VOICES.COM Employee Reviews

Favourite company I've worked for
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2018
This is a sweet place to work because the culture and the people are fantastic. You actually make friends here and that really helps your motivation and your desire to come into work everyday. The founders place a heavy emphasis on hiring people that will enjoy the culture and add positively to it.

The work we do is really interesting and it's always new and different. I never find myself getting bored.

The work-life balance aspect is quite strong. We can flex as much time as we need and adjust our hours where necessary. You also get 3 weeks of vacation and 3 extra days to be used as vacation or if you get sick.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, fair salaries, really nice office, free unlimited coffee
Cons
Rapidly growing
Dont trust them
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 January 2018
I was let go for literally no reason and was refused an answer when I inquired.
They have zero loyalty and do not operate their business in the way that they preach they do, especially since they preach Christian values all the time.
I was continually forced to do work outside of work hours without compensation and would have accounts taken away if I was not available at some point during my personal time.
Pros
Free breakfast once every week
Cons
They dont value employees
Poorly Managed
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 May 2017
Great company culture. Young, innovative, driven and friendly coworkers. CEO makes very poor management choices, not the right person to run a midsize to large business like this.
Pros
Once a month company wide lunch, great social comittee
Cons
Poor training on product sales and sales approaches. Terrible management.
Creative Industry
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2017
Love working for Voices.com. It's an awesome office space, best people, and really cool projects/work to be involved in. If you want to join a company that is growing, and will be an industry leader the time is now.
Pros
Free food, Parties to celebrate milestones, awesome clients and customers, employees are great
Cons
Not much
Focused, dedicated, and modern
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 February 2017
Voices.com is the new way to hire voice talent. The corporate vibe is fun yet professional. Working with the talent was a blast.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Strict quotas
Do not work here. Senior management is flying by the seat of their pants.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2016
They seem to have no idea what they are doing financially. After a big hiring push, they let several employees go after only 3 weeks along with some employees who have been there for over a year. A total of 19 employees. Having worked for a well-known company with a good salary for over 10 years and leaving that to start what I thought was going to be a new career at voices.com only to be let go due to "restructuring" is very, very poor form for a company that claims to be one of the best places to work in London Ontario. Considering that they just leased and are moving into a bigger space downtown, you'd think they would have more foresight into the the financial future of the company and would be able to keep and pay its employees.

Advice to Management:
Senior Management needs to have more foresight, considering that there was recently a big push for new hires at voices.com, only to come back and say that they are restructuring and need to let 1/3 of the employees go. For a company that's growing and seemingly doing well, the last thing you want is to have a reputation that you have no idea what you are doing from your current and former employees.
Pros
Pros Great corporate atmosphere, supportive team and coworkers.
Cons
Uneducated senior management with no financial foresight
Company promotes culture yet lacks direction
IT (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 May 2016
My review comes late but it looks like little has changed. I was a long time employee let go without cause 6 months after a return from mat leave. My position was not redundant, nor was my work in question, however it would seem management had some personal issues that caused my dismissal. I'd recommend Voices for anyone seeking experience or a career change however not for long term employment. Promotions didn't make sense and there was most definitely a difference in how different genders received recognition. The company has grown in size since I left but it would seem that management...leadership team, still has some growing to do.
Worst Employment I've Ever Had
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2016
Laid off due to a lack of funds, literally one week after we were given a lecture on how we had no reason to be scared about job security and that no one was at risk of losing their jobs.

Management had no idea what they're doing, no training was provided, and being in customer service while single and having no kids, I was automatically put on a late shift to accommodate everyone else's schedules while still being available to the Pacific time zone.

