The position of R&D Research Technician includes, but is not limited to, performing special chemical and physical testing of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical in the development of formulations ensuring all results and documentation are of high quality, and complying with all aspects of GMP – as required by the Canadian Food and Drugs Act and supporting regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform special chemical and physical testing in the development of pharmaceutical/nutraceutical formulations.
- Ensure all analytical results and documentation are of high quality, generated in a timely fashion, and comply with GMP regulations.
- Perform testing in accordance with assigned protocols, methods and procedures.
- Review and prepare routine technical documents as directed.
- Plan and perform analytical tasks according to priorities.
- Report to R&D Manager and Chief Scientific Officer on test results, delays, problems.
- Critically review own data and recommend further action.
- Performs other duties as requested by senior management.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry.
- Laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical/nutraceutical or biotechnology related industry.
- Knowledge of operating LC-MS laboratory device and on compound herbal preparation and research
- * Working knowledge/understanding of GMP and the US FDA guidelines for manufacturing/packaging of pharmaceutical/nutraceutical products.
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments (e.g. HPLC, GC, and ICP) will be considered an asset.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Viva Pharmaceutical Inc. creates natural products and ingredients aimed at helping consumers get and stay healthy. Those products are...