Vivint

Vivint Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent team environment, good incentives, no benefits
Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2014
Pros: good team ethic
Cons: 6 day work week, long hours, people are horrible
At 2pm you start knocking, and you go until around 10pm. You're dropped off alone in your area, rain or shine, to sell.

I learned a lot about self discipline, self motivation, and using time to your advantage. Nothing about talking to people scares me any more, after the brow beating you took on the average day.

Everyone on the team is supportive and wants to see you succeed, the daily meetings kept track of everyone's progress, and offered feedback and tips for the coming day's work. Management always had your back and would help however they could.

The hardest part of the job was definitely seeing days or weeks pass in which you would not make a single sale, or get into a single house. People can be really rude, and the rejection is always hard.

The best parts of the job were the team building activities and incentives, like go karting or ping pong tournaments. The team had a huge sense of cameraderie, which made the days go by a lot easier.
sales management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 18, 2014
i learned how to manage sales meantime i learned new ways as a sales representative for managing sales.
An energetic, motivational, and powerful environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of an hour meeting every morning just before we head on out to our areas for the day.

The meeting comprised of motivational talks, factors, sales processes, and sales pitch perfection.

throughout the 8-hour day, we'd cover our designated areas and expect to reach at least 4-5 blocks worth of homes. We'd re-visit those homes at least 2 times over.

The team was unlike any other team I've ever worked for. I wouldn't consider the people I work with co-workers; they were family to me.
very fun to work with them
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 26, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: kind of low wage
go to work whenever and leave whenever good pay you make good friends, and lots of food.
Great Opportunity
Sales (Current Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 23, 2015
Good Opportunity

Excellent Outdoor Sales Leaders

Highly recommended training process
Not a fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 18, 2015
hours were often longer than what your shift called for.
Co workers were great, but management was terrible.
Long hours on the phone could wear you down.
Was fun until sold out to Wall Street
Field Service Professional (Former Employee), North CarolinaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: meal card
Cons: long days, hard sales tactics, managers
The company use to be a great place to work until Blackstone bought out most of the company and now everything is done to please wall street . The company no longer appreciates its employees and consider them expendable . If your good at sales the pays not bad .
Poor Culture, Unclear Vision
Field Service Professional (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: little direct supervision, company vehicle
Cons: poor, short-sighted management. inferior products to work with.
I have been with Vivint for several years. During that time, I received minimal raises (1-2.5% annually). The corporate culture is very materialistic. There's a sharp divide between management and the field service employees. I would not recommend this position
Fun place but benefits and job security could be better
Sales Analyst and Supervisor (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, gym
Cons: longer hours, work follows you home.
The Culture of the company is great, management was awesome, I learned more here than any other company I have worked. However, the job security in middle management is extremely unstable.
not good
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Danville ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: no pros for guys in the field but all office staff got free lunch
Cons: 40 cents a mile, for any personal miles, even after told we could drive anywhere we wanted with in reason ..meant no reason
about 11 to 12 hour days 6 of them behind the wheel ..was always on my own working from home to customers home then next customers home never time for lunch or breaks.. no co-workers and managers hundreds of miles away every 3 or so months you would go to area meeting and find out who has quit or got fired and see a new face just to have them gone 2 days or 1 month later...so this company get real low rating..
a typical work day
Alarm Technician (Former Employee), Vallejo, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: there are no pros gor working for this company.
Cons: non
I worked for this company for eight months and all they care about is doing upgrades to customers. We had to tell them they needed something when they really didn't need it. Not a very great company to work for and the panels they have are not good they don't work for nothing.
Work place is great
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great support system
Cons: job is hard
Great support, amazing managers and co-workers. Job was tough but I had great support system to help me through the tough calls.
Fun and learned a lot but the traveling wore on me after so many years
Door to door sales representative marketing (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: enjoy meeting and selling the best product across the nation
Cons: long days of work sometimes with no lunch
I learned more doing door to door sales then I have doing any of thing in my life. Learning how to communicate with others and handle situations to the best of the ability is a great characteristic to have.
great co-workers
Field Service Professional (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2014
Work 4 ten hour shifts a week. Sundays and holidays off. Typical day is installing new home automation systems or service calls. Co-workers are great and everyone works as a team. Con:
Micromanagement. Pros: Company soda card to pay for lunch.
The best work environment, but very difficult work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free dinner, morning cookouts, team bonding
Cons: incredibly long hours, working outdoors everyday, only one day for rest, constant failure
My group at Vivint is the best work environment that I have had the pleasure of being a part of. Everyone there has such positive attitudes about going out to work another day. I came in as a stranger and was immediately accepted as part of the group. There was no discrimination from what I could see and the optimism made me happy and excited to wake up every day to go work.

