VITRAN

VITRAN Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
so so
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 22, 2014
Cons: short lunch
It's easy and hard at the sometime picking the exact amount and meeting the requirements on the sheet of paper.
Customer satisfaction culture
Account Manager (Former Employee), Montreal CanandaOctober 1, 2013
Satisfying job, meeting and maintaining customers through close customer relations.
Difficult to negotiate extra charges, as there was a need for more flexibility.
Recent changes in middle management made it difficult to get a sense of direction.
Excellent co-workers and good team spirit.
Just a temp job
shipper/receiver (Former Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 15, 2013
It was a temp agency job, not alot to say. You are asked to go and do a certain job. The turn over was high.
Excellent Place to Work
Order Picker / Walkie Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Caledon, ONJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: vending machine
The supervisors stress safety above performance. They do not play favorites and everyone seems to be treated equally and with respect.

The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the shift.

The fellow employees are not at all intimidating and are more than welcoming and friendly.
I enjoy working at Vitran and lean alot of new things
General Laborer/ Assembly line (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 16, 2012
Pros: they awarded the worker for jobs well done.
Cons: computer systems were down alot.
A fun and fast paced job and I was given a chance to work around the warehouse. Also given the chance to training new employees.
Best group of co-workers
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Walbridge, OHFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay
I worked with the best people! I'm sad the company sold out to Central Transport put a lot of people out of a job. I really enjoyed working there and learning all the aspects of ltl.
Production
Assistant Customer Center Manager (Current Employee), Saint Louis MO.October 27, 2013
Pros: phone allowence, insurance, and make my own hours
Cons: doesnt match 401k
A typical day of work is managing people and building moral while following all company policies and procedures. The hardest part of my day is satisfying all customers while also being profitable. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team to resolve all issues.
under apprecaited
Driver/Helper (Current Employee), Walbridge, OHOctober 2, 2013
Cons: unstable
I enjoy working LTL city currently you could find me in Monroe or Washtenaw county areas Mon thru Fri. I also help out were needed. I'm choosing to look elsewhere due to the uncertainty of this company and where its heading.
What good can I say, LOL None.,
Driver (Current Employee), TerminalSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: none. dont exhist
Cons: everything that makes a bad company. find it all at vitran.
If you are looking, Do not look here. Worst liars and overworking each driver with double the normal daily deliveries and pickups. No force my A''.
Worst part is the pay. I have not gotten a raise since I started here 3 years ago. Although the 15 times they promised raises later finding out just lies to keep us all from quiting while awaiting a buy – more... out.
This company has ruined my life as well as many others. – less
High demand job with great co workers
Welder/Fabricator bldg maint/ heavy Equipt.Oprtr (Current Employee), Gibsonia, PAApril 28, 2013
Pros: working with a great group of people
Cons: not knowing the stability of the company
There is no typical day at my job. Everyday is a different experience. I may end up driving a back hoe one day or end up at a terminal in Erie. I have learned alot about logistics in the trucking industry & maintenance on trucks. When I stared we were owned my a family run business and now it is a huge united states/ Canadian LTL company. The group – more... of guys I work with are great and I call them my friends. The hardest part of the job is trying to be in several places at one time. My job is a high demand job for 1 person. The most enjoyable part of my job is the new experiences and great co workers. – less
Eager to start each day. Smiling through out the day always a plus for good and bad days
Driver (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 10, 2013
Pros: listed above
Cons: listed above
A typical day of work is waiting for freight to come in. Generally leaving the terminal later than you would like. Getting to see costumers dailly, weekly, monthly depending upon frequency of deliveries or pick ups, highlight of the day, downside of the day- explaining why their freight is damaged.

I learned to stay positive through the day. It is – more... all you have.

Management I feel is improving in morals and attitude.

CoWorkers are the best, they correct me when observe something I am doing is wrong. Easy to work with, pleasant.

The hardest part of the job is making up time. You can not.

The most enjoyable part of the job is delivering a qaulity good to a anxious costumer – less
Everyday is a new Challange
Regional Manager OS&D (Current Employee), Jackson, TNDecember 27, 2012
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: travel a lot/low income
I have nothing bad to say about Vitran. Very good management and hard working people. I have learned a lot from them. I travel a lot and I need to find something with not as much traveland more income
Good management ,Fun , Disciplinary work
Material Handeler (Former Employee), 52 nd Street,SE, CalgaryJanuary 29, 2012
Pros: free coffe
Cons: healthcare is good
I Have enjoyed to work here, Company is nice , People Management is very organised.Payscale ,Respect to the worker every thing good.

About VITRAN

Half a load is better than none for Vitran, which nets the majority of its revenues from its less-than-truckload (LTL) transportation – Read more