VMware Employee Review

VMware Summary
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 October 2012
An ever rapidly growing company still hiring people around the globe.

That said, we are all usually very busy with customers and tasks.

There are lots of learning opportunities and exciting products.

Managers are a big question mark as I have had bad and great managers, so I guess management is okay as far as average is concerned.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the phones and the most enjoyable is to be able to learn and cooperate with teams around the globe.
Pros
free lunches, team outings, benefits, entertainment (video games and foosball table)
Cons
office location

Other VMware Employee Reviews

vmware review
Support Engineer for ESX (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 May 2017
- i was an escalation engineer. Many calls dealing with challenges that customers had for Vmware products. Never a dull moment
- i learned about about VMware products ; esx ; capacity planner ; vmware converter ; vmware storage issues ; Vmware networking issues
- culture : i was in canada office. It was interesting and fairly easy going. We worked hard and did alot of team events
- I left Vmware to pursue to Linux career. VMware Canada has since closed its doors .
Pros
free training free food
Cons
the turn over was bad.. people came and went
Great Company
Senior Mission Critical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 March 2017
A great company to work for. Excellent peers. Excellent Opportunity.

As with many American companies in Canada some differences in management practices between east cost and west coast cultures could be standardized.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Bought by Dell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VMware. Our community is ready to answer.

VMware Reviews by Location