Voice Construction OPCO ULC

Voice Construction OPCO ULC Employee Reviews in Canada

Probably the best company I have ever worked for.
Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  HardistyAugust 12, 2016
Currently employed with Voice on a short-term project near Hardisty. I have to say that the management has created an atmosphere of very good cameraderie and everyone seems to really enjoy their time. I can't speak for other sites or other crews with Voice, but I am very impressed with this one, and have nothing but highest praise for them.

I would gladly work for them in the future.
Pros
Management shows that they actually care.
Cons
Not year-round work.
Dont go!!
Scraper operator (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, ABJuly 20, 2016
They 100% mico manage. Pay is not worth the bs. Management is awesome accept for the foreman. They hire people that dont know any thing and must have worked at toys-r-us in the tonka section before getting into a buggy. But none the less hardisty in a joke and the 10 - on - 4 off is bs too if it rains your screwed you still have four days off because of huskys schedule! Have fun paying their wages bugs!
revolving door
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Hired and laid off within 2 months.
They hired to many people for the project.
Half the time they didnt have enough work for the amount of people they had. Project was in fort saskatchewan,under road builders agreement.
Pay was awful ,33$ an hour for finish excavator operator.
Schedule was not bad 2 weeks on 1 off.
Except they would give you random days off mostly weekends when its time and a half or double time.
I saw this job as an opportunity to join the union but i got laid off when i was 50 hours away from having the minimum amount of hours to join. And i wasnt the only one they did the same thing to.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor job planning
Nice people, but not much room for advancement and no security
Office admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2015
Was laid off because of shortage of work. It was hard to advance there, departments were very close knit. My boss was excellent though and a pleasure to work for
I would not work for their superintendent
excavator operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 10, 2015
not a very good superintendent he takes running a tight ship to a whole new level , expect to earn less money than somewhere else then you wont be disappointed
very stressful environment if you take things personally
Pros
large corporation
Cons
might get a poor supervisor
not good
equipment operator driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 9, 2015
I have worked for Voice in 2009 as a labour, young foreman had his friends kids on equipment so they wouldn t get cold, even if they had no experience, and i with years of experience worked on shovel at -40.

In 2015 i have worked, at plains Midstream for a month!, first HR are in such rush to get you there that they forgot that they did hire you for day shift but you end up on night! and they got mad off because i didn t want to be on night shift! Union dispatch had to clarify that INDEED i was hired for day shift.
parking lot pick up 630 am bus is gone, if you get there a 630 with your car TOO BAD FOR YOU, but i witness the bus coming late multiple time ( i drove the van) but that was ok , they can be late but you CAN T!
the mentality on site is horrible!, Turn over is umbelievable, attitude is terrible Nazzy style, if excavator guy didn t load rock truck in 3 buckets at 30 sec per bucket..OUT, NEXT
we ve been told that we couldn t park rock truck to go to washroom but they wouldn t move the washroom where we could park the truck.
One dozer operator (old blonde woman) called me a "names" on radio! but no one did anything about it! She did so because i asked her to do a better job for us to be able to go around without getting stuck.
New site , new foreman and alot of turn over, so i guess they (people) in charge lol have to show off ... too bad they are doing in it for the wrong reasons , i use to like my job but i wont let any one insulting me just because they don t want to do their job and they are buddy buddy with management.
Pay rate sucked because we were under
  more... road builders, but voice does pay on time.  less
Pros
pay on time
Cons
lunch deducted
I have learnd to work in a productive and safe enviornment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Suncor SiteOctober 14, 2015
An enjoyable part of the job is working with a team that is fun and productive .Learning new task on a daily basis was challenging end enjoyable as I love learning new things .
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Long travel time
alright to work for
Utililty operator (Former Employee) –  albertaOctober 13, 2015
Really clichy place to work for. everyone is friends and most dont have a clue what they are doing. would never work for them again
Very knowledgeable crew and foremans.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Never had a problem working with any of the foremans. The supervisors and superintendants were really good to work with. The heavy equipment operators were also great to work with and were always making sure the areas were safe to work around them.
Pros
great hours and managable time off work
Cons
cant really say much
Past Labourer
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2015
Good company, had no complaints. I would return to this company in the future. Good oportunities for advancement if you work hard.
Very clicky
Equipment Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2015
The job was great learning experience,
However i found that this department and most departments within Voice was very "clicky" like high school... The management has there "favourite" and favour them the most which I find to be very pathetic in many different aspects.
Voice Construction
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abMay 28, 2015
I worked at voice for five years was a great company to work for i enjoyed it. I just decided to branch out and try new things, and go to school.
Productive and fun workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurrayMay 13, 2015
Work environment is good,young senior management and they cater well for the employees. I learned so much in 2 years working as project coordinator for Voice in Fort McMurray. Noting bad to say about the company at all.
Good experience
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 27, 2015
Highly motivated and safety first mentality, management staff firm but fair. Many oppertunities for advancement on several sites.
Very Safety Oriented company
Lead Hand/Ground worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
my typical day at work would begin with a safety meeting and then we would have our job scope for the day.
what I learned is that safety is number one on any job site to be a good brother's/sister/s keeper to work as a team and get the job done safely.
Management was great work scopes were organized treated workers with respect and again safety is number 1 it made for a productive incident free day.
the co worker were tight the upmost respect between workers made for a breeze of a working day again incident free in other words we work as a team.
the hardest part of the job is sometimes was waiting for permits JHA's and ground disturbance.
the job was very enjoyable the crew was like family the chemistry was very tight.
Pros
the food is great also camp was excelent
Cons
not enough hours
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2015
Great company and people to for with. Best part of the job location is being at home everyday. I've learned that loyalty does pay off.
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
not as many hours as a camp jobs
hard work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray albertaApril 12, 2015
it was long days hard work goood people for the most part we worked with ... we were alll friends... management was not the greatest but we all got treated fairly as long as we showed up and did our jobs .
Pros
camp
Cons
never home
review written down below
equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2015
voice construction is a company that does an excellent job,takes pride in doing the work in a safe well executed manner.that is why I enjoy working for them
Pros
we had a bbq on our last shift
Cons
weather would shut down the job
Always happy to get to work in the morning
Integration Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McMurray, AlbertaMarch 5, 2015
The day kicks off with a safety meeting. Review any unfinished business from yesterday. Prepare for client meeting. Follow up with client meeting requirements and reports. Site inspections. Report on progress and quality assurance. Sun-contractor meeting / coordinating, review plans. Provide support as required.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
driving highway 63 not always the best
safety minded comfortable work enviroment
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 26, 2015
Worked for them for over 2.5 years on several sites. Good foreman and superintendents HR staff always helpful and friendly.

2.8