Vivint Employee Reviews

Negative
Sales and Tec (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 September 2016
Your company is very pushy and your door to door sales people were horrible. They basically pushed there way thru my door. Then promised stuff which never came thru, The install guy showed up at 10:30pm and didn't leave til 1:30 am when he said it would take 1 hour. Wow. what a operation. NOT a company I would recommend. The sales guy forgot 2 products on my quote then wanted to up my monthly rate an additional $5.00. Not very professional.
Pros
free hat if I gave technician a 10 score on his evaluation
Hard but fair
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2016
You get what you put into it usually. Door to door sales was though and long hours. Usually from noon until 11 pm. Opportunities to make good money but working 6 days a week for 11 hours a day the opportunity cost didn't add up.
Pros
good money making opportunity
Cons
when calculating dollars per hour it wasnt as appealing
Amazing work place. Amazing people.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2016
wake up, go to mandatory gym and head out on the doors to make sales. i learned alot about myself and about others. my management was great, young, enthusiastic and easy going. my coworkers were great. they are life time friends. the hardest part about my job was meeting rude people on the doors. surprisingly motivating.
most enjoyable part of my job was we got to travel all around Canada.
Pros
Commission was great
Cons
meeting crazy people
Very fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 August 2016
Vivint is amazing place to work. They give you amazing training, your managers are always there to help. it is a door to door sales job so the days can be hard, and exhausting. But the life skills you can gain from this job are unbelievable.
Tough to deal with negative customers at a high rate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2015
Door to door sales for ~12 hours a day.

Learned how to stay positive in a highly negative environment.

Management was good and provided training when requested.

Co-workers were positive, required to live with them.

Hardest part of the job was finding the motivation to keep going after long hours and especially rude customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team.
Pros
Free accomodations
Cons
Long hours, %100 commission based.
Door to Door
Independent Contractor (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2016
Great if you have an amazing team, you have a good opportunity to make alot of money. Typical day is knock 50-60 doors and learning how to overcome objections and close sales for security system.
Vivint Door-to-Door Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB.26 March 2015
Vivint was an amazing work environment and very fun The people I worked with were great and my Managers were absolutely amazing. The environment at the office was really fun, and yes the job is difficult selling door-to-door but thats the best part. Working your but off and getting compensated based on how hard you work was great, but since we were technically independent contract workers we received no benefits.
Pros
Fun work environment and great compensation.
Cons
No benefits
great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 April 2016
this is a door to door job that taught me all sorts of things, amazing job. learnt more people skills and such things. it is hard work but the best experience ever
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2014
Meet at the office to organize the day and get focused. We would get into groups and role play with our sales pitches. I would participate in optional team building activities before I start my day. I've learned how to approach potential customers as well as skills to easily increase my product knowledge learning abilities. Management worked well because of the easy-going environment. Hardest part of the job was getting people to listen to my pitch. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with different varieties of people.
Pros
Getting to meet new people everyday
Cons
Excellent team environment, good incentives, no benefits
Sales & Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2014
At 2pm you start knocking, and you go until around 10pm. You're dropped off alone in your area, rain or shine, to sell.

I learned a lot about self discipline, self motivation, and using time to your advantage. Nothing about talking to people scares me any more, after the brow beating you took on the average day.

Everyone on the team is supportive and wants to see you succeed, the daily meetings kept track of everyone's progress, and offered feedback and tips for the coming day's work. Management always had your back and would help however they could.

The hardest part of the job was definitely seeing days or weeks pass in which you would not make a single sale, or get into a single house. People can be really rude, and the rejection is always hard.

