VMware Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Great Company to work for.
Interactive Multimedia Presentation Designer (Former Employee), Burlington, OntarioJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours, work from home, catered meals, snacks, free drinks/coffee, foosball, pinball, arcades
I was sad to be laid off from VMware, and not just for the lack of job reason. I loved working for them.

I have never had managers so involved in a positive way, wanting to know what they could do to help make my life easier and finding the right strings to get the technical people to respond to me.

My team in the Burlington office was very close, going out for lunches and eating together, and helping each other out even if it wasn't necessarily our job to do so.

The hardest part was really just scheduling meetings, when you had team members in California, Colorado, Burlington, Ireland, and India it was really hard to find a time slot that worked for everyone.

I really enjoyed having flexible hours, and the ability to work from home. When winter hit really bad I didn't have to worry about traffic. There was also weekly catered meals, and bagel/pastry day where breakfast was brought in. And free coffee, soda, juice, an espresso machine with all the syrups, snacks and fruit and vegetables. I have them to partially blame for my waistline.
VMware Inc
System Operations Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 29, 2014
Very fast paced place
I have learned here all I know about VMware products.
Very professional management.
Nice team with many professionals.
Good benefits and nice work environment
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), BurnlingtonJuly 27, 2014
Pros: good place to start your career. chance to grow and learn about cutting edge technologies.
Cons: low salaries compared to the work load
Great company to start in,
Great benefits and great management staff
Great work environment, good place to start an IT career
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), CanadaMay 6, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment.
Cons: on a busy day it can feel a bit like a sweatshop, limited opportunities for gaining skills outside support.
Overall VMware is an excellent employer, with great work environment. For the most part it's well managed. It's an interesting place to learn about virtualization and how a datacenter is managed. Maybe not so much for someone with a lot of hands-on experience or who wants to work directly with provisioning IT services to end users.
Great working environment with very supportive management
Technical Support Engineer (Storage/Fault) (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 29, 2014
Productive and relaxed work ethics.
Great team.
Free breakfast
rotating shifts
phone call queue for support calls
Great culture, benefits and decent salary
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Burlington, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: catered lunches, company events, great benefits
Cons: career opportunities are limited at local sites
Overall great company in terms of compensation and benefits as well as culture and people. Slow advancement within the centre and work load increased year after year
Amazing people and lively environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: feast, snack area.
Cons: distance
Day starts with checking mails to replying to people at different locations.
I sit with technical engineers to gather data and their feedback oon the prototype I am working on.
Meetings and day is over with continuous communication with my manager.
Great company to work for.
Technical Support/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches, benefits, flexibility.
Cons: sometimes a lot of sitting.
I loved working for this company. Had a very positive environment overall. Managers were great, and the company had a very dynamic environment, which greatly effected employee behavior into adapting new changes at a higher rate. Co-workers were very helpful.
Great Place to Work
Change Readiness & Training Lead (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free drinks and food!
Cons: lots of travel!
VMware is awesome! Its a great culture to be a part of!

Great Place to Work!
Consumer Desktop Support (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 1, 2013
Pros: weekly free lunches. free snacks and drinks
Cons: likely to be laid off within the next 2 years.
VMware was a great place to work and I envisioned working there for many years to come. Unfortunately after some company changes a lot of jobs were sold off. Job security with this company is at an all time low with more centers being built overseas.
Lovely place to learn and grow your career
Candidate Development Recruiter (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 5, 2013
I was very happy with my time at VMware and would recommend the company to fellow job seekers. Management was always there for support and guidance, and proved to be excellent mentors. The work environment was enjoyable - fun and laid back, but work was the priority. Their on-boarding process allowed me to really get a strong understanding for the position and I always felt encouraged to ask questions. Top notch employers!
Job is tough, but many good perks
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 16, 2012
Pros: free juice/pop/chocolate milk, weekly food/snacks, day 1 benefits, free training
Cons: call centre
Call centre type job where you are working with System Admins who are having issues.
- On the phone for most of the day which never leaves enough time for research on your current issues
+ Plenty of resources to help you do your work. Co-workers are great and full of character
+ Management good as well, want you to excel and grow with company.
+ They know work is hard, so they have xbox, ps3, ping pong table and foosball table, to relieve stress.
+ free drinks/pop/snacks to keep people happy
+ Treated to catered food every week
+ free training
VMware Summary
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches, team outings, benefits, entertainment (video games and foosball table)
Cons: office location
An ever rapidly growing company still hiring people around the globe.

That said, we are all usually very busy with customers and tasks.

There are lots of learning opportunities and exciting products.

Managers are a big question mark as I have had bad and great managers, so I guess management is okay as far as average is concerned.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the phones and the most enjoyable is to be able to learn and cooperate with teams around the globe.
productive environment
Sr. Software Engineer III (Former Employee), Colorado springsJanuary 26, 2015
excellent work environment
excellent transparency
high end coding
Marketing (Current Employee), USJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits, compensation is good
Cons: unstable leaders
VMware is a innovator of technology with much potential for their products. However, they struggle with a small company turned into a Global entity that lacks stability in execution, management turn-over/political climate and mediocre employee morale.
Excellent Culture
Sr. Recruiter- Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales) (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 21, 2015
VMware was an excellent place to work. I really enjoyed the people and the culture.
Working for the Leader in Cloud Technologies
University Recruiter (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance, amazing benefits
Cons: headquarters has amazing perks, but remote locations are often left behind
VMware is a really great place to work. The people are amazing and the relationships established are fantastic. There are lots of challenges, but not unwarranted for a company growing as rapidly as VMware is.
Good culture and work life balance.
Intern End User Computing, Enterprise desktop (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good management, good culture, work life balance, free food, good view
Had projects to complete and had one to one with managers weekly
Managers and co-workers were helpful.
Learned about the corporate culture
Hardest part of job, did not have senior developer to talk or consult with about any problems was on my own
I enjoyed everything at VMware culture, co-workers, free food, pingpong.
Start up culture in a big company
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2014
VMware is interesting in that they are a big company that sees themselves as a scrappy start up. VMware has a very traditional sales culture and you will typically find yourself working late nights and weekends.
Good work/life balance
Summer Associate - Strategic Program Management (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CADecember 18, 2014
Innovative tech company
Good work/life balance
Great area for high tech industry
Lots of opportunities

1 2 3 4 5

About VMware

VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A – Read more