Vivint

Vivint Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent team environment, good incentives, no benefits
Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2014
Pros: good team ethic
Cons: 6 day work week, long hours, people are horrible
At 2pm you start knocking, and you go until around 10pm. You're dropped off alone in your area, rain or shine, to sell.

I learned a lot about self discipline, self motivation, and using time to your advantage. Nothing about talking to people scares me any more, after the brow beating you took on the average day.

Everyone on the team is supportive – more... and wants to see you succeed, the daily meetings kept track of everyone's progress, and offered feedback and tips for the coming day's work. Management always had your back and would help however they could.

The hardest part of the job was definitely seeing days or weeks pass in which you would not make a single sale, or get into a single house. People can be really rude, and the rejection is always hard.

The best parts of the job were the team building activities and incentives, like go karting or ping pong tournaments. The team had a huge sense of cameraderie, which made the days go by a lot easier. – less
sales management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 18, 2014
i learned how to manage sales meantime i learned new ways as a sales representative for managing sales.
An energetic, motivational, and powerful environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of an hour meeting every morning just before we head on out to our areas for the day.

The meeting comprised of motivational talks, factors, sales processes, and sales pitch perfection.

throughout the 8-hour day, we'd cover our designated areas and expect to reach at least 4-5 blocks worth of homes. We'd re-visit those – more... homes at least 2 times over.

The team was unlike any other team I've ever worked for. I wouldn't consider the people I work with co-workers; they were family to me. – less
very fun to work with them
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 26, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: kind of low wage
go to work whenever and leave whenever good pay you make good friends, and lots of food.
Wonderful culture with amazing pay
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 25, 2014
I love vivint! It is an amazing company that treats each employee like gold
worst ever
apprentice electrician (Former Employee), frederick, maylandSeptember 24, 2014
Cons: shady sales tactics, terrible management, incompetent hr, long days, your own equipmen
Hired on as an apptentince electrician. Never received proper training, terrible management with a very cliquey office. If you don't fit the grunt worker high school mode you probably won't fit in with them. Was promised piece work (the only way to really make money) after 2 weeks of "training". After 1 Month never got out. Asked why and told that I – more... needed to start from the bottom and work my way to piece work. This was never discussed during the interview or on boarding.

If I was on piece work then I wouldn't get paid until installation was complete, which can take 2 to 3 days on average. – less
Fun work environment
Compliance Inspector, New Mexico (Former Employee), New MexicoSeptember 22, 2014
Most of the people that work for this company are very friendly and fun to work with.
Monitoring Rep (Former Employee), South Saint Paul, MNSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: you're sitting down for 8 to 10 hours, and lunch is paid.
Cons: manager, and supervisors are micro-manage. there are unreasonable rules and regulations.
Vivint has a South Saint Paul monitoring branch. Managers and supervisors there like to micromanage. When I mean micromanage, I mean they like to keep track of your daily activities when you're on your phone and off. They also like to penalize/fire people for unreasonable situations. They do not care about your life and your priorities outside of work – more... at all. If you cannot make their meetings or come to work because of school, family, or even if an urgent situation came up, you're penalized. Most of the meetings aren't all that important either.... They do not care about you, they care about their stats. The better the stats, the more pay that the manager and supervisors will receive. There is a high turn over rate here because they do not care about their employees or to keep the employees who provide superb customer service, and that's a BIG flaw to this branch of the company. I would not recommend this place to anyone. – less
Great compensation
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 17, 2014
They pay well but it is hard to move up. Great management and leadership is in place. Continual training and improvement. Having to relocate each summer is difficult.
This is a place that allows you to be able to be relaxed but still work hard.
Licensing Administrator (Current Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
Job mainly answering emails, phone calls from reps and techs, and processing their applications.
Not worth your time
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: commission pay, training is rough
Basically, they look for young, unemployed, eager, naive adults and try to make them think this job is gonna make you all sorts of money. They weren't clear during the interview how the job was gonna be. It IS a commission based job. I was fine with that, but what I did not know is they don't help you find customers starting out. They basically tell – more... you to call friends and family and try to convince them to set up an appointment, then if they agree, you give them a sales pitch. They also tell you to tell the customer that they're special, and the company pays for the system, but they can't tell anyone else, then everyone will want a free system. Well, guess what? EVERYONE gets a free system. So they tell you to lie to customers.

