VITEL COMMUNICATIONS LLC Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Dispatch Supervisor/ Dispatch employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD30 June 2017
i love working here, there are great people here who tend to become family. i have become knowledgeable about cable systems. the management team is great and work hard to correct any issues in a timely matter. the hardest part of your job is because things tend to be stressful for the techs, you have to always put their needs and feelings first. the most enjoyable part is the gratitude from the techs for your work.
Pros
relaxed working enviroment
Cons
there is not much room to grow in the company
It's manageable however, time worked doesn't add up on your compensation
Cable Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD29 June 2017
I enjoyed the independence with the company however, the long hours doesn't pay off in compensation. You have to work 7 days a week in order to make a decent check. Also, you have to work rain or shine.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Low pay
too many meetings and not enough time in the day to attend meetings and help employees
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  3303 Fairmont Ave Ocean NJ 0771222 June 2017
Not a bad company to work for, the VP of operations was an outstanding guy. I reported directly to him and he was always available to answer any questions or concerns. He allowed me to manage as I saw fit with little to no questions on how I did so. I was able to hire as I saw fit and was left with complete autonomy of all employees and departments.
Pros
Was able to manage a large group of people without interference
Cons
Way to many meetings
Needs to be more organized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL31 May 2017
Unorganized. Very unorganized. The CEO is signing contracts that he can't sustain. Poor work ethic throughout the organization because they hire anybody who applies just to meet headcount and they refuse to fire anyone who isn't productive instead punishing their supervisors for the employees poor performance. Communication is horrible you hear urgent news very late or you don't hear it all. Needs better structure.
Pros
Incentives, Co workers are enjoyable
Cons
Short breaks, Bad environment, Must work 50 hours + to ear decent living
It was a good job
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJ21 May 2017
I did enjoy working for this company. I was able to go to different places and meet new people. It was stressful at times but what job is not. If I had a chance I would go back
Pros
Free food and gas
Cons
Switch between nightshift and day shift
Vitel Communications Llc. Is not a organized company
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD11 May 2017
Vitel Communications Llc. Is not an organized company. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. They don't give raises and they don't value their employees.
Learned cable and installs but not worth it.
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PA17 April 2017
Typically you will be working a 8-6 shift 5 days a week (50 hours) depends on your last job and location. You could be upwards of 60-90 minutes from home plus the time it takes to finish your job.

My supervisor was very supportive and helpful when you needed something he was there.

You get paid piece rate it all depends on how much your jobs pay out but also your tech level which can go up and down depending on your call backs.
Pros
Company truck, gas was taken care of.
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, Benefits sucked.
Productive workplace
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJ23 February 2017
A typical workday is one that is full of adventure you never know what or who you're going to encounter. Every job is different one could be as simple as installing a digital box or could be as difficult as rewiring a multiple dwelling unit.
Pros
If you like a challenge this is the job for you.
Cons
You will spend a lot of time away from home.
Fast paced enviroment
Cable Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD15 January 2016
Assisted techs with accounts. Provided customers with estimated times of arrivals. Troubleshoot any issues regarding services. Conducted daily reports and conference calls about performance on technicians.
Pros
Teaching management new skills
Cons
no growth withing company
One word, Terrible!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Machesney park18 February 2015
Avoid this place at all costs. Terrible CEO who constantly bullies members of management! Very little support for managers and supervisors. Overall poor culture, poor compensation, poor outlook. Revolving door!

Not a place to have a future or to have a professional career!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, Ceo, misleading earning potential
Sub-Contractor for Comcast
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, Texas3 April 2014
plenty of work, but terrible ownership and upper management problems.
A nice place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJ19 September 2013
A typical day at work, was frantically paced in the morning, then dragging your heels in the afternoon then frantic pace in the evening when techs returned.
I learned how to make the most I could with what was available at the time.
Management was fair and made sure you earned your pay.
We had a wide range of personalities and many different cultures,so you really had to be open minded so as not to offend anyone.
I would say the hardest part of the job would have to be scanning all the incoming equipment from Comcast, while keeping the technicians from walking away without providing proper accounts for equipment they either installed or removed from customer's homes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving each evening knowing you did the best you could.
Pros
Good benefits and a good warehouse crew to work with.
Cons
Too many technicians coming in at the same time causing confusion.
Vitel was a great place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milford, CT17 September 2013
While at Vitel Communications, I was not only able to round out my cable career, but was also able to become a better accountant.
Dont work here
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park Il15 June 2013
Worked at their call center in Machesney Park Il. The pay was very low only minimun wage which it shud have been more for what we did. Went fron working 40 hrs a week to 20 and then just got laid off without given a reason why. Got lied to like they were gonna call us back when they open another department that NEVER happened.They showed favortism to certain people who had senority. I would never go back to this job. Management also sucked..
Pros
Cons
Very LOW PAY, laid off without warning
Construction Tech
tech,lineman (Current Employee) –  detroit,mi14 May 2013
Working within the construction dept has been a good xpeience. management has been very helpful and the crews are great to work with. I have worked with many broadband construction companies and so far they are at the top and dont have to worry abouut the checks clearing.
4 stars and more here, apply within.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
needs more people
A Class "D" Employer. Run, do not walk away from this Firm.
Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  New Jersey7 March 2013
Limited executive/management support.
Freedom to think/work outside the box is not encouraged.
Number of supporting staff is inadequate - expectation is to do more with less.
Extremely long work hours. Very low compensation for the responsibility and time commitment expected. Health benefits are very underwhelming.
Hypocritical approach to the posted "Vitel Company Values". They talk a good game...
Definitely hard-core - profit driven. Executive management flexibility is non-existent. No concern for personal issues or down time.
Fear/Job Security is the primary means of motivation.
Pros
co-workers and existing support staff.
Cons
work hours. benefits. compensation. management support. asset exaggeration, profit above all else.
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD30 January 2013
Hardest part of the job was the long hours you had to put in. The co-workers I worked with were helpful with me as far as the training
productive and fun
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD5 April 2012
Ok job.. sometimes can be streesful...overall it could be a better work environment...if u are goin in as a tech..have experience..there training sucks
very unorganized, unprofessional, no leadership, and most of all no integrity having company
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJ9 March 2012
This company in my opinion is only still operational because of one reason and one reason only...surplus jobs. This company doesnt do quality work but has the money backing and fleet to handle many jobs overall. Most of the techs want to do perfect work but the company prefers more jobs over quality. The management is only temporary because employees constantly leave the company so there is always a cold heartless feeling because the co-worker you just met may be gone next week. Not to mention the favoritism that plagues the company is overpowering.
Pros
above average pay and allowable work hours
Cons
unorganized, no leadership, no integrity, only about the money company