Vision Express

Vision Express Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
best work place
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGFebruary 19, 2015
vision express is a really nice company to work for,the company have grate standarts and they care about a lot about them coustumers ad workeres,everybody have the same rights and the team work its amazing !
calm and quick paced
Lab Manager and Optical Assistant (Current Employee), AyrJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly environment to work in
Cons: not enough help to move up in my chosen career path
A typical days work for myself can range from spending a full day engaging with the patients, from booking in tests, to carrying out their initial health screening or helping them to find a frame to suit their needs.
I also work in the lab, making patients glasses. including cutting and surfacing lenses to the assembly of the frames.
During my time in my post, I have achieved my gold level qualifications in both lab and retail.
I feel I have a good working relationship with co-workers, and have
been told they find me very approachable if they require help or guidance, I enjoy being able to provide this if and when required.
I find the hardest part of my current job is not being able to always give my patients their frames when required, e.g. when there is no optician in.
The part of my job I find most enjoyable is engaging with patients from all different backgrounds, gaining a bit of knowledge about them and helping to meet their needs in any way that I can, be it from helping occupy a child while their parent receives their tests to advising patients on the information they require about their frames, or the brand of frames, or lenses.
EVERY DAY WAS FUN AND JOY ON THE OFFICE CAFETERIA
senior operation in charge (Former Employee), pune ,maharastra. indiaDecember 21, 2014
Pros: on sunday
Cons: the co time was 09am to 07pm 2 hrs overtime 7pm to 9pm
WHEN THE WORK STARTS I FOCUS ON TARGET GIVEN TO ME AND I HAVE ACHIVE THAT POINTS IT WAS VERY TUFF FIRST DAY BUT IF U HAVE STRONG WILL POWER WORLD IS YOUR.

I LEARNED TO PLAIN MY WORK OR TARGET GIVEN BY COPMANY ,DO TRY MY BEST TO ACHIVE IT

To make delivery of the load at time and keep co ordination with
the delivery agent time to time .Generate manifest hard and soft copy, To make sure that load is properly shorted area wise and pin code wise

THERE WAS A TEAM WORK WITH MY CO TEAM AND THE ADMIN PEOPLES WERE VERY CO OPERATIVE AND HONEST IN WORK

TO MAKE THE TEAM WORK ON SUNDAY

BETWEEN 2 TO 3 PM WHEN THEIR WAS LUNCH BREAK, IN THE BACK OFFICE THERE WAS FUN TECH GAME OF 15 MIN EVERY DAY
Main focus on customer service and quality. It is a interesting and challenging place to work
Manager (Former Employee), LondonOctober 23, 2014
Responsible for all aspects in the store, from hiring and training staff, rotas, serving customers and driving sales.
The people are professional, work extremely hard and always aim to put the customer first.
Work Experience
Optical Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGOctober 5, 2014
Pros: be the first contact with the public, able to help customers, make people happy and satisfied
I enjoyed spending two weeks with the Vision Express team in Harborne. It gave me an insight into the day to day work of an optical assistant. I was the first contact with customers which was great. It enabled me to develop people skills. It also helped me understand what it is like to have a daily job within the field of my interests. I learned how to communicate with customers face to face or even on the phone. I also learned how to handle customer orders. My colleagues were very helpful and understanding. They helped me to become part of the team and to be able to do the daily routine of working within the store. To be honest there was nothing that I found very difficult so, there was no part of the job that was the hardest. The most enjoyable part was getting the opportunity to be able to work with the team and become a part of it.
Rewarding in-store experience
Optical Assistant (Current Employee), Westbury on Trym, BristolAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free prescription eye-wear and other discounts
The small Vision Express practice I work for has been an insightful and rewarding re-introduction into retail for me. The manager has been a respectful and patient guide, and the other team memebers are friendly and down to earth. The job has been much more than retail-based however: I have learned new sets of technical and customer service-based skills, which I hope to carry into any further employment.
productivity and learning
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free eye camp
Cons: reaching are target
It was a optical industries or i can say para medical i was working as store manager my team was of 5 that is 5+1, i was responsible for each matter which goes in the store and my team members was reporting to me ,
I learned a lot as it was a optical industry i learned about lenses ,eye problems, how was eyes test done how to treat a customer and advice him/her accordingly , we used to do free eye camps we were trained to give lenses according to the customer his or her problem , we had certified opts.,
Management was really good as we were working in SAP which was new to me in those days and learned even lot by using that software, we used keep are store updated by stock, book work and even by all formalities which was necessary , we used to see to it that no shrinkage in store and be the best store compare to other store as we had competition within our stores the company was rating and giving best complement to who had preformed best ,
My co-workers were very supportive and positive always in the attitude of sales field and behavior they were the main sales achiever were i will always complement them for their hard work and honesty they never let me down or not supportive in any situation the growth of the store and team was high due to them .
My hardest part of the job was working for 14 hours as i had a daughter who was aging around 1 yrs in that time and i was unable to concentrate on her that was the reason i dropped my paper down
The most enjoyable part of the job we were challenging with team to each other to achieve or daily target and treating within us so it was a challenge and enjoyment
Family Oriented
Safety & Human Resource Director/Payroll & Billing (Current Employee), Uhrichsville, OHJuly 31, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: no benefits
At Vision Express you are more than a number, they know your name and family is top priority.
Busy store and good team work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Abbeycentre BelfastJuly 29, 2014
i open the store and ensure all staff are up to date with checking the appointments for the day
I check shop floor and stock for presentation
I check requests and emails from central office
I attend to customers and complete sales
I enjoy seeing customers happy with their purchases and also returning for further purchases