The work aspect is where the difficulty came, especially since I was brought onto the job late. I received training, but nowhere near as much as I would have liked, but I understood why. Vivint is a door-to-door marketing internship and doing well depended on how hard a person was willing to work, to strive to get better. As this was my first time attempting it, it was daunting getting dropped off in a neighborhood and having to knock on stranger's doors by myself. The anxiety of knocking on my first door and the failure I felt after it would be enough to make anyone quit. I had thoughts about it, but I realized that this was a job that required intrinsic motivation to pursue. After the first few days of having doors constantly shut in my face, I realized that I was still learning and that having myself thrown out by myself was the perfect way for learning how to do the door-to-door approach, it allowed me to apply what I had learned in my courses first hand. After constant failed attempt after failed attempt, and working in the rain, I finally got my first sale, and the feeling of achieving that feat was quite possibly the greatest feeling I have ever felt. It was invigorating and gave me more to push for, to learn more. It was enjoyable, not because it was easy, but because i persevered through the difficulty of it. It was hard, but definitely an experience worth doing. I learned so much from it and the people that were my mentors there.
It is a fun work enviroment with lots of learning opportunities and opportunities for advancement
Customer Loyalty Manager (Former Employee), Logan, UTNovember 5, 2014
Pros: the bonuses and benefits they offered
Cons: not being able to help some of the customers
I would take calls from customers who wanted to cancel their security service. I learned how to work with customers with financial problems, take credit card orders and offer credits to their account. My co-workers were very caring and loving they were always there to help if you had a question. The managers always made us feel like we were an asset to the company even when we were new and didn't understand everything.
Hardest part would be taking calls from customers who were upset and yelling. Or having to take calls from customers who have talked to numerous agents at the company and have not received the help they were looking for, so I would have to do damage control.
The best part was being able to help people and knowing that when I got off the phone I had helped someone.
Productive work environment with ping pong table and pool tables
Account Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good energy, flexible hours, free food!
Cons: too much food, not a lot of time for breaks
I work an 8 hour day starting at 8am with about 20 other people on my team. I manage 20-40 accounts over a 3 day installation period to ensure installation success, including contractual agreement negotiations.
Management is very energetic and loyal. My co-workers are hard working, fun, and diverse.
The hardest part of my job is helping people see the bigger picture of why what we are doing is important for noth their success and our success.
Honestly, the best part of my job would have to be my co-workers :) I enjoy the freedom of my job, too, though.
Great job, based on commission
sales representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 1, 2014
Everything about the job sounded great and i was in. I did research on the claims that they presented us and a lot of what i saw was false. Many review from customers were bad. Getting people to buy the product was hard, mainly because they wanted you to get your family and friends to buy and they give you references. It required a lot of commuting, you worked all over san diego. The plus is you worked your own hours. They wanted you to make calls to your customers at 7 am, to me that was not a good thing i dont think anyone wants to be called at that time.
Beginning was great, over time less work was avaiable
Home Security and automation Consultant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: lots of social experience, many opportunities for improvement
Cons: commission-only job
I normally had 4-5 apointments set up to begin with. I would present the product to the customers and help them realize why they might need it. Near the end I was not receiving nearly as many apointments.

I learned how to best sell products to people and how to listen to their needs and wants and better explain how the product helps with those,

The management was good at encouraging us and getting us excited about the product and selling it.

The hardest part of the job was learning to pass on my excitement of the product to the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when someone did buy a home security system, I would be satisfied that their house would be more secure and less likely for them to be hurt or have possessions stolen,
Inside look at vivint.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaOctober 14, 2014
Cons: everything
I worked for vivint for a few years just ending my stay there this summer. They prey on the elderly, i am ashamed to say i worked there. They recruit college kids to do this job offering them quick and easy money. They have a whole pitch and sales system in place that they use to con people out of their money. They knock without licensing, they have complaints all over the united states, they use outdated awards and magazine excerpts to show people they are "trustworthy", when in reality, the person standing before you at your door ready to take money that day and have a shady technician from Utah(using his own car as the company is too cheap to provide vehicles) install it the same day, has actually been trained for about a day before getting your personal info and running a hard credit check against your credit. Beware especially if you live anywhere near Tampa. This section of the company used to be platinum and was bought out by vivint. It's a shady business and if you are a person trying to apply for this job, keep in mind they will offer you a lot of money and a "backend check" in October. Mine was in the negatives. I owed vivint at the end of the year. This company is predatory, on college kids, on families, and customers. Stay Far away from this company. They lock you into a five year contract that you have no hopes of ever escaping and raise the prices on you on a whim. Service techs that repair your system if something goes wrong can usually only get there within two weeks, so you may be looking forward to going without monitoring for 2 weeks at the bare minimum if – more... something does happen. They dont pay for your city permit or even discuss it with you, the police will fine you several hundred dollars for not having this while operating a security system. Vivint isnt even allowed to do business in some states because of their record with customers. The worst customer service possible and usually if you have a problem, you can only talk to one person, who is usually conveniently not there. This company should be brought up on fraud charges. Do not work for this company, they will work you 6 days a week from sun up till sundown with only two excused absences a summer. You work whether there is lightening, heat in the triple digits, sick or not. They don’t care. If you miss a day of work it is a $100 dollar fine out of your check. People have been robbed while doing this job because they put you in horrible neighborhoods whether you are male or female, with no supervision. It’s all commission based so most reps can go weeks without a paycheck whether they have a family or not. Ive seen coworkers go homeless, lose their car, not be able to make it to court cases etc due to not being able to take time off. The management are the shadiest people you will ever meet. The company takes a group of people or an “Office” and moves them to different parts of the country to keep them away from family or friends that might convince them to leave. This is all strategically done to keep their reps under lock and key. You DO have to pay for these apartments that they force you into. Plus utilities, they aren’t doing anything to help you. You will also never move up in this company regardless of what they promise you. Good luck to anyone brave enough to work here or use this system. I worked here and it ruined my life. – less

1 2 3 4 5