Viterra Employee Reviews in Canada

Awesome place to work with friendly co-workers and steady a steady work pace.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bow Island, ABDecember 26, 2015
I did your typical general labour work loading bags of beans into semi trucks, stacking pallets of beans, sweeping shops, and unloading farmers semis of beans during harvest. I generally enjoy labour work as it keeps me busy and helps the days go by alot quicker when im kept hard at work.
Good working environment
System Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  regina skOctober 23, 2015
Good place to work with emerging technologies. company outsourced to company from India so contract ended. co workers all were on the same page and got along great. management kept communication very clear
International shipping
Rail Cars Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 8, 2014
Do various jobs on daily basis which make it unique.You learn a lot of safety procedures at work and how to work smarter not hard.Management treat workers nice and workers are like family members ..Pretty much the job is easy if you follow procedures per management and can be hard if you mix up different products going to the boat.
Pros
once or twice we have free bbq or lunches from company and christmas parties every year
Cons
work different shifts every two weeks and sometimes overtime weekends
Pretty much mandatory overtime
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  SaskatchewanJune 6, 2014
Pros - Meeting lots of people, dealing with complex situations,

Cons- Upper management ruled the facility, unlimited but highly encouraged overtime

Great group of guys to work with, benefits are okay, overtime was only 1.5 times base

Being accountable for upper management decisions was also a detrimental factor, and having to work some ridiculous hours because of these decisions.
Facility Assistant
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carseland and Indus, AlbertaMay 19, 2014
Assisted, as part of a team of 5-10 people, in the day to day operation of a large inland grain terminal. Typically we would receive, process and ship cereal grains and oilseeds. I learned how to grade grain, clean grain, operate the necessary machinery. Safety training, grading training, on going policy and procedure training. Hardest part was having to load rail cars in any and all kinds of weather, working at heights of 25' plus. Most enjoyable part was meeting and dealing with the customers.
Pros
good salary and benefits.
Cons
working in all types of weather.
Grateful that the company provided me lots of opportunity to develop and grow my skills/experience.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 19, 2014
Typical work day consisted of arriving promptly at work to check emails and voicemails. The day would be organized from the previous day, but most times the day's agenda would change significantly due to unexpected dealings with internal and external contacts regarding products, services, contracts, issues, new projects, assignments from management. Once unexpected items were dealt with, I regained focus on the original day's agenda.

My company went through several mergers and acquisitions. I feel one of the most important lessons I learned from working for this company was to keep working hard and to maintain a positive attitude. As a result, change and keeping an open mind resulted in great opportunities for me.

I reported to a Purchasing Manager. He allowed me to work autonomously, yet brought my team together on a regular basis to obtain updates on one another's work, update us on the direction of the department/company, to brainstorm. My manager was supportive and encouraged us to work independently and make our own decisions.

My management and direct co-workers were located in another province from me so we stayed in close contact through email, telephone, and regular monthly meetings. My co-workers were very supportive and we had a great respect for each other and our work. We each brought something valuable to the department. I still maintain these relationships.

One of the greatest challenges of the job was convincing employees to comply with preferred suppliers and programs, and then to have them maintain that compliance over time.

The most enjoyable parts of
  more... the job were finding ways to help the company save money and assisting departments with what they need in order to achieve their goals.  less
Pros
benefits, annual bonuses, pension.
Cons
company was sold and lots of positions were eliminated.
Excellent Co
Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ReginaFebruary 13, 2014
Great Place to work. Cooperative co workers.Some laid off after taking new management due to shrink in business scope.
is it 5?
Loader Operator, Rail Switchman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2013
Another day in paradise. Show up, work, then go home. Its a job.
Viterra was a great place to work, but with Glencore buying out Viterra there was a lot of uncertainty if we would have a job or not
Facillity Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Beiseker, ABJuly 18, 2013
Keeping track of stock was daily and visiting and answering questions for farmers was daily
Job comes first family comes second no matter what.
Facility Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 8, 2013
A typical day was to try and put the trucks to the bins as fast as possible to keep the line moving and still try to keep the cleaners fed and emptied out when needed. I learned to multitask very quickly and how to manage people. Some managers didn't really care about the employee just wanted to get the job done as quick as possible. The coworkers were great to get along with and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was working the 16-18 hour days loading cars. The most enjoyable part was working with the coworkers.
Pros
we got some free jackets and clothing.
Cons
the uncertainty of when your time off would be due to car loading
DO NOT WORK FOR THE GREENHOUSE
Greenhouse Tech II (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SkJuly 3, 2013
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked in my entire life. The company overall seems like a good place to work, but the greenhouse is full of drama. They have created a clique and want to be in control of everything. They make it extremely hard for you to show your worth and when things go wrong (even if it could be a result from casual employees or a combination of everyone) they place the blame on the new person if they don't like you. They claim to be very flexible, but there is NO flexibility once your employment begins. So unless you're willing to dedicate your ENTIRE life to this place and want to be a mule, I would suggest looking for employment elsewhere!
Great company to work for, room for growth, excellent position and management.
Carbon Credit Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg ManitobaMay 14, 2013
Working with the Alberta government to ensure the carbon credit program is compliant within the laws. Management was great, really lead and let you make recommendations and take on tasks as your own.
Pros
room for position growth and great atmosphere.
Cons
company got bought out and moved.
processing plant
Maintenance/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, ABAugust 8, 2012
I worked for 2 1/2 years for this company doing millwright work and maintenance and was promised an apprenticeship then for some reason had the promise taken away. I worked hard, gave them my loyalty and received nothing in return. My supervisor was behind me but upper management wasn't so I chose to move on since my hard work didn't mean anything to them.