VOLT

VOLT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Illegal wage theft
Full Time Employee inaccurately called contractor (Current Employee), CanadaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: literally nothing
Cons: no benefits
Volt is an illegal wage theft company. They help companies miscategorize full time workers as part time and keep them in wage slavery. They are the embodiment of the broken North American work culture. Well, sadly, they are just one sinister agent in it.

Working full time at Volt, I could not afford to pay basic bills. Any surprise expense was just... – more... adorable and bills fell behind further. I have no dependants, just rent and basics.

I was paid minimum wage to do a skilled technical job. – less
A great place to get experience
Human Resource On-Site Program Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: on-site client team is amazing!
Cons: long hours
This is a 50+ hour/week job. The people at the office are amazing, and this growing team is doing great things for it's employee.

On a daily basis, there is a lot of autonomy and decision making which is great especially for young professionals trying to gain additional experience in a rapidly growing IT industry.
Subcontractor
PC Compatibility QA Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2014
I did not find any room for advancement in this company. Overall very well managed.
Competitive workplace
Onsite Program Manager - HR Recruitment (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2013
Multi-tasking
Great Experience, Learned alot of communication and business development skills
Great place.
Program Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMay 3, 2013
Enjoyed working with Volt, and with the people. Hard work, but always good intentions behind business decisions.
No room for improvement
Game Tester (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: no advancements
It's fun testing video games everyday but there is no room for improvement or advancement
Great Experience & Exposure
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Another great company to work with, they work with IT Engines in the industry and have a great work environment.
Fun workplace
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: location
Attended to phone calls, concluded the nature of calls, and assisted callers to the proper department
I learned how to use different programs
A very friendly work environment and interesting concept.
Game Tester (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: decent pay, overtime pay, casual/friendly staff
Cons: nothing really.
I was a temporary video game tester for Volt in Vancouver working on a title for two weeks before heading to college. Shift starts around 7 am with a lunch break in the middle then ending around 3 to 4 pm. Sometimes we pick up more hours to get some overtime which is plus.

Although I have a night job very close to home, I hope to work with Volt again – more... for video game testing to boost up my work skills again as well as maintaining a balanced work life. – less
• Test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations
Game Tester (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 22, 2012
Pros: good work environmont
Cons: u need to sit in front of the computer all the time
In Volt, we test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations, when I work there my co-worker always willing to teach me something I dont know, so we all have a good relationship
Fast paced customer service
Technical Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2012
Fast paced customer service call center, high ques, quality customer service experience, high stress but easily balanced.
A nice place to work.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2012
Overall it is a decent place to work. The only con is that there is no benefits. It is a basic job.
Enjoyed working with kids and growing together.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks with children
Cons: low pay
Working for daycare was an amazing position. I was an advocate for many children as well as our parents to help and answer questions. Grew together with many kids and creating plans for a successful development of children weekly. Never a dull moment having many children around.
love it
Kitter (Current Employee), Avon, MANovember 23, 2014
good communication throughout. job placement is always ensured and they make sure you are at a place that you enjoy and communicate the pros and cons of every location before you start. Pay is also good.
Very exciting and fast pace place to work.
Maintenance Inventory (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 22, 2014
Very fast pace job, I learned a lot of skills and abilities: Trained Employee, Supervises, Inventory Control, Organizational Skills, Forklift Operator, Loading/Unloading, Machine Operator, Shipping/Receiving, management was excellent, co-workers were very informative, the most hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job was the jobs face pace, and – more... keeping up and excelling that pace. – less
IT/Eng Staffing Division
Sr. Internet Recruiting, Social Media, Job Poster (Former Employee), Redmond, WANovember 22, 2014
Pros: knowledgeable and professional recruiters, great training dept.
Cons: undisclosed
Located in Redmond, WA on Willows Road. Office environment, cubes, fast paced, high energy work surroundings. Reorganization is driving the development of a more streamlined and structured business that will support employee satisfaction in the long run.
Grace was an exciting very productive place to work.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Lisle, ILNovember 20, 2014
Pros: lots of benefits.
I would like to say that everyday was fun, busy, and exciting. I loved the people I worked with. I enjoyed the work to the fullest.
Overall
Intermediate Group Level Processor (Current Employee), El Dorado Hills, CANovember 19, 2014
Overall, I enjoy working for Volt. They send me out to great and big businesses that are in good management care.
I would definately recommend this agency to other people. My coworkers are amazing! The manager and supervisors/lead are a big help! They are always willing to help us out and I absolutely love that! The most enjoyable part about this job – more... is that I get to help members out with their benefits because I know I am helping multuple people out to make sure their benefits are correct! – less
Panasonic Avionics
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: interesting work and workplace
Cons: irregular work hours and commute
major international airport operations on a regular basis, flight line
maintenance and update of client aircraft entertainment network
on board client aircraft
Enjoyed it, terrific place
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), BostonNovember 18, 2014
Pros: stability and respect
Another great company, with a stability, loved it, terrific group of people

1 2 3 4 5

About VOLT

Volt Workforce Solutions is one of the world’s leading staffing and workforce management companies, connecting qualified, – Read more