kept me informed of new job availablility
Flexiablity
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 19, 2015
Sign into call center line. Wait for a dealer to call with issues with their software application. Try to trouble shoot it while dealer is on the line. If not able to, make sure contact information is correct. Find a solution to the problem, then call dealer back and let they know the problem is fixed. If solution cannot be found immediately, call dealer back and give them an estimated time that it might be fixed, and let them know what to do until the problem is fixed. How to trouble shoot problems a little better. Management was not that helpful. Co-workers were helpful at times. Hardest part of job was making sure the problem got fixed in a timely manor. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the application get fixed in a timely fashion without getting any help from co-workers.
TONS OF TURNOVER
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great colleagues who have gone on to be successful elsewhere
Cons: poor pay
POOR COMPENSATION MEANS YOUR STARS WILL MOVE ON. YOU WORK HARD TO FILL JOBS EMPLOYERS CAN'T FILL ON THEIR OWN FOR VERY LITTLE PAY. YOUR TALENT WILL GO ELSEWHERE. AND THEY HAVE. MANAGEMENT HAD VERY HIGH TURNOVER WHEN I WAS THERE. RECRUITERS HAD TO FOCUS MORE ON BRINGING IN BUSINESS THEN FILLING REQUISITIONS WITH QUALITY CANDIDATES.
Not a good contracting house
CPD shipside support (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 16, 2015
These folks lie about anything and everything they can about the contract.
A productive and fun workplace.
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good lunches
Cons: short breaks
Co-workers are helpful.
I have learned the operations of warehouse industry.
If its not hard, its not fun.
But every work day was a breeze.
The most enjoyable perk of this job was the smell of the work area.

1 2 3 4 5

About VOLT

Volt Workforce Solutions is one of the world’s leading staffing and workforce management companies, connecting qualified, – Read more