I went through the training. Three days of sitting in a cold room for eight hours listening to them try to convince you that they really don't care about the money and staring at walls so bright orange it hurts your eyes. You also get maybe one ten minute break, and forget about lunch. The chairs are super uncomfortable and the managers are rather rude. They tell you to call if you need help, and if you call and say, for instance, you don't know a lot of homeowners, they tell you to call friends, and then ask for their parent's phone number, and call them. There was one other employee I spoke to who even gladly harassed a family member over the phone for an appointment, despite the family member being confused and really annoyed. I was shocked. I'd never harass family members, even for a job.

Bottom line, there's better jobs out there. – less
cheap micromanagers
FSP (Former Employee), WVSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: vehicle gas card and uniforms
Cons: management workload
a typical workday in the field at vivint is micromanaged by your FSM and policies and procedures are not communicated. and you get written up for every little thing. The management is shady and has their own agendas. dealing with management. enjoyable to work with customers.
Fun and Exciting Workplace
Field Service Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxSeptember 3, 2014
This is a fun environment in a fast paced position. I enjoy the people I work with and love taking care of customers in providing them with their security needs. I've learned alot in the time I have had working with the company.
Good job
Customer Marketing (Former Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: slow periods
Cons: slow periods
Good work, life balance. It can be high demand and stressful as most jobs are. If you were willing to work hard you can make it far
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fun & enjoyable
A typical day at work is busy almost 24/7
What you learned I how to build my soft skills as well as my confidence. Along with knowing the product knowledge and speaking face to face with customers. Also know what to do if a concern comes up as well.
micromanagement...unsuitable work environment...not flexible
monitoring specialist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: everything else
Leads treat the reps. Like children. Forces people to sit where they are uncomfortable. Vacation and pto usage always gets deny.all about the leads and management...
Everyday is different
Service tech (Current Employee), MDAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free time driving to customers homes
Cons: communication
A typical day at work I drive company vehicle to and from customers homes to install security or home automation systems. I learned everything from how to install systems and keep track of mileage and inventory. Management is ok there is a lot of miscommunication. Co-workers are great we don't really work together except through training then once your – more... done that your more on your own but it is a very team driven effort we help each other out. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers feel safe and enjoy there homes more. – less
It was challenging work.
customer service (Former Employee), Provo, UtAugust 23, 2014
My experience there was for me a character builder when it came to understand what it means to have job. Things were difficult to go through at first. my department was in charge of waiting for costumers to call us concerning issues they would have with there systems. That part was a satisfying challenge to accomplish, but receiving help, or to even – more... feel like a team player was not well extended to me by some of my supervisors.
When it came to the point of me being let go from the job, it felt abrupt and without warning, that reflects to me as lack of professional decency. – less
Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Provo, UTAugust 23, 2014
Pros: insurance, meals, doctors office, gym
Cons: the security system was hard to understand
I would come in and find a desk and log on to everything and clock in. Then i would wait for a call to come in and i would help with whatever they needed help with. I learned that it was not a easy job and that it was not the job for me. Everybody was very enjoyable, nice and friendly. The hardest part about the job was that when they needed to troubleshoot – more... I was not able to help out as much as I could have because I could not understand the system. The most enjoyable part about the job was that everyone was nice so when I had a lot of questions they were nice and would help me out. – less
Fun, adventure
Summer Sales Rep (Former Employee), boise idahoAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: door to door management
Vivint is a great company to work for as far as the inside corp offices.

1 2 3 4 5