VitalAire Canada is currently looking for a temp to casual Class 5 Medical Gas Driver for our Sydney, NS location. This position is the ongoing contact in patient care and medical institutions. The successful candidate will represent VitalAire, providing clients with supplies and service on an ongoing basis.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and maintains efficient delivery service of liquid oxygen, cylinder medical gases and respiratory equipment to patient’s residences and institutions
- Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use
- Ensures correct loading of vehicle by identifying product requirements for the day and loading product of material with compliance with safety and legislative requirements
- Maintains a safe vehicle; conditions and protects loads by complying with organization policies, procedures and highway rules & regulations
- Meets client’s goals and needs by delivering products accordingly to daily schedule and as committed
- Ensures proper maintenance and cleanliness of delivery vehicles
- Contributes to team effort by working with other members to achieve optimal client service
- Instructs clients in equipment operation and safety
- Appropriately completes documents as required for patient records and billing
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 drivers license with air brake endorsement
- Previous driving experience is an asset
- Experience with Transportation of Dangerous Goods is an asset
- Clean driver’s abstract & an ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Must be safety conscious and a strong team member
- Strong organization, problem-solving and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and able to work independently
- Reliable, self motivated and committed to high standards of service
We participate in equal opportunity employment. Interested candidates with the necessary qualifications can email their resume quoting “Driver – Sydney” in the subject line to be considered.
VitalAire Canada Inc, an Air Liquide (AL) subsidiary, has been a Canadian leader in homecare oxygen therapy, sleep therapies, and...