Vivint

Vivint Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An energetic, motivational, and powerful environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 26, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of an hour meeting every morning just before we head on out to our areas for the day.

The meeting comprised of motivational talks, factors, sales processes, and sales pitch perfection.

throughout the 8-hour day, we'd cover our designated areas and expect to reach at least 4-5 blocks worth of homes. We'd re-visit those – more... homes at least 2 times over.

The team was unlike any other team I've ever worked for. I wouldn't consider the people I work with co-workers; they were family to me. – less
very fun to work with them
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 26, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: kind of low wage
go to work whenever and leave whenever good pay you make good friends, and lots of food.
Good work atmosphere, mostly independent work, minimal meetings.
Security Technician (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 12, 2012
Restock my share of equipment anytime from 10-12 am. Then team metting at office for about an hour. Then you either drive to the area your working or do anything else on your agenda while waiting on texts for your jobs. Jobs are dispatched though text. Once received, you drive to house and install security system, sign the paperwork and drive to your – more... next job. Finish work around 10pm. All depends on the sales. Most enjoyable part of the job is working a long hard week and seeing a very rewarding paycheck. Not much too difficult about the job but it does get hot over the summer going place to place. Always on the move and on your phone. – less

Brianj – June 1, 2012

Do you take your company vehicle home? How many hours do you work a week on average? I am debating whether I should pursue a career at vivint or continue working as a satellite installer.

Joanthan1 – June 22, 2012

Yes, you do take your company vehicle home. (in response to question)

Sitting in your cubical
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: sitting and talking on phones all day
If sitting in a cubical is something you enjoy then this job is for you! You can make great money there and great benefits.
Vivint: A great place to work...?
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Provo, UTMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great products, wonderful company culture and fun atmosphere
Cons: compensation not in line with what recruiter said, poor management training, expensive health insurance.
While they have a wonderful company culture and benefits such as free lunch and onsite clinic, health benefits are ridiculously expensive, management is poorly trained, management opportunities are few and far between with the only opportunities coming very infrequently. Also, and maybe more importantly, I was deceived as to the amount of compensation – more... I could expect two times by their recruiters.

When first being hired I was told I would have the opportunity to make upwards of 80 to 100k a year, commensurate with past sales positions I've held. What they did NOT tell me was that it would be after months and months of essentially working for $8.00 an hour, and even then, there were only a few people making that amount and the opportunity to rise to that level was years away.

When transferring to their customer service department, I was told there were a lot of opportunities to rise to management because they were in a growth phase, and also you could make up to $14.00 an hour even as a phone agent. What I was not told by the recruiter is that the management positions were all low level team lead or supervisor positions. Management was very hard to reach and took years to reach, which is fine for someone coming out of college but a bad fit for someone my age who has over a decade of management experience in call center alone, 20 years management experience total.

Vivint overall was a bad fit for me, something the recruiters should have known in looking at my resume and seeing my past positions as call center and sales management. Seems like they were so busy looking to put butts in the seats they didn't take time to look at individuals and take their needs into account. – less
Good Company
Senior Security Specialist (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, healthcare
Cons: inept management, two-faced company
Vivint can't seem to figure out quite what they want to be, nor what they want their associates to be. They are very hush-hush about their business decisions, and make sweeping changes without relaying any of the information to their employees. This causes unrest and people to feel generally nervous about their employment -- even if they're doing a – more... fine job.

The technical product that Vivint sells is spectacular, but their back end does not illicit trust. – less
Great people who work hard and have a good outlook on life
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTMarch 10, 2014
• Knocking door to door in various suburbs selling home automation systems to a diverse groups of people

• I learned hard work and perseverance

• The managers as well other employees are very helpful and engaging

• The hardest part of the job: No hourly pay, all commission, rejection at the door step, the weather

• The best part of the job: Hanging – more... out with other co-workers, the in-depth training provided, and the challenge of the job – less
Fun environment, but work is taken very serious and competitive as it should.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 10, 2014
-Correlation meeting usually at 10am, go to lunch, and finally dropped into specific area to start prospecting and talking with people.
-Learned a lot about sales cycle, sales environment, working with teams, and importance of knowing everything about your company. When you genuinely want to help solve peoples problems, working with people or working – more... in sales comes naturally.
-Management and co-workers were like your teammates/friends
-Hardest part of job was walking door to door in the hot summer sun along with rude residents.
-Most enjoyable part is hitting your goals – less
its fun you are youre own boss
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: out in open no boss you are by ur self
i been with this company every summer since high school my job is simple i promote their alarm system from door to door and provide the best cotumer service every day. i worked straight comission.
great job for motivated people.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 26, 2014
I worked for vivint for almost 4 years doing outside sales. Sales were acquired door to door in residential neighborhoods and businesses. Worked in a team environment but also sales were very personal and job was 100% commission. The part of the job I didn't like is that you pretty much turn into a traveling salesman following trends every 4-6 months. – more... I wanted something more stable. – less
fun work place with a cafeteria for lunch
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: talk to a lot of different people and traveled the states
Cons: people i worked with
Vivint was a fun place to work at. I started there on the phones as sales and currently was getting over a divorce so I didnt produce what i wanted to in the beginning so I decided in 2013 to do the summer sales job. I have a few friends thats been in the business for 6 years so I went to the midwest with them last year. I traveled by car and went to – more... five different states! I picked my friends brains about the job to be successful. My most successful month out of the five i was gone in i sold 31 in May and that was a big accomplishment. This job required going to an area and knocking on doors and switching them over from there previous alarm company and to join ours! The product I believed in and was able to get into a lot of homes and the success depended on customers credit and work ethic. I enjoy sales and talking to people. – less
force
Technical Support/Customer Care (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 13, 2014
they were a fantastic company up until they swapped me from Customer Service to Retention and than they laid me off due to too many employees
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 10, 2014
it was a fun job but the training and cross training was rediculous
overall a good company
Field Service Professional (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Great place to work, just not getting 40 hours a week as needed.
interesting
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee), MOJanuary 27, 2014
This company encouraged me to really break out of my shell, and to engage in personal interaction
A Learning Curve
Field Service Professional (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 17, 2014
Learned to work from Home and manage my own office. Learned how to sale and up sale to customers. Was a trainer for the SC area. Hardest part was keeping up with the changes from the Main Office.
alright
NIS Sales Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: cool enviornment
Cons: pay, management
Cool company and very fun work place but managemnet is nto orginized. They always have an excuse for everything.
Awesome culture and encuraging place to work
Installer (Former Employee), Knoxville tn areaJanuary 14, 2014
I installed cell link and home phone wired security systems and home automation such as cameras, door locks, thermostats and light switches. I also repaired and replaced systems and troubleshot problems with equipment.
Productive and Fun
Technician (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Awesome work environment. Travel to different States and work hard in peoples homes with the new equipment that would be installed. Lots of hands and staying active.
Door to door sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2013
A typical day included going out to your own "turf", which is a neighborhood and cold knocking on doors to sell a Vivint security system.

1 2 3 4 5