VMware Employee Review

Job is tough, but many good perks
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 November 2012
Call centre type job where you are working with System Admins who are having issues.
- On the phone for most of the day which never leaves enough time for research on your current issues
+ Plenty of resources to help you do your work. Co-workers are great and full of character
+ Management good as well, want you to excel and grow with company.
+ They know work is hard, so they have xbox, ps3, ping pong table and foosball table, to relieve stress.
+ free drinks/pop/snacks to keep people happy
+ Treated to catered food every week
+ free training
Pros
free juice/pop/chocolate milk, weekly food/snacks, day 1 benefits, free training
Cons
call centre

Other VMware Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Solution Architect: Scrum Master and Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 January 2018
VMware has great benefits, compensation, and work/life balance. My working experience at VMware was heavily dependent on my manager, but I was lucky enough to have great managers.Changing careers outside of headquarters is possible, but the variety of roles are limited.
vmware review
Support Engineer for ESX (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 May 2017
- i was an escalation engineer. Many calls dealing with challenges that customers had for Vmware products. Never a dull moment
- i learned about about VMware products ; esx ; capacity planner ; vmware converter ; vmware storage issues ; Vmware networking issues
- culture : i was in canada office. It was interesting and fairly easy going. We worked hard and did alot of team events
- I left Vmware to pursue to Linux career. VMware Canada has since closed its doors .
Pros
free training free food
Cons
the turn over was bad.. people came and went

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VMware. Our community is ready to answer.