VOLT

VOLT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Competitive workplace
Onsite Program Manager - HR Recruitment (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 17, 2013
Multi-tasking
Great Experience, Learned alot of communication and business development skills
Great place.
Program Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMay 3, 2013
Enjoyed working with Volt, and with the people. Hard work, but always good intentions behind business decisions.
No room for improvement
Game Tester (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: no advancements
It's fun testing video games everyday but there is no room for improvement or advancement
Great Experience & Exposure
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Another great company to work with, they work with IT Engines in the industry and have a great work environment.
Fun workplace
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: location
Attended to phone calls, concluded the nature of calls, and assisted callers to the proper department
I learned how to use different programs
A very friendly work environment and interesting concept.
Game Tester (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: decent pay, overtime pay, casual/friendly staff
Cons: nothing really.
I was a temporary video game tester for Volt in Vancouver working on a title for two weeks before heading to college. Shift starts around 7 am with a lunch break in the middle then ending around 3 to 4 pm. Sometimes we pick up more hours to get some overtime which is plus.

Although I have a night job very close to home, I hope to work with Volt again – more... for video game testing to boost up my work skills again as well as maintaining a balanced work life. – less
• Test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations
Game Tester (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 22, 2012
Pros: good work environmont
Cons: u need to sit in front of the computer all the time
In Volt, we test video games for defects in the linguistic quality and implementation of translations, when I work there my co-worker always willing to teach me something I dont know, so we all have a good relationship
Fast paced customer service
Technical Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2012
Fast paced customer service call center, high ques, quality customer service experience, high stress but easily balanced.
Contract Job for Apple
Rework Technician (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJuly 30, 2012
Pros: co-worker and some bosses are nice people
Cons: can be mindless, mandatory overtime going on for 2-4 months, not enough work
A 1 year maximum contract to work for apple as a rework technician. Not the best job but at least your have a job.

Work begins at 730 am with reclaim units until consumer units comes in. Test them for all functional errors to find any as well as reading customer complaint to try and duplicate the error. Process units as necessary. We will either have – more... to replace the unit, repair and retest, or send the unit back as either "No Trouble Found" or "Abused/Beyond Repair."

Management is okay for the most part and can be understanding. My co-workers for the most part is diverse and they are pretty cool.

Hardest part of the job just making sure you can finish before 330 pm because sometimes we get a lot of units. Other than that this job is very easy. – less
A nice place to work.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2012
Overall it is a decent place to work. The only con is that there is no benefits. It is a basic job.
Unorganized
Call Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2014
Very unorganized. Management was not approachable. Pushing goals without recognition or pay.
they just want a worker for money
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 17, 2014
they dont really care about making employees happy or advancing or getting them hired.
Things I have learned...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNApril 14, 2014
I have learned how to use different systems, such as Volt Track, Sterling Infosystems, ESS, ETime, etc. These systems are used to assign candidates to their projects and to make sure they are paid timely.
Leaning enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2014
Worked as a ficilities advisor for over 1500 WAMU Banks through the US
Job was a temporary job and no room for growth or advancement.
Technical Support Pace (AT&T) (Former Employee), Richardson,TxApril 10, 2014
Pros: rewards for job well done
Cons: short breaks
Overall I got to meet some great people. My team was very bright and fun to be around made the stress of the job bearable.
Pruductive place to work
Assist customer (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 9, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: short breaks and help was lacking when needing to ask questions
Consist of troubleshooting Mac laptops computers. I learned a lot about mac operating systems.
good working atmosphere, friendly people,
Material Handler Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Columbia Mo.April 8, 2014
Unloading and receiving materials for production and assembly lines. Checking packing list to make sure the paperwork matches the items shipped. Data entry into E1M database, storing of shipments in warehouse rack locations for Quality checks.
Issues with the truth
Field Employee (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 8, 2014
Pros: awesome people to work with
Cons: no sick days, no vacation days, no benefits, management is a joke!
I have worked for Volt/DTS for nearly two years and they use the good old bait and switch routine. They promise you stuff in the beginning, then when it is time to pay up they don't want to fulfill their promises. Some employees get special treatment, and rules are not the same for everyone.
Document Review-Scanning & Shipping (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXApril 7, 2014
Pros: fastpace
Cons: wish i couldve stayed longer
Making sure every employee doc was correct,prepare for scan.
How to be very organized
Very helpful
The job was very interesting and fast pace
working alone
Various Executive Management positions
VP (Former Employee), Orange, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: excellent management team, driven staff
I spent 12 years with Volt as a Vice President of Tecnology, Vice President of Customer Support, and Vice President/ General Manager of DataServ, a company I started from the ground up and as an IT Consultant working with Fortune 500 comapnies for their IT deliverables.

1 2 3 4 5

About VOLT

A jolt from Volt can discharge your personnel needs. Volt Information Sciences generates most of its sales by offering temporary – Read more