All in all, glad I was laid off. I dreaded going in everyday. No one knew what they were doing, and it seems to have gotten worse since I left.
Google type atmosphere, fun and interesting work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2015
Very fast paced and interesting work environment. Lots of diversity as far as daily tasks and assignments. Interesting clients with a vast degree of project scopes with lots of networking world wide.
Pros
Interesting daily tasks make this a fun job.
Cons
Extremely tight deadlines and sometimes long waits between projects.
Cool work environment, questionable management
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario14 June 2015
Working at Voices.com was something I was looking forward to - the office space was quite neat, there was no dress code and everyone was very nice. The job itself was pretty demoralizing but the culture made up for that. Business Development at Voices.com is a fancy word for cold calling - all day long. The difficulties in succeeding in a job like this are clear but management didn't give employees enough time to practise a process before it was on to the next. Too much change is never a good thing.

Since the company has grown so quickly, management is generally just the people with the most tenure in the company - with no management experience. The average manager age is probably lower than 28 years old.

The turnover at Voices.com was at a level higher than I thought possible. The door was constantly revolving - 15 hires a month and they could all be gone the next. I watched a lot of people who had left long-term employment to work at Voices be walked out within their first 60 days.

Promotions were common but in weird orders and seemingly as a result of favouritism.
Pros
Birthday lunches once a month, tea time on Thursdays, free "breakfast" on Monday mornings, open and bright office space, new furniture
Cons
lack of management experience, lack of management presence, only one person in charge of HR, the pay is very low, benefits are expensive
Awesome place to work at! The people and the environment offer a great experience!
Larry Myny Mentorship Program (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 March 2015
First impressions are the most important thing, that is what they always say before going into an interview! Over the past few months, I have been working with the Co-founder of Voices.com, who has been my mentor for the Larry Myny Mentorship Program through Fanshawe College. I have had phenomenal assistance at Voices.com in guiding me over the past few months. In order to practice my interview skills, I would be participating in a mock interview at Voices.com. Leading up to the mock interview, I was assisted went through common interview questions and given ways to best respond to more difficult questions. I was provided me with tips on the importance of being yourself in an interview, being honest, smiling and most importantly, to always show confidence in yourself.

The February 13th mock interview was an excellent experience. Before going into my interview, I was asked if I would like my jacket to be hung up or if I would like anything to drink. This showed me that Voices.com truly cares about its employees and emphasizes the importance of creating comfort for individuals visiting their organization. For my mock interview, I was applying to become Voices.com's "Brand Manager." Familiar and unfamiliar questions arose throughout my mock interview, which challenged me in a way that definitely will prepare me for success in future interviews.

Voices.com offered a welcoming and open environment throughout my mock interview. My interviewers offered to answer any questions I may have throughout my interview. They made me feel confident and satisfied by creating an exciting
  more... and engaging environment. There was laughing, smiling and a sense of passion for the success of Voices.com. Challenging questions were asked, regarding ways in which I can use my skills to create a positive atmosphere with the brand towards the consumers and employees. Questions like this, are vital in finding the right individual to manage an organization. Following the interview, I was provided with feedback, which will ultimately assist me with interviews I have in the future. To best describe the success of this mock interview process, I would state that first impressions are crucial to the success of an interview. Although it is important that the interviewee has a positive first impression with the interviewers, it is also important that the interviewee has a positive first impression with the other employees of the organization. Voices.com has passionate and encouraging employees, as well as an inspiring environment that many individuals would be happy to work in.

Thanks to Voices.com for their expert guidance, and a truly exciting interview that will assist me with my success in the future!
Pros
The amazing environment that Voices.com has!
Cons
Traffic to get to work
Best Place to work in London
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London Ontario19 August 2014
Voices.com is a local London company that provides employment to a growing number of people from London and the surrounding area.

The people here are wonderful to work with and for. It is a team environment where everyone is always willing and eager to help each other. One Team, One Dream!

There are many challenging situations that employees at Voices.com deal with, but with the support network they have in place and the applicability of the management team, it is an easy place to succeed.
Pros
Best people to work with and for in London
Interesting industry
Acct Mgr (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2014
Encouraging atmosphere.
Company has grown a lot since my time there. They are very ambitious and so far succeeding.