Vitrum Industries (www.vitrum.ca) is the largest and most prolific glass fabricator in the Pacific Northwest. With a 200,000 square foot manufacturing facility and over 300 employees, Vitrum produces more fabricated glass than any other manufacturer in our region.
We are looking for a junior level purchaser to support our busy maintenance team. This would be an ideal position for someone who is looking to begin their purchasing career in a fast-paced, highly automated production environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have some work experience within a purchasing environment, is team oriented and exhibits a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
- Creation and handling of maintenance request forms and checklists
- Maintaining standard inventory levels and parts lists
- Sourcing, purchasing and maintaining inventory of stock and non-stock parts and supplies
- Researching and finding new materials
- Documenting downtime, calls off machines and monitoring overall trends
- Reviewing costs and price lists, performing pricing reviews and alternate supplier list
- Shipping parts for repair or return and documenting for tracking
- General office duties to ensure maintenance purchasing is performed in an orderly and organized fashion
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experienced using a computerized Inventory Control System
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle a demanding workload in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with mechanical components and parts would be an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in Vitrum Industries. However, due to the volume of applications we receive we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.