BENEFITS ANALYST – VITAL BENEFITS INC.
Vital Benefits is a multi-faceted organization that helps corporations, executive groups and individuals with insurance, group benefits and pensions.
The Benefits Analyst will support the consultant(s) in managing client accounts.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
Analysis and Reporting
- Interface with service providers for the collection, analysis and interpretation of life, disability and health care data
- Develop awareness of life, disability and health care plan design, cost factors and help senior consultant prepare for the renewal process
- Prepare renewals and experience reports using Vital Benefits renewal and reporting tools
- Review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns
- Prepare benefits marketing specifications and compile data and results from insurer proposals
- Prepare ad-hoc deliverables including analysis of benchmarking data, benefit cost comparisons, budget projections, etc.
- Schedule kick-off meetings for renewals and experience reports
- Liaise with service providers to ensure adherence to project deliverables
- Regularly read benefits related periodicals (e.g., Benefits Canada), attend vendor information sessions in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients
- Participate in education, training, etc., relevant to current or desired roles at Vital Benefits
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- BA/BS degree in math, statistics, economics, business, finance or liberal arts
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a group benefits environment
- CEBS designation would be an asset
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills; strong command of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and on a team
Indeed - 12 months ago