Vivint

Vivint Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent team environment, good incentives, no benefits
Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2014
Pros: good team ethic
Cons: 6 day work week, long hours, people are horrible
At 2pm you start knocking, and you go until around 10pm. You're dropped off alone in your area, rain or shine, to sell.

I learned a lot about self discipline, self motivation, and using time to your advantage. Nothing about talking to people scares me any more, after the brow beating you took on the average day.

Everyone on the team is supportive – more... and wants to see you succeed, the daily meetings kept track of everyone's progress, and offered feedback and tips for the coming day's work. Management always had your back and would help however they could.

The hardest part of the job was definitely seeing days or weeks pass in which you would not make a single sale, or get into a single house. People can be really rude, and the rejection is always hard.

The best parts of the job were the team building activities and incentives, like go karting or ping pong tournaments. The team had a huge sense of cameraderie, which made the days go by a lot easier. – less
sales management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 18, 2014
i learned how to manage sales meantime i learned new ways as a sales representative for managing sales.
An energetic, motivational, and powerful environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of an hour meeting every morning just before we head on out to our areas for the day.

The meeting comprised of motivational talks, factors, sales processes, and sales pitch perfection.

throughout the 8-hour day, we'd cover our designated areas and expect to reach at least 4-5 blocks worth of homes. We'd re-visit those – more... homes at least 2 times over.

The team was unlike any other team I've ever worked for. I wouldn't consider the people I work with co-workers; they were family to me. – less
very fun to work with them
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 26, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: kind of low wage
go to work whenever and leave whenever good pay you make good friends, and lots of food.
Beginning was great, over time less work was avaiable
Home Security and automation Consultant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: lots of social experience, many opportunities for improvement
Cons: commission-only job
I normally had 4-5 apointments set up to begin with. I would present the product to the customers and help them realize why they might need it. Near the end I was not receiving nearly as many apointments.

I learned how to best sell products to people and how to listen to their needs and wants and better explain how the product helps with those,

The – more... management was good at encouraging us and getting us excited about the product and selling it.