The hardest part is dealing with staff who are under performing. though I try to manage by encouragement as I feel staff respond best this way.
Casual yet beneficial experience
Optical Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ENGJuly 9, 2014
Working at Vision Express taught me a lot about working and dealing with many different types of people. When working in a retail position it can be easy to interact with as few customers as possible. However, working at Vision Express meant I had to approach and engage each customer individually, which meant they received a much better customer experience and I gained a great enhancement on a range of personal skills. The team at Vision Express in Windsor are always friendly and were a good team to work with, especially as this was my first job.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Associate Retail (Former Employee), Bicester, ENGMay 30, 2014
I began work on a voluntary basis, on Saturdays, to gain experience of a working environment. My hours were increased a year later, which allowed me to integrate myself fully into the team. I progressed within a short time, from mastering dispensing to customers to exceeding the weekly sales targets. With Saturdays being the busiest day of the week, my day was demanding and immensely satisfying. I learned to work under pressure and prioritise. Another task was updating the database accurately. I advised customers on a regular basis and positive customer feedback was a testament to my excellent customer service skills. I quickly developed a rapport with my colleagues as we had to work as a team. My problem solving skills have developed as a result of having to deal with difficult scenarios efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my role was customer satisfaction and a job well done.
A productive day at work
Optical associate (Current Employee), Castle Mall NorwichMay 7, 2014
Pros: good team, discount free specatcles/ eye tests
Cons: working sundays and short staffed so often work extra hours and with no regular breaks
I enjoy working with the general public and meeting a wide range of customers.
I am target driven and enjoy aiming to achieve set targets of the day and consider myself competitive and aim to achieve the highest sales.
I enjoy working within a team and feel a good team is important to achieving set goals by working together and supporting your colleagues to ensure good morale within the team.
I am passionate about delivering great customer service and the need to treat each customer individually and listening to the customers needs to ensure correct product is recommended and sold accordingly to customer needs.
A big part of my day is ensure all incoming calls/enquires are answered promptly also ensuring all appointments for the following day are confirmed before the end of the day. Web bookings also followed up and completed.
It is important to communicate with your colleagues and share the work load.
I enjoy the "one to one" with customers.
In my previous experiences as a retail manger I feel it is important to lead by example and set high standards working to company K.P.I's.
I am a good communicator and enjoy coaching and training staff.
awsome work place
Sales executive (Current Employee), puneApril 6, 2014
I have enjoyed my tenure here and my learning experience has been immense from each one of you and the organization.
Nice small office
Ocean import Agent (Former Employee), Los AngeledJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: boss was sweet
Cons: no potential to grow
Good people nice company.

small company.

was great working in an open are.

made a great friend.
excellent company
Lab technician duties (Former Employee), wokingDecember 13, 2013
Excellent Company would love to go back there, left due to personal circumstances
Family atmosphere
Truck Driver- CDL class A (Current Employee), Uhrichsville, OHNovember 8, 2013
Pros: local driving, home every night...family atmosphere
Cons: older equipment and no benefits
I like my current job but would like to have more benefits, I want to keep my options open.
Great company
Store Director (Former Employee), Lancaster, ENGNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free glasses
Cons: long hours
Positive managers
Great customer service
full training given in house
Fun workplace
Customer adviser (Former Employee), Stratford-upon-Avon, ENGNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: quiet store
Work/Life balance wasnt too bad, except as its retail had to work every saturday!!
Great and enjoyable place to work
Management are great
Good Work Place
Showroom Manager (Former Employee), ChennaiOctober 11, 2013
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: 10.00 to 9.00
Vision express is the part of reliance retail and join venture with Europe largest retail chain the working atmosphere is good and independent i had learned lot about optical feild and the co workers are most supportive and helpfull we conduct eyecamp in corporate and in and around our areawhere all the workers will give good support.
Is a great company to work for
Optical Assistant (Current Employee), Chester, ENGOctober 1, 2013
Pros: we gat a free pair of glasses every year
Cons: working sundays
Typical day in work is once open we advise patients that there glasses are ready Do pre tests on patients attending for their apptointments. We have a nice team in store everybody gets along with everybody and are always willing to help out when needed. There isnt really a hard part to the job i enjoy every aspect of it. Most enjoyable part is patients helping them choose their glasses