VitalAire is a part of the Air Liquide Group which has over 43,600 employees worldwide in 80 countries and has been a national leader in medical gases and respiratory services markets for over 40 years. We hold national accreditation status with the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation. www.vitalaire.com
To meet our growing respiratory therapy services VitalAire is actively recruiting a highly energetic and motivated full-time Inside Registered Respiratory Therapist for our Edmonton, AB location.
In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for answering escalated clinical calls from clients and referral sources; coaching and supporting the Customer Care Centre Representatives and advising and guiding Registered Respiratory Therapists in the field, in order to maintain the highest level of patient care possible. The incumbent will carry out all responsibilities while promoting VitalAire's safety and quality practices.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and processes referrals and prescriptions from physicians and other Health Care Professionals to provide respiratory services to Homecare clients as required
- Responds to escalated inquiries regarding all respiratory and positive airway pressure equipment; ensures written or faxed prescriptions are on file and that consent is obtained
- Reviews clinical files; liaises with Funding Agencies on clinical issues to investigate and resolve rejected funding applications
- Provides clinical guidance to the Regional Quality and Funding Co-ordinators in order to obtain funding for clients
- Advises clients of options when converting from funded to private pay
- Responds to Oxygen, Respiratory, CPAP and all related clinical services inquiries; contributes to the growth of VitalAire by liaising with medical professionals, providing information/literature to prospective clients, and providing remote training of VitalAire's products and services to clients
- Contributes to team effort by providing assistance to and working with other members of the health care team to achieve optimal client service; assists in Customer Care Centre development by providing information and conduct clinical and technical in-service training, coaching and support
- Seeks to continuously improve the operation of the Alberta and Prairie regions by providing in-services, evaluating processes and workflow, and participating in other quality improvement activities
- Complies with applicable certification requirements by researching, studying and circulating existing and new legislation, information and clinical training opportunities; promotes adherence to requirements, and makes recommendations to management throughout the region
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Graduation from an accredited institution of Respiratory Therapy and licensed to practice with CARTA
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a Homecare or hospital setting; strong cardio-respiratory assessment skills
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence
- Excellent computer literacy with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook; working knowledge of AS400
- Demonstrates effective time-management skills and able to quickly make decisions in order to solve problems as required
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and as part of a team
Advantages of working for VitalAire?
- Competitive salary, vacation and performance based pay increases
- Competitive benefit package
- Company RRSP contributions
- Standard working hours
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employment Assistance Program
- Successful and stable, industry leader
We participate in equal opportunity employment.
Indeed - 6 months ago
VitalAire Canada Inc, an Air Liquide (AL) subsidiary, has been a Canadian leader in homecare oxygen therapy, sleep therapies, and...