VitalAire Healthcare, an Air Liquide (AL) affiliate, has been a national leader in homecare oxygen therapy and respiratory services for over 40 years holding national accreditation status with the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation.
To meet our growing business needs, VitalAire is actively recruiting for a highly energetic and motivated full time Bilingual Purchasing Agent for our Mississauga Head Office.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for processing Purchase Orders in the ERP system and managing effective delivery to suppliers by applying frame agreements' terms and conditions, pricing and delivery terms within the assigned Category. The incumbent will carry out responsibilities while promoting VitalAire's safety and quality practices.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Purchases products and services for the assigned Category which may include Medical Gas Systems, Professional Services, Medical Gas Products, Gas Bulk Tanks, engineering, Homecare, Hospital, Office Equipment, MRO and other goods or services as required
- Receives and reviews approved requisitions for completeness and appropriate delivery information. Prepares and issues purchase orders with selected suppliers using the applicable correct terms and conditions. Reconciles invoice discrepancies with Accounts Payable and vendors.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the internal customer and the supplier. Resolves in a timely and effective manner all after-sales non conformities (invoices on hold, delivery errors, defective material and delays). Prepares and maintains detailed records of supplier performance / corrective actions. Obtains vendor return authorizations and facilitates product returns while ensuring supplies compliance.
- Solicits quotations from multiple vendors (RFQs). Participates in the analysis of commercial and technical responses from product and service suppliers. Reviews current and potential opportunities with group members. Promotes competitive bidding.
- Provides internal support by maintaining appropriate contact with internal customers so as to be involved early in the procurement process. Assists with expediting on critical path purchase orders for improved service and project management. Demonstrates a high degree of service orientation. Cooperates with multifunctional teams to continuously improve the purchasing.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Completed secondary school degree or diploma and 1 - 2 years of experience in procurement, supply chain or project management
- Fully bilingual in French and English is a must
- Strong customer service skills with an ability to solve problems in a professional and friendly manner
- Proficiency with MS Office (specifically Excel) and experience in AS400 is an asset
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while working in a team environment
We participate in equal opportunity employment. Interested candidates with the necessary qualifications can send their resume in confidence quoting “Bilingual Purchasing Agent - Mississauga” in the subject line to be considered.
Indeed - 21 months ago
VitalAire Canada Inc, an Air Liquide (AL) subsidiary, has been a Canadian leader in homecare oxygen therapy, sleep therapies, and...