VISIONS OF INDEPENDENCE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
its an alright place to work
Residential Coordinator / Facility Manager (Former Employee), winnipeg manitobaOctober 23, 2015
Pros: all meals are eaten with the clients, creating/finding fun activities everyone will enjoy
Cons: either your friends with head office or they try to get rid of you
great place to work with individuals with disabilities. they have great hours, and alright pay. the only downside is the office politics and gossip.. its also seems to be becoming more of a family and friends get hired, regardless of peoples qualifications or not. and if your in with the head office your in good standings, but if your not they try to get rid of you. the clients with in voi are amazing individuals and make working there so much fun. if you can keep your work solely on the individuals and don't get mixed in with the gossip its a good place to work.
Fast paced workplace with great staff and clients
Residential Manager and Residential Support Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 27, 2013
Pros: fast paced environment and the clients
Cons: unpredictable (long hours)
Unpredictable and challenging, but made my days interesting at work. I had varying responsibilities, which included; scheduling, payroll, doing groceries, training staff, participating in second interviews, budgeting funds for clients and the home, facilitating monthly staff meetings, supporting the clients through daily routines; basically ensuring that the home run according to company standards.

I learned to be patient, prioritize and delegate duties, be team player, and lead by example.

Management: I was the middle man between upper management and staff in the home. This put me sometimes in an awkward position, but it was part of the job.

Co-workers: Most of them I learned from and could rely upon.

Hardest: Resigning from my position as Residential Manager, because it was hard to juggle both school and this job. Mostly saying goodbye to the clients and staff

Enjoyable: Seeing growth in the clients and staff members
Learning experience that me want this as a career
Residental Support Work (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free meals, learning experience
Cons: gossip, lack of care
At work, I start off by preparing dinner, and assisted the supported individuals with eating, and encouraging independence. I have realized that I really enjoy helping people and making a difference in their lives. I feel that the management is over worked, and do not have enough time to help their employees or are able to see which staff do not have the passion for the job. Some of the staff fall asleep on shift, and rely on the other staff to do all the work. I quite enjoy the look on the supported individuals faces when I come in to work, and making it fun. I love seeing them happy, and doing everything I can to make life as enjoyable as possible