Are you looking to make a difference in the work you do? Do you want your fingerprints and name attached to something you created? Are you looking for a place where the kind of work you do, you would never compromise on or sacrifice extra time for? People come to Vital Insights to take risks, learn something new and want their work to mean something and mean something so big that they wouldn’t want to go anywhere else. If this sounds like you, welcome to Vital Insights!
Every day, the team at Vital Insights strives to be the best customer experience management company in the world. And our leaders know that in order to get there, we need to stack our team with the world’s best talent; the most passionate and driven people. If you want in on the excitement that is growing in our offices with every passing minute, this is your time – today is your day. We are looking for an incredibly talented Software Developer to join our growing team at our global headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
This position is responsible for .NET and/or Java development on a variety of initiatives for our Foresight™ application platform. As with the junior and intermediate roles, the senior developer is responsible for the interpretation of technical specifications, code development, managing tasks, and ensure that testing and documentation are completed prior to deployment. In addition to the qualifications for a Software Developer II, this role requires extensive advanced development experience. It also requires the management and leadership of complex development projects. As the most senior development role on the team, this role acts as a leadership/role-model for all other developers.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Active participation in the development and review of technical specifications.
- Development and debugging of .NET code using Microsoft Visual Studio tools.
- Keep track of tasks and deadlines.
- Authoring of technical documentation.
- Ensuring all code is checked-in/out via repository.
- Perform unit testing.
- Participate in cross-functional code walkthroughs/reviews.
- Work in an independent manner, providing regular updates and status.
- Ownership and responsibility of tasks from start to finish.
- Act as lead on more complex development initiatives, coordinating tasks and providing direction and coaching to other developers.
- Participates in and documents the analysis/design of new product upgrades and roll-outs.
- Works directly with business account managers to develop estimations and provide status updates for initiatives.
- Present options and recommendations to Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related study.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong and demonstrated desire to develop positive client relationships.
- Excellent and proven organizational skills and prioritization best practices.
- Ability to work independently, following a weekly activity plan.
- Comfortable with communicating to management in a collaborative environment.
- Interpretation and input into technical specifications.
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates for coding efforts.
- Demonstrated passion to take on new challenges in a fast changing environment.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Vital Insight, Inc. was founded in 2005 by Enterprise Risk Management experts and visionary software architects with a single goal - to help...