The best parts of the job were the team building activities and incentives, like go karting or ping pong tournaments. The team had a huge sense of cameraderie, which made the days go by a lot easier.
Pros
good team ethic
Cons
6 day work week, long hours, people are horrible
Great place for students, table tennis, pool table, and a fridge packed with food and drinks
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Winnepeg13 July 2013
Typical day at work starts out with a training meeting.Then on to the doors for the afternoon and evening.
I learned how to communicate well with customers.
Management was amazing. They focus all their efforts into helping you become successful.
We work as a team and it builds great moral in the work place.
The hardest part of the job is the mental battles that you have to fight every day as you have to overcome all the no's from the customer and find the yes's.
The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the meetings. We have a lot of fun and games to boost the moral and keep things light.
Pros
Great training, fun environment to work in everyday
Cons
You really only get Sunday off. You will work most holidays aswell
demographic mistreatment
Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  British Columbia12 October 2015
patronizing attitude by supervisors, condescending tone
there is a Mormon preference, numerous other races and nationalities are looked down upon
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
Very Good
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, Saskatchewan11 July 2015
· Operated all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant policies and procedures
· Cleaned forklifts as scheduled and/or required
· Ensured trucks and equipment are safely and securely stored
· Provided manual labor assistance on various tasks and assignments
· Unloaded and stocking incoming material from vendors.
Terrible Company to work for
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 July 2012
I really enjoyed my duties as an installation technician, but the hours and pay were terrible. Management expected far too much from their employees and the workplace was dominated by office politics in which technicians were not valued as they should be. Overall, I would not recommend this company to anyone as an employer.
Productive, fun, team-oriented workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2012
At Vivint I went door to door speaking with cold contacts. Through our daily meetings, practice, and reading I learned how to make that process much easier for myself. Unfortunately my managers also shared the same position of door to door sales and therefore had a tough time giving us the proper resources to succeed because it's less for them. This severely effected my experience. This job was the most difficult job I have ever taken and constantly tested my will power. I was responsible for ten hours of knocking a day, as well as three textbooks approximately 200 pages in length to be completely during knocking season. Since this job was paid purely with commission there was no stopping. On the postive side, I worked in an office of 31 people that all shared the same tasks as me and the amount of teamwork and support within the office was outstanding.
Pros
great performance bonuses, social environment, dedicated peers
Cons
non-stop (when not working, i was preparing), cold contacts
An energetic, motivational, and powerful environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2014
A typical day at work consisted of an hour meeting every morning just before we head on out to our areas for the day.

The meeting comprised of motivational talks, factors, sales processes, and sales pitch perfection.

throughout the 8-hour day, we'd cover our designated areas and expect to reach at least 4-5 blocks worth of homes. We'd re-visit those homes at least 2 times over.

The team was unlike any other team I've ever worked for. I wouldn't consider the people I work with co-workers; they were family to me.
Tough, but very Fruitful. Great for Character Development.
Sales Representative and Area Planner (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada27 January 2015
After the daily staff training, the Sales representatives would head to designated areas and begin prospecting for business. Usually before prime working hours (5-9pm) the representatives would gain as much information about the area and its inhabitants in order to develop a strategy for sales for that specific demography. As the type of sale was full cycle, it was important to acquire the right strategy in order to close the deal first time, on site. Due to the high level of sales training it is possible at times to have assigned an engineer en-route within 25 minutes of greeting the customer, even if the initial greeting was of negative reception.

The management were excellent and coordinated the office very well. My co-workers and I would all share the same grievances with this job - that it was very mentally tough. Dealing with constant rejection, on a day to day basis is challenging, but creates a foundation for good mental fortitude.

The most enjoyable part of the job aside from the satisfaction of being paid after a difficult sale, would be the sales training that was offered. It is genuinely as good as the reputation it has. Without the training, I would not have made a single sale during the job, and would not have been able to consider it a successful time.
Pros
Excellent Sales Training, and pay.
Cons
Mentally demoralising at times.
very fun to work with them
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 October 2012
go to work whenever and leave whenever good pay you make good friends, and lots of food.
Pros
free food
Cons
kind of low wage
Good atmosphere
Made cold call sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 August 2014
Was a good atmosphere to work in , with great fellow co-workers.
Pros
created your own schedule
Cons
worked every weekend
sales management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 April 2014
i learned how to manage sales meantime i learned new ways as a sales representative for managing sales.