Viterra Employee Review

Grateful that the company provided me lots of opportunity to develop and grow my skills/experience.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 February 2014
Typical work day consisted of arriving promptly at work to check emails and voicemails. The day would be organized from the previous day, but most times the day's agenda would change significantly due to unexpected dealings with internal and external contacts regarding products, services, contracts, issues, new projects, assignments from management. Once unexpected items were dealt with, I regained focus on the original day's agenda.

My company went through several mergers and acquisitions. I feel one of the most important lessons I learned from working for this company was to keep working hard and to maintain a positive attitude. As a result, change and keeping an open mind resulted in great opportunities for me.

I reported to a Purchasing Manager. He allowed me to work autonomously, yet brought my team together on a regular basis to obtain updates on one another's work, update us on the direction of the department/company, to brainstorm. My manager was supportive and encouraged us to work independently and make our own decisions.

My management and direct co-workers were located in another province from me so we stayed in close contact through email, telephone, and regular monthly meetings. My co-workers were very supportive and we had a great respect for each other and our work. We each brought something valuable to the department. I still maintain these relationships.

One of the greatest challenges of the job was convincing employees to comply with preferred suppliers and programs, and then to have them maintain that compliance over time.

The
  more... most enjoyable parts of the job were finding ways to help the company save money and assisting departments with what they need in order to achieve their goals.  less
Pros
Benefits, Annual Bonuses, Pension.
Cons
Company was sold and lots of positions were eliminated.

Other Viterra Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blackie, AB16 January 2018
Enjoyed working here. I worked in a small rural location. It was fairly boring at some of the times, and I had a lot of free time. Which worked well as I had young kids and needed to work shorter days to work with their school schedule, and that was wonderful
Pros
Short work days
Cons
not very busy
A difficult, yet rewarding job, it was dirty and dusty cold work
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caresland and Indus Alberta4 January 2018
Working in a large terminal elevator is dangerous hard work. As I aged I realized it was not for me. I was forced to leave it with a heavy heart. This is a job that is for younger fit people.
Pros
Good wages, excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours working at height and in all kinds of weather