Vivint Employee Reviews

sales management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 April 2014
i learned how to manage sales meantime i learned new ways as a sales representative for managing sales.
An energetic, motivational, and powerful environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2014
A typical day at work consisted of an hour meeting every morning just before we head on out to our areas for the day.

The meeting comprised of motivational talks, factors, sales processes, and sales pitch perfection.

throughout the 8-hour day, we'd cover our designated areas and expect to reach at least 4-5 blocks worth of homes. We'd re-visit those homes at least 2 times over.

The team was unlike any other team I've ever worked for. I wouldn't consider the people I work with co-workers; they were family to me.
Great place for students, table tennis, pool table, and a fridge packed with food and drinks
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Winnepeg13 July 2013
Typical day at work starts out with a training meeting.Then on to the doors for the afternoon and evening.
I learned how to communicate well with customers.
Management was amazing. They focus all their efforts into helping you become successful.
We work as a team and it builds great moral in the work place.
The hardest part of the job is the mental battles that you have to fight every day as you have to overcome all the no's from the customer and find the yes's.
The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the meetings. We have a lot of fun and games to boost the moral and keep things light.
Pros
Great training, fun environment to work in everyday
Cons
You really only get Sunday off. You will work most holidays aswell
Productive, fun, team-oriented workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2012
At Vivint I went door to door speaking with cold contacts. Through our daily meetings, practice, and reading I learned how to make that process much easier for myself. Unfortunately my managers also shared the same position of door to door sales and therefore had a tough time giving us the proper resources to succeed because it's less for them. This severely effected my experience. This job was the most difficult job I have ever taken and constantly tested my will power. I was responsible for ten hours of knocking a day, as well as three textbooks approximately 200 pages in length to be completely during knocking season. Since this job was paid purely with commission there was no stopping. On the postive side, I worked in an office of 31 people that all shared the same tasks as me and the amount of teamwork and support within the office was outstanding.
Pros
great performance bonuses, social environment, dedicated peers
Cons
non-stop (when not working, i was preparing), cold contacts
very fun to work with them
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 October 2012
go to work whenever and leave whenever good pay you make good friends, and lots of food.
Pros
free food
Cons
kind of low wage
Terrible Company to work for
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 July 2012
I really enjoyed my duties as an installation technician, but the hours and pay were terrible. Management expected far too much from their employees and the workplace was dominated by office politics in which technicians were not valued as they should be. Overall, I would not recommend this company to anyone as an employer.