Voice Construction OPCO ULC

Voice Construction OPCO ULC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Abusive, Poorly organized and managed
Foreman/N.C.S.O. (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AB Fort HillsAugust 3, 2014
Pros: union pay and benefits
Cons: abusive, poorly managed, political and very clicky.
Great atmosphere at the main office. Then once in the field…brutal!!! I was a foreman for this company. Very difficult to motivate employees to work when the micro managing superintendent abuses everyone and everything. Its like working in 1920. No meetings, no direction. Voice was hated by suncor and other trades. This company was trying to do a union – more... bust so I won't even begin to describe the employee abuses that were going on. Multi million dollar site and we constantly had to beg and borrow from other trades. Worst company I have ever worked for. Then if that's not bad enough about 15hrs before you are eligible to join the union they lay you off. The turnover in this company is completely unreal. – less
Long days, hard work,good people, good pay
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: only buddies of supervision get promotions reguardless of experience
I have worked for Voice off and on over the last few years as an equipment operator. They have usually treated me well and often hired me back when work was available. The only issues I have really seen is that if you are a non-white or a woman, your chances of being trained on different pieces of equipment or moving up into management are slim to none. – more... This company is still very archaic in their thinking and methods.
Great company to work for, just don’t expect to move up unless you’re part of the old boys club. – less
Voice Construction
First Year Apprentice HD Mechanic (Former Employee), Edmonton albertaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: long hours and having fun
Cons: wasnt that safe work place.
I would start off doing oil changes in the lube bay and help other mechanics in the shop as well. i would wash equipment before servicing was to be done on them. would clean out cabs of equipment when needed to. organizer the equipment outside.
woud help the welder and do a bit of welding. remove engines trannys anything to do with getting dirty i was – more... in there. – less
Amazing company
General Laborer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 1, 2014
Pros: fast paced, constant change, chance to travel
Cons: really hot during the summer and not being able to wear shorts and t-shirts
I loved working for them. it was fast paced and there was always fun even though we had to make sure we were still doing our job.
Learned lots worked hard then got screwed!
Laborer (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 22, 2014
Spent a year and a half without being written up or disciplined, had an excellent working relationship with many of the employees. Really enjoyed working for the company for 98% of the time. Then Whammo!!! we are letting you go! Very Shocking and confusing.
Grades man and skill labourer
man and skill labourer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2014
- Tank Pad final grade experience, level earth to fine grade specifications and check slopes for conformance to requirements using levels or lasers. Grade and level trench bases by Topcon lasers use of tamping machines and hand tools, Cover pipes with sand or other materials such clay. Work on building new sites, roads, pipe lines in order to support – more... and assist skilled people, load and unload building materials and move materials towards working areas. Level earth by means of rakes and shovels, remove debris and trash at construction sites by means of wheelbarrows and other equipment and manage traffic at or near construction sites. – less
Good Company
Laborer (Former Employee), Edmonton CanadaMarch 25, 2014
Well established company that has created a good culture and work environment.
No Job Security
General Labor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: no job security
i worked here for 2 days and got let go for no reason i was a very hard worker and liked what i was doing but one supervisor told me i needed more experience with this field.
Voice Construction
Uncertified labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2014
10 hour days.
Learned how to run a packer 1000.
management wasnt too bad.
Everyone was good to work with.
Hardest part of the job was the weather.
The best part of the job was working with everyone because they always had a smile on.
enjoyed it
General labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2014
double times on Sunday. was steady for work.
lots of things to lean.. lots of equipment. lots of advancements and people where really good to get along with
job security
labour (Former Employee), edmontonDecember 13, 2013
don't work for this company they going to dismiss you for no reason no job security
Rewarding experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2013
My day's were busy and challenging, i enjoyed the people i worked with.
excellent place to work
fuel/lube operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2013
Pros: camp provided
Good pay,good bosses,good schedule,nice camp accomadations
Fun Time, But Seasonal Work
Industrial Construction Laborer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2013
Best mid-management of any company I've worked for. Everyone communicated and worked together to ensure a safe, productive work environment.
Great Place To Work
HR Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2013
• Answered calls, handled enquirers
• Recruitment / Interviews
• Sourcing resumes by Advertisement, reference, Job Posts
• Data entry
• Accommodation Coordinator
surmont 2, general super-intendent has "little man syndrome"
foreman (Former Employee), ft, mac surmont 2July 7, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, nice camp
Cons: horrible moral, strict rules not found on other sites
I was foreman at this site , The general super-intendent is a screamer and a control freak... He has lots of rules that are only on that site, not on all Voice sites, not sure why Edmonton head office allows him to run site this way. According to him , its because he makes them lots of money..
I did the right thing and gave 2 weeks notice I was leaving – more... the company. n General Super-intendant called me in the office and told me he didn't want 2 week notice, and that I was done immediately, ave me bus ticket to Edmonton. No integrity or ethics
I agree with previous review,,, very high turnover rate , always looking over your shoulder.
Fellow foreman and operators, laborers, were good to work with.
Horrible moral because of way the site is run.. – less
the blind leadng the blind
Finishing Hoe / Utility Operator (Former Employee), surmont IIJune 4, 2014
false promises , inept management , ridiculous turn over rate ,
gongshow
Genereal Labourer (Former Employee), Surmont 2April 28, 2014
they give you no instruction no body tells you whats going on and there management is a joke plus all they don't get any work done.
Environement de travail agréable
Opérateur d'engins lourds (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2014
Travail different à chaque jours
Travail d'équipe
Connaissance du laser et GPS

About Voice Construction OPCO ULC

Voice Construction is a privately owned civil construction firm specializing in heavy industrial site preparation and related – Read more

Voice Construction OPCO ULC Photos