Viterra Employee Review

Facility Assistant
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carseland and Indus, Alberta19 May 2014
Assisted, as part of a team of 5-10 people, in the day to day operation of a large inland grain terminal. Typically we would receive, process and ship cereal grains and oilseeds. I learned how to grade grain, clean grain, operate the necessary machinery. Safety training, grading training, on going policy and procedure training. Hardest part was having to load rail cars in any and all kinds of weather, working at heights of 25' plus. Most enjoyable part was meeting and dealing with the customers.
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Working in all types of weather.

Other Viterra Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blackie, AB16 January 2018
Enjoyed working here. I worked in a small rural location. It was fairly boring at some of the times, and I had a lot of free time. Which worked well as I had young kids and needed to work shorter days to work with their school schedule, and that was wonderful
Pros
Short work days
Cons
not very busy
A difficult, yet rewarding job, it was dirty and dusty cold work
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caresland and Indus Alberta4 January 2018
Working in a large terminal elevator is dangerous hard work. As I aged I realized it was not for me. I was forced to leave it with a heavy heart. This is a job that is for younger fit people.
Pros
Good wages, excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours working at height and in all kinds of weather