Vista Projects Employee Reviews in Canada

A great place to work.... When times are good.
Process Piping Drafter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 20, 2016
After being recently laid-off by Vista, it's hard to be all smiles and giggles about this company, but the fact is, the only reason I did get released was because of the low price of oil, and the continually diminishing amount of work in the EPC world.

They treated me fair, they have a really good management system, and people working for them. They paid attention to the welfare and happiness of their employees, and stressed a desire to be cost effective to their clients, yet delivering the highest quality workmanship possible.

I would have no problems working for them again, and / or recommending them to anyone, when the price of oil returns to respectable levels.
Pros
Competitive wages / employee recognition
Cons
diminishing work due to the low oil commodities market
good place to work
Windows server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
As a desktop support analyst I would support 100 users with day to day break fix issues. I also ordered new equipment from vendors such as HP, IBM, VMware. Ensure testing of new equipment in test lab before deployment. Minding the ticket QUE and assigning to different departments. Going to the co-location for weekly visits and deploying Windows patches out on the network using WSUS.
Pros
travel
Cons
no gas milage
Great Place to work at
Project Engineer (P.Eng) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 25, 2015
Team is very productive and efficient. Colleagues are positive and supportive. Projects are very interesting and enjoyable to work on.
Family Oriented Working Envirinment
Document Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2015
Vista Projects was my first real taste of how a professional environment should be. Working at Vista was like being part of a family you really wanted to succeed in. I enjoyed all the opportunities Vista gave me and how I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
IT not up to snuff
Intermediate Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2015
While I enjoyed working with the staff, our rooms were not heated properly, and I was freezing all the time. I also had to work in a crowded environment, so had trouble concentrating. Due to lack of listening to me by the IT department, I wasted a lot of hours waiting for them to do their job, which I asked them to do with plenty of warning (one weeks notice to save files to a different location, before I got locked out). Then they got perturbed because I got mad and yelled at them. Me showing up for work for a week with no access to files was a waste of my time, as I was a contractor, and not paid for those hours.
Hardest part of the job was trying to do my work without access to proper files.
Pros
free coffee and water
Cons
freezing cold office
A place to hone skills
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2014
A place to grow technically; very competitive and busy working hours
Pros
learning curve
Cons
internal affairs
Good
Professional Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2013
Good. People were in general friendly. Supervisor was knowledgeable.
Fast and growing engineering firm
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2013
Half day Fridays are great. In general, there is a great work/life balance. Good team dynamic.

A fast paced environment. Non-hierarchical.

Nice big computer screens...great coffee.
Pros
normal hours, coffee and snacks are provided on a daily basis, fun events outside of work
Great Culture to Encourage Career Growth
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2013
Vista is a great company to work for. There are many aspects that I really like about Vista:
- Vista has always been generous in total compensation; I think this promotes a strong work ethic within the group thereby providing excellent value to the client
- Vista promotes a good work / life balance as well as promoting an enjoyable and healthy atmosphere. Vista does this by working half day Fridays, having an additional vacation purchase program, providing weekly healthy snacks, and having company sponsored employee and family events. My favorite is the annual Founding Day party at the Zoo for employees and their families!
- One of the biggest reasons I like working for Vista is that fast paced environment. There is always something to learn or improve upon and, with lots of opportunities for growth and career advancement, I never get bored with my work!
Pros
exciting projects, fun environment, great compensation & benefits
Cons
lots of work!
This place has got an excellent combination of professionalism, passion, drive, accountability...and life-work balance!
Process engineer (Current Employee) –  calgary, ABApril 30, 2013
I felt at home here right from the first day I got here....and I'm still enjoying it :)
Great Values, Excellent Culture, and Generally a lot of fun!
Document Control (Current Employee) –  CentronApril 29, 2013
Vista is a fantastic place to work. They value family and support a work life balance, they have a very diverse culture that they like to showcase at Monthly Mixers, and they just like to have fun! There are so many extra events that they host that help build great teams.
Pros
monthly mixers, sports teams, work life balance
Vista Projects is a great company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  CalgaryApril 29, 2013
I came to work at Vista Projects because they are a mid-sized company that is growing in an exciting field. This is a place that you can easily access senior leaders, get to know all your colleagues and it offers lots of challenging work. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a rewarding environment where they can grow, learn, be challenged but also be recognized for their efforts.
Pros
the people i work with are great!
Cons
fast paced environment
Plenty of challenging and rewarding opportunities
Corporate Communications (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaApril 17, 2013
Vista is a fast-paced work environment and a growing company very much focused on developing their people. There are numerous opportunities to learn from experienced colleagues, get involved in interesting projects, and socialize with coworkers outside of work.
Pros
half-day fridays and monthly mixers

4.2