The hardest part of the job was learning to pass on my excitement of the product to the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when someone did buy a home security system, I would be satisfied that their house would be more secure and less likely for them to be hurt or have possessions stolen, – less
Inside look at vivint.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaOctober 14, 2014
Cons: everything
I worked for vivint for a few years just ending my stay there this summer. They prey on the elderly, i am ashamed to say i worked there. They recruit college kids to do this job offering them quick and easy money. They have a whole pitch and sales system in place that they use to con people out of their money. They knock without licensing, they have – more... complaints all over the united states, they use outdated awards and magazine excerpts to show people they are "trustworthy", when in reality, the person standing before you at your door ready to take money that day and have a shady technician from Utah(using his own car as the company is too cheap to provide vehicles) install it the same day, has actually been trained for about a day before getting your personal info and running a hard credit check against your credit. Beware especially if you live anywhere near Tampa. This section of the company used to be platinum and was bought out by vivint. It's a shady business and if you are a person trying to apply for this job, keep in mind they will offer you a lot of money and a "backend check" in October. Mine was in the negatives. I owed vivint at the end of the year. This company is predatory, on college kids, on families, and customers. Stay Far away from this company. They lock you into a five year contract that you have no hopes of ever escaping and raise the prices on you on a whim. Service techs that repair your system if something goes wrong can usually only get there within two weeks, so you may be looking forward to going without monitoring for 2 weeks at the bare minimum if something does happen. They dont pay for your city permit or even discuss it with you, the police will fine you several hundred dollars for not having this while operating a security system. Vivint isnt even allowed to do business in some states because of their record with customers. The worst customer service possible and usually if you have a problem, you can only talk to one person, who is usually conveniently not there. This company should be brought up on fraud charges. Do not work for this company, they will work you 6 days a week from sun up till sundown with only two excused absences a summer. You work whether there is lightening, heat in the triple digits, sick or not. They don’t care. If you miss a day of work it is a $100 dollar fine out of your check. People have been robbed while doing this job because they put you in horrible neighborhoods whether you are male or female, with no supervision. It’s all commission based so most reps can go weeks without a paycheck whether they have a family or not. Ive seen coworkers go homeless, lose their car, not be able to make it to court cases etc due to not being able to take time off. The management are the shadiest people you will ever meet. The company takes a group of people or an “Office” and moves them to different parts of the country to keep them away from family or friends that might convince them to leave. This is all strategically done to keep their reps under lock and key. You DO have to pay for these apartments that they force you into. Plus utilities, they aren’t doing anything to help you. You will also never move up in this company regardless of what they promise you. Good luck to anyone brave enough to work here or use this system. I worked here and it ruined my life. – less
Horrible Experience
Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no work-life balance, health insurance, benefits, pay, management
The work-life balance is non-existent. In fact, if you bring it up, you are looked at as lazy. The management is inept, abusive, and aggressive. It's disorganized and a little shady.
A day at work
SECURITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Pennsylvania, NewyorkOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good pay, good co workers
Cons: long hours on call, housing supplied sometimes bare minimum. no benefits
A typical day at work involved going to a customers home, installing the equipment that the customer had ordered, cleaning up any messes that were made during installation. When installation was complete, had to train the customer so that they knew how to use the security system and felt comfortable doing so. Also answering any questions they had as – more... well as being friendly and polite. I learned a lot about communication with other people, installing equipment, running wires in walls, and training customers in electronics. My direct co-workers were great if they weren't currently busy on their own install they would come and help get yours done as quickly as possible while still doing a good job. Hardest part of the job sometimes was either training the customer or running the wires in the wall. The most enjoyable part was meeting a bunch of new people as well as traveling and living in different parts of the united states. – less
Very time consuming for a commission type job
SALES WOMAN (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free training
Cons: commission and (in my opinion) wastes valuable time and money
Sales job where you learn many different sales techniques, but in my opinion the techniques came off as very persistent and annoying (for lack of a better word).

The management and higher ranking employees were really helpful and fun. They teach you everything and give you tips.

Hardest part of the job was the scheduling and commission. You must schedule – more... your own appointments, which they recommend to schedule many since it is a sales job, and not every person buys the product. Which is understandable. But being a college student, I was wasting valuable study time in a position where all of my appointments were simply becoming me paying to go talk to people about Vivint's product because no one was purchasing the product. So I wasn't making any money and I was wasting money to go to customer's houses and also wasting time when I could have been studying. Vivint also requires you to go to team meetings at their headquarters and they phone you everyday to see how everything is. It was too much. – less
Constantly Under Stress
Monitoring Rep (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MinnesotaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free soda fountain
Cons: short breaks, under constant pressure, strict performance reviews, low pay
You are constantly under pressure, from the supervisors, leads, higher up management, customers and your breaks are very short...You won't have time to finish a meal. It's not a hostile work environment, but the leads are forcing us to sit where we're not comfortable, thus low productivity and high turn over rates. You may do a good job on one part, – more... but may get hit with a warning or strike for not doing so well on another. Your PTO requests will always get denied, even if you put in a few months notice, so for example if you purchased a plane ticket to go on vacation, they can still deny that. On real busy days you're responding to 150+ alarms including 20-50 incoming calls. The pay is very low for the amount of work that's put in. Monitoring Reps should be compensated $15+... I am sure the current employees will agree with me. Management do not care about an employee's well-being. It is all about meeting quotas and strict performance reviews. If you like being under heavy stress, then by all means give it a try! – less
Wonderful culture with amazing pay
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 25, 2014
I love vivint! It is an amazing company that treats each employee like gold
worst ever
apprentice electrician (Former Employee), frederick, maylandSeptember 24, 2014
Cons: shady sales tactics, terrible management, incompetent hr, long days, your own equipmen
Hired on as an apptentince electrician. Never received proper training, terrible management with a very cliquey office. If you don't fit the grunt worker high school mode you probably won't fit in with them. Was promised piece work (the only way to really make money) after 2 weeks of "training". After 1 Month never got out. Asked why and told that I – more... needed to start from the bottom and work my way to piece work. This was never discussed during the interview or on boarding.

