Volt Employee Review

A very friendly work environment and interesting concept.
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2013
I was a temporary video game tester for Volt in Vancouver working on a title for two weeks before heading to college. Shift starts around 7 am with a lunch break in the middle then ending around 3 to 4 pm. Sometimes we pick up more hours to get some overtime which is plus.

Although I have a night job very close to home, I hope to work with Volt again for video game testing to boost up my work skills again as well as maintaining a balanced work life.
Pros
decent pay, overtime pay, casual/friendly staff
Cons
nothing really.

Other Volt Employee Reviews

individual workplace
Apple sales representative (MSC) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 May 2016
Great workplace, managed my own apple shop in the best buy, trained best buy employees, merchandised the apple shop, reach goals everyday.
Pros
paid training
Contracted by Volt Canada to test for EA
NHL 15 Quality Assurance Contract Tester (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 February 2016
An average job for an average person. The pay is low and the work is mundane. You'll get promoted easily if you have a nice figure, compared to an intelligent understanding of the material you're given. This is evidenced by the three or four people I’ve seen get promoted before others who have been there longer.

The company and position had no personality. You come in, work for eight hours, play this or that game then get a 300 dollar cheque at the end of the week.

You are expected to conform, not say any jokes and everyone on your team is out to make you look bad so they get promoted after the relentless 5 year battle to get noticed by EA.

They tell you how you should talk, act, think and work while there, which is fine, granted it's on company time but it's not the best attitude for people to want to advance.

EA staff itself treat you like second class citizens. If you even speak up during a meeting they look at you like an outcast. We were allowed to partake in the Friday beer days until someone decided to steal something, then this sliver of equality was stopped faster than lighting strikes.

1/10, would work again!
Pros
You get to play games
Cons
You are treated like a sheep.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volt. Our community is ready to answer.