Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Good earning potential
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 October 2017
Great Product. Attracts qualified customers. Family type atmosphere. Regular schedule however must be flexible to work around the timeline of the client.
Great
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  GTA11 October 2017
Being in sales - management or non management, the day would go by looking into sales targets. Calling customers or helping sales people make appointments.

People skills all the time.

Great culture and friendly.

Hardest part - not being busy sometimes.

Enjoyable part - being busy all the time.
Pros
Distance, money and SELLING!
Cons
Sunday closed.
Enjoyed the tasks at hand
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 September 2017
I enjoyed working there while I was kept, I only had a couple of co-workers I didn't particularly love working with but it was still a job I liked working at with many things I got to learn.
mauvaise gestion
Préposée à l'esthétique (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC21 September 2017
La gestion met beaucoup de pression sur les employé.
Productive and efficient shop
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 September 2017
The staff are friendly and helpful. The garage is busy but you get what you asked for when it comes to services rendered. Great experience working here
work culture is good
General Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 September 2017
great team to work with, and management do support their employees, if one have problems, other willing to help, and working as a team, they also provide internal training opportunities.
Never a dull moment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 September 2017
Nonstop throughout the day,
Customers usually pleasant, most staff members are good to work with. Dog friendly environment.
Fast paced in between filing and answering phones
Pros
Able to see Lots of dogs
Cons
Some management were degrading
Not bad.
LOT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 September 2017
It's not a fun place to work but if you just want a job it will be a choice. I worked there for 3 months but I learned some stuff which is valuable for my future career.
environnement de travail
Responsable de la garantie (Former Employee) –  West Island, QC28 August 2017
l'environnement de travail était plus que convenable
Fantastic working environment
Car Porter (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON25 August 2017
First shop I have ever worked at and I'm glad I ventured into the automotive industry. Volkswagen is a fantastic company to work for. Competitive wages, friendly team environment and staff who are easily approachable
Volkswagen wasn't the problem, Steele was
Receptionist/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 August 2017
The company itself was definitely not the reason I had issues... it was the management of the dealership. There was basically zero compensation for your work or efforts.
Good for part time student
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  British Columbia13 August 2017
It's super stressful
I learned how to cope under stress
Management is great
multitasking
Most enjoyable part of the job is going home

This is ideally a great job for a student
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
pay isn't the greatest
fun, productive place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 July 2017
loved my coworkers and day to day life at goldkey. its a very casual, friendly environment and the people are easy to work along side of. overall great place to work
Tres agréable
Technicien automobile (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC27 June 2017
Était agréable d'y travailler. L'équipement dans cette atelier et la formation continue.
Pros
L'équipe a l'époque
Cons
Le changement apporté
Great People, Great Job, Excellent Benifits.
Detailer/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 June 2017
Brantford Volkswagen is a great place to work.
I learned a lot while working in the wash bay and as a shuttle driver. I found a passion for detailing and driving all cars. I really enjoyed having the opportunity to drive all the newest cars and some off make vehicles as well.
My customer service skills were put to the test in the close quarters environment of the shuttle car. It can get very personal very quickly. When the TDI emissions situation occurred, I endured many complaints and aggressive attitudes. But I was always able to diffuse the situation and offer a positive spin on things.If not, I would change the subject all together. I would always strive to be on time and take the best routes. If I was unsure on a route I would ask the customer for their opinion. I feel they appreciated being involved. Picking up and dropping multiple people off was a challenge, but was always solved with communication and knowledge of the city streets and local businesses.
Washing cars for 8-10 hours a day may be an unbearable thought, but once you get in their and you see the before and after results, the satisfaction keeps you going.
Occasionally the main Detail Technician would go on vacation, this would give me plenty of time to take on some detail work in between shuttle driving. I really enjoyed the before and after and will continue to pursue the skill of detailing vehicles.
The fellow employees all work together to solve problems, I found the group to be friendly and fun to spend the days with.
The management is top notch, I was very impressed. The three owners work along
  more... side the employees and are always accessible and willing to help solve a problem and offer advice. They are also very generous.
Overall, if you work hard and efficiently and show up with a fun personality, you will have a great experience.
Pros
Drive new cars, great people, challenging but satisfying, good solid hours.
Cons
Risk of Damage to cars. Drive slow and safe. Dress for the weather. Keep your feet dry.
Busy place with poor planning
Apprentice Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 June 2017
excellent if looking to stay busy, bad if you don't not being able to finish a job before beginning another. management lacks unless your talking about micro managing then it excels greatly. culture is excellent, great group of guys generally when your off the clock, on is a different story. guys in shop are a riot, guys up front have their days. take it how you wish, it works out great for some and not so great for others.
Pros
game room, popcorn?
Cons
never enough.
Good place
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 June 2017
good place to work... management could be better.... the benefits are awesome and the experience is fun there is just too much micro-managing... other than that really great place
Long hours, constantly changing management, and dirty working environment
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON9 May 2017
You have to work every Saturday as an apprentice,12 hour shift on Thursdays. management has changed several times within 2 years. only part of dealership kept clean is the sales area.
great place to work, one of those jobs that you want to get up and go to everyday.
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON2 May 2017
Volkswagen was a great company to work for and I wish I was there for longer. However, I had to return to school following my co-op with this company. My manager was very laid back, and very helpful and understanding. The culture of this company was also very enjoyable to be involved in, well I was there they participated in multiple fundraising events like a weekend volunteer event, garage sale, and marathon.
Pros
great people
good part-time gig
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 April 2017
a good place to work if you're okay with being cold in the winter-time (big windows). other than that, staff is friendly and wage is decent. a good office/sales environment