Full Time Delivery Driver
VitalAire Canada Inc.
Our success has come from providing superior service through highly motivated people. At VitalAire you will have a job that has IMPACT.
VitalAire is a leader in home oxygen therapy, sleep apnea programs and CPAP treatment from coast to coast. Our 40 years of experience, 90 locations, 800 employees and national accreditation status with the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation assures quality programs and unsurpassed service.
VitalAire is a part of the Air Liquide Group which has over 50,000 employees worldwide in 80 countries and has been a national leader in medical gases and respiratory services markets for over 40 years.
Looking for a Challenge?
VitalAire is seeking exceptional talent to join in our commitment to making VitalAire an even better place to work. If you are looking for somewhere you can assist in driving positive change and would like to help move VitalAire one step closer to being an employer of choice – look no further. We have Competitive Spirit and We Play to Win. Opportunities for growth and recognition are available at all levels for those people who are engaged and committed to accelerating positive results.
Advantages of working for VitalAire?
- Competitive salary, vacation and performance based pay increases
- Competitive benefit package & company RRSP contributions
- Standard working hours for better work/life balance
- Tuition reimbursement & Career Development programs
- Employment Assistance Program
- Successful and stable, industry leader
Are you ready to get on-board?
We are currently looking for a full time Class 3 Driver for our Edmonton location. This position delivers medical gas equipment to homecare patients and medical institutions. The successful candidate will represent VitalAire, providing clients with medical gas supplies and service on an ongoing basis while adhering to safety policies and procedures. Delivering around Greater Edmonton, Monday to Friday, 8 hour day shifts, no overnights!
- Establishes and maintains efficient delivery service of liquid oxygen, cylinder medical gases and respiratory equipment to patient’s residences and institutions
- Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use
- Ensures correct loading of vehicle by identifying product requirements for the day and loading product of material with compliance with safety and legislative requirements
- Maintains a safe vehicle; conditions and protects loads by complying with organization policies, procedures and highway rules & regulations
- Meets client’s goals and needs by delivering products accordingly to daily schedule and as committed
- Ensures proper maintenance and cleanliness of delivery vehicles
- Contributes to team effort by working with other members to achieve optimal client service
- Instructs clients in equipment operation and safety
- Appropriately completes documents as required for patient records and billing
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 3 drivers license with air brake endorsement
- Previous driving experience required, along with a clean driver’s abstract
- Experience with Transportation of Dangerous Goods is an asset
- Strong physical abilities – will be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be safety conscious and a strong team member
- Strong organization, problem-solving and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and able to work independently
- Reliable, self motivated and committed to high standards of service
- Ability to provide after hours service to clients by participating in shared on call rotational schedule
- Be willing and able to obtain a Criminal Check including Vulnerable Sector Screening
We participate in equal opportunity employment.