Fun place to work. Young, growing company with great potential
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) – Vancouver, BC – 14 February 2014
It seems to me a lot of the negative reviews here are from disgruntled employees. I've been here for several months now and find that the company can be disorganized due to their youth. So if you're looking for a rigidly structured company with policies in place, this isn't the company for you.
HOWEVER, if you come in with a go-getter attitude, there's lots to learn and a lot you can achieve from working at a company such at Vision.
All in all, a positive working experience so far for me.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) – Vancouver, BC – 10 July 2013
Absolutely horrendous working environment. I was there as a marketing intern but left within weeks. Most of the money is funneled into the marketing team, but the marketing management is useless.
1) Marketing Manager lacks any technical skills. Very old, does not have skills - relies on automated processes. Doesn't do much either.
2) Marketing Coordinator - INSECURE - will do anything to keep his job ( i mean anything)- and spends most of his time on fb and does not have any marketing experience...was out the whole day one day at a bar?
3) Marketing Assistant - he was okay, did not get to know him much, but was okay
4) From what I heard they paid minimum BARE minimum, they do not have any HR policies and did not care when I asked to leave the company.
They like to not pay their interns and try to get away with it.
Former employee (Former Employee) – Vancouver, BC – 18 February 2013
A couple people are running the show. A female employee? Forget it. At a glance it all looks great, but it won't take you a week to figure out:
- a poisonous culture - there is no real team/managers, but only individuals who talk - if you are not a favorite of the executive team you will be isolated - No job security. After lay-offs, you hear all the bad things about the employees, not the bad people's talent management - this organization is tiny, but in a massive mass - No HR strategy or planning - do community events just to take photos and put them up online - some are rude and vindictive - very poorly managed
poor management, poor communication, no job security