VS Visual Statement is looking for a Software Developer! This position is full-time and in Kamloops, BC.
Your role will be as part of the Solutions Delivery Team, reporting to the Manager, Solutions Delivery.
The Solutions Delivery Team is responsible for providing support, development and design services to our existing customers as well as new ones. This is primarily centered on existing products which are in place and changes / improvements / fixes that are required to those products.
Identifying moving pieces and understanding relationships between various components of software, client side and server side, is integral for this position. The successful candidate will possess top-notch troubleshooting skills and powers of deduction. He or she should be able to examine a foreign environment and discern the important information so that a solution can be identified and created.
The environment you will be working in is fast paced and deadline-driven. The successful applicant will work very well independently but get along exceedingly well with the rest of the team. You must be organized and focussed as it’s very easy to get distracted with so much going on. You should value feedback and recognize the importance of making mistakes and learning from them. You’re not afraid to ask questions and would prefer to do the job right rather than guess. You don’t require constant supervision and prefer to meet deadlines because you believe in them, not because your manager asks you to.
The following are qualifications which you must/should possess if you are to be successful:
Tools (These are the tools you will be using!)
- Visual Studio 2010
- Visual Studio 2003
- SQL Server 2008
- MSMQ (not required but experience an asset)
- VPN Utilities (not required but experience an asset)
- TFS Source Control (not required but experience an asset)
Languages PRIMARY (These are required for the job)
- MS SQL
- C# .Net 1.1
- C# .Net 2.0
- C# .Net 4.0
Languages SECONDARY (Knowledge of these is an asset!)
Other Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Understanding of SOAP web services
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation.
- Work with end users directly on some issues.
- Analyze and provide consultation feedback on new projects as necessary so management can make informed decisions.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English.
- Ability to collaborate with team and stakeholders to derive options and solutions to problems.
- Strong analysis, problems solving, design, and troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or diploma and 3+ years related industry experience or certificate and 5+ years related industry experience.
- Experience working in a production environment for a software development company an asset.
- Regular work hours are 8am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday. Some flexibility is permitted at certain times to work non-standard hours.
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- Stock options
- Profit sharing
- Generous vacation packages
- One of the best views in the city
VS Visual Statement Inc. is one of the leading software developers of diagramming and reporting software for law enforcement and private forensic investigators. Our diagramming flagship product (FX) is widely used by officers and private individuals for crash and crime scene analysis. Our field reporting software (ReportBeam) is used by hundreds of agencies including many state-wide deployments.
VS Visual Statement is a Trimble Company. Though best known for GPS technology, Trimble integrates a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions. Its integrated solutions allow customers to collect, manage and analyze complex information faster and easier, making them more productive, efficient and profitable.
Trimble products are used in over 141 countries around the world. Employees in more than 30 countries, coupled with a highly capable network of dealers and distribution partners serve and support our customers.
For over 34 years, Trimble has created unique positioning products that help customers grow their business. Our portfolio includes over 1,800 patents and serves as the basis for the broadest positioning offerings in the industry. Trimble augments its organic product development with strategic acquisitions to bring the latest positioning technologies to a wider market.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter (if applicable) to:
Manager, Solutions Delivery
VS Visual Statement Inc.
jalain at visualstatement dot com
or visit: http://www.visualstatement.com/en/Corporate/Careers.aspx for more information on this job opportunity.
Start date would likely be sometime in August of 2013. This posting will remain until this position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
On behalf of VS Visual Statement and Trimble, we thank you for your interest and wish you good luck!