VISIONS OF INDEPENDENCE Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
encourage them for independent as much as they can.
Direct Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 21, 2016
work under pressure
positive attitude
team player
encourage them for independence as much as thay can
activities of daily living
Pros
i always bring my own food
Cons
i stayed if they really need to after approved by manager.
its an alright place to work
Residential Coordinator / Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  winnipeg manitobaOctober 23, 2015
great place to work with individuals with disabilities. they have great hours, and alright pay. the only downside is the office politics and gossip.. its also seems to be becoming more of a family and friends get hired, regardless of peoples qualifications or not. and if your in with the head office your in good standings, but if your not they try to get rid of you. the clients with in voi are amazing individuals and make working there so much fun. if you can keep your work solely on the individuals and don't get mixed in with the gossip its a good place to work.
Pros
all meals are eaten with the clients, creating/finding fun activities everyone will enjoy
Cons
either your friends with head office or they try to get rid of you
Fast paced workplace with great staff and clients
Residential Manager and Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 27, 2013
Unpredictable and challenging, but made my days interesting at work. I had varying responsibilities, which included; scheduling, payroll, doing groceries, training staff, participating in second interviews, budgeting funds for clients and the home, facilitating monthly staff meetings, supporting the clients through daily routines; basically ensuring that the home run according to company standards.

I learned to be patient, prioritize and delegate duties, be team player, and lead by example.

Management: I was the middle man between upper management and staff in the home. This put me sometimes in an awkward position, but it was part of the job.

Co-workers: Most of them I learned from and could rely upon.

Hardest: Resigning from my position as Residential Manager, because it was hard to juggle both school and this job. Mostly saying goodbye to the clients and staff

Enjoyable: Seeing growth in the clients and staff members
Pros
fast paced environment and the clients
Cons
unpredictable (long hours)
Learning experience that me want this as a career
Residental Support Work (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 18, 2012
At work, I start off by preparing dinner, and assisted the supported individuals with eating, and encouraging independence. I have realized that I really enjoy helping people and making a difference in their lives. I feel that the management is over worked, and do not have enough time to help their employees or are able to see which staff do not have the passion for the job. Some of the staff fall asleep on shift, and rely on the other staff to do all the work. I quite enjoy the look on the supported individuals faces when I come in to work, and making it fun. I love seeing them happy, and doing everything I can to make life as enjoyable as possible
Pros
free meals, learning experience
Cons
gossip, lack of care