Vivint Smart Home Employee Reviews

hard and very competitive
Sales Representative & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador31 August 2017
the experiance of working for giving was different than most jobs. it was very difficult and had to deal with rejection on the daily. it was mentally draining and luck played a big role in this game.
great company culture everyone wants to win.
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2017
Vivint is a great company it has the best company culture, I have been part of. Vivint has a work hard play hard mentality it is the job pushes you past your comfort zone. you work long hours doing door to doors sales. but the suppose you get to succeed and make a profitable career is more than enough. I learned how to communicate effectively in real time setting.
Pros
great company culture
family like environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 April 2017
-excellent trainers
-great fun environment
- progress will show if you apply your self.
- team leaders encourage progressive change
- incentives are given on a weekly to help your goals
Pros
you get the best training from the pros them selves
Cons
looong hours
long hours 6 days a week
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 March 2017
so long as the salesmen are selling you are busy. Long days starting around nine in the morning up untell ten at night but if the customer still wants you there sometimes you can end up saying untell 4 in the morning
amazing summer job opportunities
Customer Service / Technician / Sales (Former Employee) –  all over canada30 March 2017
in 7 years i have been able to see so many people succeed to exceed their personal goals. it is a tough way to live full time but amazing if you're in school.
Pros
amazinf pay
Cons
horrible hours
Vivint
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2017
A great opportunity to learn about hard work and dedication. No other job has proven to me that if I try my best and push myself that I can succeed. Strongly recommend this job for individuals looking to become the best they can be.
Challenging job with endless potential
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2017
Sales is not my thing, but Vivint is a legitimate company with boundless opportunity. Strong work ethic is a must, as this job will challenge you and help you grow as an individual. The hardest part of the job is keeping motivated when facing endless rejection from potential customers, but it is balanced by a fun working environment with many opportunities for bonuses and rewards.
Pros
endless earning potential
Cons
no hourly wage
Hands on and a chance to interact with customers with a competitive salary.
Home Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
Some positive aspects of being a technician for Vivint is that the busiest season for sales works with university summers, a perfect opportunity for students to avoid student debt. Another great opportunity is the customer service that you provide to customers is unique compared to other jobs. This provides an opportunity to build a relationship with customer. It is great to know you leave an install knowing you helped another person or family secure their home or business, often their most valuable things, including other family members. Along with the security most customers are happy about the system and feel like they gained a new toy to explore with the automation we offer. The company overall is great to their employee's. There is a substantial likelihood for you to learn new skills and expand old ones at this job.
Pros
Customer interactions, wage, company perks and environment. competitive/rewarding.
Cons
Depending on office poor management, depends on sales reps for jobs, very long days and often late hours.
Negative
Sales and Tec (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 September 2016
Your company is very pushy and your door to door sales people were horrible. They basically pushed there way thru my door. Then promised stuff which never came thru, The install guy showed up at 10:30pm and didn't leave til 1:30 am when he said it would take 1 hour. Wow. what a operation. NOT a company I would recommend. The sales guy forgot 2 products on my quote then wanted to up my monthly rate an additional $5.00. Not very professional.
Pros
free hat if I gave technician a 10 score on his evaluation
Hard but fair
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2016
You get what you put into it usually. Door to door sales was though and long hours. Usually from noon until 11 pm. Opportunities to make good money but working 6 days a week for 11 hours a day the opportunity cost didn't add up.
Pros
good money making opportunity
Cons
when calculating dollars per hour it wasnt as appealing
Very fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 August 2016
Vivint is amazing place to work. They give you amazing training, your managers are always there to help. it is a door to door sales job so the days can be hard, and exhausting. But the life skills you can gain from this job are unbelievable.
Amazing work place. Amazing people.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2016
wake up, go to mandatory gym and head out on the doors to make sales. i learned alot about myself and about others. my management was great, young, enthusiastic and easy going. my coworkers were great. they are life time friends. the hardest part about my job was meeting rude people on the doors. surprisingly motivating.
most enjoyable part of my job was we got to travel all around Canada.
Pros
Commission was great
Cons
meeting crazy people
Door to Door
Independent Contractor (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2016
Great if you have an amazing team, you have a good opportunity to make alot of money. Typical day is knock 50-60 doors and learning how to overcome objections and close sales for security system.
great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 April 2016
this is a door to door job that taught me all sorts of things, amazing job. learnt more people skills and such things. it is hard work but the best experience ever
Tough to deal with negative customers at a high rate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2015
Door to door sales for ~12 hours a day.

Learned how to stay positive in a highly negative environment.

Management was good and provided training when requested.

Co-workers were positive, required to live with them.

Hardest part of the job was finding the motivation to keep going after long hours and especially rude customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team.
Pros
Free accomodations
Cons
Long hours, %100 commission based.
demographic mistreatment
Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  British Columbia12 October 2015
patronizing attitude by supervisors, condescending tone
there is a Mormon preference, numerous other races and nationalities are looked down upon
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
Very Good
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, Saskatchewan11 July 2015
· Operated all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant policies and procedures
· Cleaned forklifts as scheduled and/or required
· Ensured trucks and equipment are safely and securely stored
· Provided manual labor assistance on various tasks and assignments
· Unloaded and stocking incoming material from vendors.
Vivint Door-to-Door Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB.26 March 2015
Vivint was an amazing work environment and very fun The people I worked with were great and my Managers were absolutely amazing. The environment at the office was really fun, and yes the job is difficult selling door-to-door but thats the best part. Working your but off and getting compensated based on how hard you work was great, but since we were technically independent contract workers we received no benefits.
Pros
Fun work environment and great compensation.
Cons
No benefits
Tough, but very Fruitful. Great for Character Development.
Sales Representative and Area Planner (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada27 January 2015
After the daily staff training, the Sales representatives would head to designated areas and begin prospecting for business. Usually before prime working hours (5-9pm) the representatives would gain as much information about the area and its inhabitants in order to develop a strategy for sales for that specific demography. As the type of sale was full cycle, it was important to acquire the right strategy in order to close the deal first time, on site. Due to the high level of sales training it is possible at times to have assigned an engineer en-route within 25 minutes of greeting the customer, even if the initial greeting was of negative reception.

The management were excellent and coordinated the office very well. My co-workers and I would all share the same grievances with this job - that it was very mentally tough. Dealing with constant rejection, on a day to day basis is challenging, but creates a foundation for good mental fortitude.

The most enjoyable part of the job aside from the satisfaction of being paid after a difficult sale, would be the sales training that was offered. It is genuinely as good as the reputation it has. Without the training, I would not have made a single sale during the job, and would not have been able to consider it a successful time.
Pros
Excellent Sales Training, and pay.
Cons
Mentally demoralising at times.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2014
Meet at the office to organize the day and get focused. We would get into groups and role play with our sales pitches. I would participate in optional team building activities before I start my day. I've learned how to approach potential customers as well as skills to easily increase my product knowledge learning abilities. Management worked well because of the easy-going environment. Hardest part of the job was getting people to listen to my pitch. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with different varieties of people.
Pros
Getting to meet new people everyday
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vivint Smart Home. Our community is ready to answer.