Viterra Employee Reviews

travelling work
Casual field worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 July 2016
Early mornings and late days. working outside is always beneficial
Coworkers were awesome
Free lunches courtesy of employer
traveled to various job sites
Awesome place to work with friendly co-workers and steady a steady work pace.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bow Island, AB26 December 2015
I did your typical general labour work loading bags of beans into semi trucks, stacking pallets of beans, sweeping shops, and unloading farmers semis of beans during harvest. I generally enjoy labour work as it keeps me busy and helps the days go by alot quicker when im kept hard at work.
Good working environment
System Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  regina sk23 October 2015
Good place to work with emerging technologies. company outsourced to company from India so contract ended. co workers all were on the same page and got along great. management kept communication very clear
International shipping
Rail Cars Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 October 2014
Do various jobs on daily basis which make it unique.You learn a lot of safety procedures at work and how to work smarter not hard.Management treat workers nice and workers are like family members ..Pretty much the job is easy if you follow procedures per management and can be hard if you mix up different products going to the boat.
Pros
once or twice we have free bbq or lunches from company and christmas parties every year
Cons
work different shifts every two weeks and sometimes overtime weekends
Pretty much mandatory overtime
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan6 June 2014
Pros - Meeting lots of people, dealing with complex situations,

Cons- Upper management ruled the facility, unlimited but highly encouraged overtime

Great group of guys to work with, benefits are okay, overtime was only 1.5 times base

Being accountable for upper management decisions was also a detrimental factor, and having to work some ridiculous hours because of these decisions.
An incredible place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 June 2014
We would work very hard but laughed all the time working together as a team. We would make lunches for the team. When things got tough we would laugh harder and made things happen.

The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye when the contract ended. My supervisor always said work hard and if you make a mistake learn from it but don't think it will be your last. No one is perfect.
Pros
Wonderful People and very interesting
Cons
The contract ended
An incredible place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, Alberta20 May 2014
It was a position that was only supposed to last for 6 weeks. I was there for 14 months before they were bought out and my contract ended. Management had indicated several times that they wanted to hire me as a full time employee. It was a very sad day for everyone when the contract ended. I still stay in touch with the girls.
Pros
Close to home. Loved the customer service.
Cons
Not full time
Facility Assistant
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carseland and Indus, Alberta19 May 2014
Assisted, as part of a team of 5-10 people, in the day to day operation of a large inland grain terminal. Typically we would receive, process and ship cereal grains and oilseeds. I learned how to grade grain, clean grain, operate the necessary machinery. Safety training, grading training, on going policy and procedure training. Hardest part was having to load rail cars in any and all kinds of weather, working at heights of 25' plus. Most enjoyable part was meeting and dealing with the customers.
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Working in all types of weather.
Grateful that the company provided me lots of opportunity to develop and grow my skills/experience.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 February 2014
Typical work day consisted of arriving promptly at work to check emails and voicemails. The day would be organized from the previous day, but most times the day's agenda would change significantly due to unexpected dealings with internal and external contacts regarding products, services, contracts, issues, new projects, assignments from management. Once unexpected items were dealt with, I regained focus on the original day's agenda.

My company went through several mergers and acquisitions. I feel one of the most important lessons I learned from working for this company was to keep working hard and to maintain a positive attitude. As a result, change and keeping an open mind resulted in great opportunities for me.

I reported to a Purchasing Manager. He allowed me to work autonomously, yet brought my team together on a regular basis to obtain updates on one another's work, update us on the direction of the department/company, to brainstorm. My manager was supportive and encouraged us to work independently and make our own decisions.

My management and direct co-workers were located in another province from me so we stayed in close contact through email, telephone, and regular monthly meetings. My co-workers were very supportive and we had a great respect for each other and our work. We each brought something valuable to the department. I still maintain these relationships.

One of the greatest challenges of the job was convincing employees to comply with preferred suppliers and programs, and then to have them maintain that compliance over time.

The
  more... most enjoyable parts of the job were finding ways to help the company save money and assisting departments with what they need in order to achieve their goals.  less
Pros
Benefits, Annual Bonuses, Pension.
Cons
Company was sold and lots of positions were eliminated.
Excellent Co
Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Regina13 February 2014
Great Place to work. Cooperative co workers.Some laid off after taking new management due to shrink in business scope.
is it 5?
Loader Operator, Rail Switchman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2013
Another day in paradise. Show up, work, then go home. Its a job.
Viterra was a great place to work, but with Glencore buying out Viterra there was a lot of uncertainty if we would have a job or not
Facillity Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Beiseker, AB18 July 2013
Keeping track of stock was daily and visiting and answering questions for farmers was daily
Job comes first family comes second no matter what.
Facility Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 July 2013
A typical day was to try and put the trucks to the bins as fast as possible to keep the line moving and still try to keep the cleaners fed and emptied out when needed. I learned to multitask very quickly and how to manage people. Some managers didn't really care about the employee just wanted to get the job done as quick as possible. The coworkers were great to get along with and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was working the 16-18 hour days loading cars. The most enjoyable part was working with the coworkers.
Pros
We got some free jackets and clothing.
Cons
The uncertainty of when your time off would be due to car loading
Great Company in Past
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, SK24 June 2013
A typical day at work is 90% on the phone answering questions and contracting grain. The company I currently work for has been a great company to me in the past but is taking a different direction lately and am uncertain of the future. I want to find a company I know will be around for the next 20 years. I have learned a lot in the past 6 years with this company in sales and marketing and it has made me grow to a very professional individual. The people I work with has been the absolute best part of the job and it will be one area I will miss.
awesome place to work
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Parkside, SK22 May 2013
working here was like working with a big family and everyone new there job
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great company to work for, room for growth, excellent position and management.
Carbon Credit Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba14 May 2013
Working with the Alberta government to ensure the carbon credit program is compliant within the laws. Management was great, really lead and let you make recommendations and take on tasks as your own.
Pros
Room for position growth and great atmosphere.
Cons
Company got bought out and moved.
Would still be there but they out sources their pension plan
Retiree Payroll & Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Regina13 March 2013
Daily computer tasks each day
Management was going through many changes and that created challenges for them and myself.
Most of my co-workers worked together very well.
Hardest part of the job was leaving
Most enjoyable part of the job was figuring out the best way to solve a problem
Pros
every change environment and the people were great to work with
Cons
the position ending and i was unable to find other work in the area?
processing plant
Maintenance/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, AB8 August 2012
I worked for 2 1/2 years for this company doing millwright work and maintenance and was promised an apprenticeship then for some reason had the promise taken away. I worked hard, gave them my loyalty and received nothing in return. My supervisor was behind me but upper management wasn't so I chose to move on since my hard work didn't mean anything to them.
Fun loving job
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2012
lEARN all network Related Jobs
Good Mamagement
All co worker are cooperative