Vivint

Vivint Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing tolerance with angry customers
Man this is by far the best job I have ever worked in my life besides serving my country.

Vivint is on the cutting edge of everything in success, from the upper management to the lowest level employee everyone is infected with success and making a difference.

To be able to work from home, have all supplies shipped to my address, to be self dispatched, – more... and then still able to have a steady pay check plus commissions you can't ask for much more.

There is nothing pretend about this company and what they do!!!!!!!

Vivint4Life – less
Not the best call center
Account Creation/Data Entry (Former Employee), Lindon, UTJune 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch every 8 hours you worked
Cons: short breaks, boring, no friendships
Not flexible for school at all. No chance for extra hours, you have to work only 6 hours or only 8 hours. Management was not helpful at all and were very slow with getting to you. No raises or advancement at all. Recently changed their browser system right before the busy summer season making the busy time harder and more stressful.
Toughest job you'll have, worth it though.
Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Las Cruces, New MexicoJune 12, 2014
Pros: great company culture, management, constant competitions, pay
Cons: this is your summer, knocking all day by yourself, no one likes door to door sales guys, if you leave early you don't get paid
Working a door to door sale job is something I suggest every business/sales professional do at least once. It's hard work. You learn a lot about sales and a lot about yourself as you're out knocking on doors in the heat of Summer. Vivint is as good a company as any to get out there and sell with. Daily sales meetings in the mornings and then knocking – more... doors until dark. Constant competitions for everything from lunch to week long cruises. You sign a contract at the beginning of the Summer stating that you'll stay until August or you forfeit your backend check (roughly 50% of your Summers earnings). Selling 5 year security contracts isn't easy, but you are compensated well for it when you're able to pull it off. – less
Great environment with numerous benefits, including free lunches
Scheduling Professional (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 12, 2014
During a typical day at work, I would be contacting field service technicians to have sent to customers' homes to install home security systems or make repairs to pieces of equipment to already existing systems. The majority of the co-workers were upbeat and the ambient was very enjoyable. In some departments, especially strict policies were upheld – more... with little consideration for personal/life complications. Otherwise a great place to work – less
Work from home
Regional Field Service Manager (Current Employee), Work from my home officeJune 11, 2014
Pros: regional manager get free fleet vehicle i pay the tax on the value
Cons: work all the time on call 24-7
Vivint (Residential Security and Home Automation)
My primary responsibility is to take care of Vivint customers, in the field or on the phone. I manage the day to day operation and manage the schedule of 30 – 50 field service technicians.

I hold a formal coaching session once a week with each of my Field Service Managers.

In each of my coaching sessions:
 – more... Prepare in advance
• Give constructive feedback to correct any attitude or performance issues.
• Set attainable goals and hold my technicians accountable for their progress.
• Review recent performance to discuss areas in which my technicians can improve.

I hold 30-minute to 1 hour weekly team meetings (Conference Calls) to update my Technicians on company, department news, information, technical and sales training. – less
Best of the Worst
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 10, 2014
Pros: great lunchroom with free drinks and fruit, clear reference/support materials, optimistic environment
Cons: delayed access to benefits
Call center jobs have a (deserved) reputation for being awful jobs. Vivint sucks less. While still a call center, thought and care has been put into the software used, the reference materials, the break rooms, and the culture.
Too big too fast
Vivint Order Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Spanish Fork, UTJune 8, 2014
Pros: don't work weekends
Cons: programs are not fully tested before they are implemented
Changes of the company are going too quick to be support by the demands that are required to function.
A fun growing environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: absolutely amazing company
Cons: tiring to the newcomers.
Vivint is definitely one of the largest and best home automation and security companies as it stands, the sales jobs, however, are best for people who are great with scheduling appointments and giving that affirmative eye to make consumers really want their product.

While I am good with talking to people, the idea of waking up in the morning and feeling – more... as if I should be up and digging through references for people to show home demos to is tiring, and I'd rather have job where I can go and work, talk with people happily, work my hardest, and go home to have down time. – less
Not worth the stress
Technician (Former Employee), Williston, NDMay 31, 2014
Cons: long hours, no compensation for additional required tasks
Work ranges from 8am to 1am sometimes. Sales reps will push through installations lying to customers and saying the company requires same day installs. Most customers don't want installers there that late and you will be blamed if it doesn't get put in.

Equipment uses a point system costing $30 per point and anything not approved by the rep gets charged – more... to the installer who only makes $60 per job whereas the sales person makes $500-800 per sale.

Company consistently takes the sales persons side of any dispute anyone who they don't like gets sent home. Even lead technicians have no power compared to sales people. Technicians are required to drive their own vehicle across the country with and are given .10 per mile in compensation and no compensation at all for driving to and from jobs which are up to 40 miles away. Company puts you up in hotels usually 3-4 to a room so people have to sleep two to a bed or on couches, which they charge you per week.

Any additional services like if a customer breaks something or changes out a door, you have to go back to their house and fix it and you wont be paid to do it.

Don't trust any review written by sales people as this company is highly into favoritism and 90% of sales people are from the Provo area and hired by family and friends and a Mormon.

