We are currently looking for full-time temporary Registered Respiratory Therapist – Sleep for our subsidiary Respiratory Therapy Specialists Inc at the St. John’s, NL location. The Registered Respiratory Therapist - Sleep initiates CPAP and BILEVEL therapy as prescribed, providing instruction and ensuring patient safety. The incumbent will work directly with Homecare clients, referral sources and funding agencies to deliver the highest level of patient care possible. The incumbent will also work to grow the CPAP business through promotion.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates client referrals to determine the most appropriate level of testing, conducting tests, evaluating test results and determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians
- Initiates treatment and provide patient with instructions about CPAP or BILEVEL treatment
- Provides appropriate follow-up to Clients to evaluate effects of treatment plan
- Identifies any discrepancies with respiratory therapy/treatment and brings them to the attention of the physician
- Communicates any additional respiratory therapy medications to appropriate caregiver and physician
- Continually evaluates the effectiveness of products and treatments given to clients
- Promotes products by suggesting related products and offer additional product information to assist customer needs
- Contributes to a safe working environment by participating in safety activities by cleaning and maintaining equipment as required
- Maintains and updates professional and technical knowledge by participating in professional societies and complying with applicable certification requirements
- Contributes to team effort by working with other members of health care team to achieve optimal client service, and on other teams as required
- Seeks to continuously improve the operation of the branch by evaluating processes and workflow, and participating in other quality improvement activities and training
- Facilitates payment by preparation of funding documents, and maintaining knowledge of funding systems
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Graduation from an accredited institution of Respiratory Therapy and licensed to practice with the provincial governing body
- 1 - 2 years of experience as an RRT with a focus on Sleep or CPAP therapy
- Excellent computer literacy with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates effective time-management skills and able to quickly make decisions in order to solve problems as required; ability to work independently
- Passion for patient care within your community
We participate in equal opportunity employment.
Interested candidates with the necessary qualifications can send their resume in confidence quoting "RRT-Sleep – St. John’s, NL" in the subject line to be considered.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
VitalAire Canada Inc, an Air Liquide (AL) subsidiary, has been a Canadian leader in homecare oxygen therapy, sleep therapies, and...