If I was on piece work then I wouldn't get paid until installation was complete, which can take 2 to 3 days on average. – less
Fun work environment
Compliance Inspector, New Mexico (Former Employee), New MexicoSeptember 22, 2014
Most of the people that work for this company are very friendly and fun to work with.
Monitoring Rep (Former Employee), South Saint Paul, MNSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: you're sitting down for 8 to 10 hours, and lunch is paid.
Cons: manager, and supervisors are micro-manage. there are unreasonable rules and regulations.
Vivint has a South Saint Paul monitoring branch. Managers and supervisors there like to micromanage. When I mean micromanage, I mean they like to keep track of your daily activities when you're on your phone and off. They also like to penalize/fire people for unreasonable situations. They do not care about your life and your priorities outside of work – more... at all. If you cannot make their meetings or come to work because of school, family, or even if an urgent situation came up, you're penalized. Most of the meetings aren't all that important either.... They do not care about you, they care about their stats. The better the stats, the more pay that the manager and supervisors will receive. There is a high turn over rate here because they do not care about their employees or to keep the employees who provide superb customer service, and that's a BIG flaw to this branch of the company. I would not recommend this place to anyone. – less
Great compensation
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 17, 2014
They pay well but it is hard to move up. Great management and leadership is in place. Continual training and improvement. Having to relocate each summer is difficult.
This is a place that allows you to be able to be relaxed but still work hard.
Licensing Administrator (Current Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
Job mainly answering emails, phone calls from reps and techs, and processing their applications.
Not worth your time
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: commission pay, training is rough
Basically, they look for young, unemployed, eager, naive adults and try to make them think this job is gonna make you all sorts of money. They weren't clear during the interview how the job was gonna be. It IS a commission based job. I was fine with that, but what I did not know is they don't help you find customers starting out. They basically tell – more... you to call friends and family and try to convince them to set up an appointment, then if they agree, you give them a sales pitch. They also tell you to tell the customer that they're special, and the company pays for the system, but they can't tell anyone else, then everyone will want a free system. Well, guess what? EVERYONE gets a free system. So they tell you to lie to customers.

I went through the training. Three days of sitting in a cold room for eight hours listening to them try to convince you that they really don't care about the money and staring at walls so bright orange it hurts your eyes. You also get maybe one ten minute break, and forget about lunch. The chairs are super uncomfortable and the managers are rather rude. They tell you to call if you need help, and if you call and say, for instance, you don't know a lot of homeowners, they tell you to call friends, and then ask for their parent's phone number, and call them. There was one other employee I spoke to who even gladly harassed a family member over the phone for an appointment, despite the family member being confused and really annoyed. I was shocked. I'd never harass family members, even for a job.

Bottom line, there's better jobs out there. – less
cheap micromanagers
FSP (Former Employee), WVSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: vehicle gas card and uniforms
Cons: management workload
a typical workday in the field at vivint is micromanaged by your FSM and policies and procedures are not communicated. and you get written up for every little thing. The management is shady and has their own agendas. dealing with management. enjoyable to work with customers.
Fun and Exciting Workplace
Field Service Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxSeptember 3, 2014
This is a fun environment in a fast paced position. I enjoy the people I work with and love taking care of customers in providing them with their security needs. I've learned alot in the time I have had working with the company.
Good job
Customer Marketing (Former Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: slow periods
Cons: slow periods
Good work, life balance. It can be high demand and stressful as most jobs are. If you were willing to work hard you can make it far

1 2 3 4 5