The pay isn't worth having to relocate across the country, first year technicians will make about 15k don't let anyone convince you its more and there are no benefits or 401k at all for technicians only management and sales persons. – less
Great job and opportunity..for a single person
Outside Sales Representative - Door to Door (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 29, 2014
Pros: great pay..if you stick with it
Cons: intense travel..every year.
The pay is good if you're a good outside sales/door to door salesman. Not a great work/life balance if you have a family. You must leave for the entire summer; every summer. Co-workers are typically pretty awesome. You do get to work outside, management is awesome and supportive.
Do not work here!
Account Creation (Former Employee), Provo, UTMay 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits (if you qualify) and friendly people to work with.
Cons: training sucks, you have to work 8 hours a day to get free food, you have to work every saturday, and they lie to you.
When I first started training they told us all about the perks and benefits. I thought this going to be a great place to work! No. First off, the training sucks. They go really fast and they just rush through it. Second, they lie to you. I told them I wanted full time 40 hours a week and they said okay. They told me I can only work 32 hours a week. – more... In order to get free meals you have to work 8 hours a day. Not to mention you have to work EVERY Saturday. Really? Come on. That's so stupid. No one they need a lot of people hiring because everyone hates working there and they leave. They're not "growing" people just hate working there because they suck.

The only good thing about Vivint is the people. They people I worked with were funny and friendly. That's about it. Think real hard before you decide to work there! – less
Great Company Culture
Central US Field Service Analyst (Current Employee), Provo, UtMay 13, 2014
The company is great and the Culture is very attractive. They have a number of excellent benefits but the health Benefits are lacking. I loved working until a few management changes happened and no longer felt like anyone had job security.
Poor Choice As An Employer
Senior Security Specialist (Current Employee), Liberty Lake, WashingtonMay 6, 2014
Pros: monday thru friday work week
Cons: compensation, management, poor insurance, poor sales model
Your typical day here is consumed by empty promises, favoritism, lack of product training, unethical sales practices and truly incompetent management, not to mention the worst compensation in the industry. Albeit, the sales training is good (simply adopted and/or regurgitated sales tactics and theories found in popular sales books, internet videos etc.) – more... However, the young and tunnel-vision management does not have the necessary life experience(s) to run an organization on a human level. In other words, managing people is NOT their forte.
Prepare to be an expendable 'phone drone' who 'dials for dollars' all day. The install team is beyond incompetent compared to larger, more efficient and well know operations. This is very important, because you do not get paid until the install from your sale is complete. (Your sale to install ratio will be approx. 2/1 - or 50%).
I'd steer clear of this option for employment, in any department. – less
A place to help you develop as a salesman.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: high earning potential
Cons: its door to door 8-9 hours a day.
A typical work day in the life a a Vivint salesman... knock knock knock and knock some more! Selling for Vivint isn't for the faint of heart. Its hard work with lots of reward. I learned from my experience with Vivint that I am capable of so much more than minimum wage at a 9-5 job. Management teaches you how to succeed. The hardest part of this job – more... was all the jerks who would yell at you on the doors. Like I said this isn't for the faint of heart. – less
Fun but challenging
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 23, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: living in hotels for 3 months, only 1 day off per week
Typical day for us was from 1 in the afternoon until about 11 at night. It was hard work, but I loved it. The tech team I worked with were all friends of mine so it made it easier.
The hardest part of the job is having to live in hotels all summer, and only having one day off a week.
The pay also made it worth it for me. Ive never made as much money – more... as I did last summer. Especially if you hit your goal for the summer. – less
Fun Place to Work
Monitor (Current Employee), Provo, UTApril 21, 2014
The work environment is amazing. Work in a department that we are literally saving peoples lives.
Sitting in your cubical
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: sitting and talking on phones all day
If sitting in a cubical is something you enjoy then this job is for you! You can make great money there and great benefits.
Vivint: A great place to work...?
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Provo, UTMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great products, wonderful company culture and fun atmosphere
Cons: compensation not in line with what recruiter said, poor management training, expensive health insurance.
While they have a wonderful company culture and benefits such as free lunch and onsite clinic, health benefits are ridiculously expensive, management is poorly trained, management opportunities are few and far between with the only opportunities coming very infrequently. Also, and maybe more importantly, I was deceived as to the amount of compensation – more... I could expect two times by their recruiters.

When first being hired I was told I would have the opportunity to make upwards of 80 to 100k a year, commensurate with past sales positions I've held. What they did NOT tell me was that it would be after months and months of essentially working for $8.00 an hour, and even then, there were only a few people making that amount and the opportunity to rise to that level was years away.

When transferring to their customer service department, I was told there were a lot of opportunities to rise to management because they were in a growth phase, and also you could make up to $14.00 an hour even as a phone agent. What I was not told by the recruiter is that the management positions were all low level team lead or supervisor positions. Management was very hard to reach and took years to reach, which is fine for someone coming out of college but a bad fit for someone my age who has over a decade of management experience in call center alone, 20 years management experience total.

Vivint overall was a bad fit for me, something the recruiters should have known in looking at my resume and seeing my past positions as call center and sales management. Seems like they were so busy looking to put butts in the seats they didn't take time to look at individuals and take their needs into account. – less
Good Company
Senior Security Specialist (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, healthcare
Cons: inept management, two-faced company
Vivint can't seem to figure out quite what they want to be, nor what they want their associates to be. They are very hush-hush about their business decisions, and make sweeping changes without relaying any of the information to their employees. This causes unrest and people to feel generally nervous about their employment -- even if they're doing a – more... fine job.

The technical product that Vivint sells is spectacular, but their back end does not illicit trust. – less
Great people who work hard and have a good outlook on life
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTMarch 10, 2014
• Knocking door to door in various suburbs selling home automation systems to a diverse groups of people

• I learned hard work and perseverance

• The managers as well other employees are very helpful and engaging

• The hardest part of the job: No hourly pay, all commission, rejection at the door step, the weather

• The best part of the job: Hanging – more... out with other co-workers, the in-depth training provided, and the challenge of the job – less

Vivint Photos