Vision Express

Vision Express Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NO DAY IS EVER THE SAME
Optical Assistant (Current Employee), Epsom, ENGJune 26, 2015
Pros: vouchers for money of eyewear for friends and family
Cons: busy enviroment
The day to day life in vision express is never the same ... you advise the clinics for the next day letting patients know of there appointments.. answer the phones - booking appointments. helping other stores out etc,
pre screening patients before they go into there appointment.
then helping the patients with choosing new glasses etc.
the job is rewarding but hard work .
Poor pay, Poor Management
Optical lab technician (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGJune 19, 2015
Pros: I made a lot of good friends
Cons: Poor pay and poor management
Poor pay and the management spent more time trying to demotivate you instead of trying to motivate you. There was a lack of training and the chances to move up in the companies were limited .
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Warehouse (Current Employee), NottinghamJune 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: hard work
A normal work day is eight hours doing picking or packing or put a way. I've learned to use the system SAP and my co-workers are teaching me to improve my english.
The hardest part of the job is when the order that week is too big and I need to do overtime.
I can say that my work day is funny, my co-workers are very friendly.
productive
TRAINEE APPRENTICE (Former Employee), Luton, ENGJune 12, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours and a short break
I would go in and the manager would tell me the duties for the day. typically on a day to day basis i would ring customers and remind them of their upcoming appointments. Also things like dealing with customers, serving them, booking appointments and helping them with choosing the glasses these are the typical roles i would do. I enjoined interacting with customers.
was a good place to work.
Lab Production Technician (Former Employee), Dunfermline, SCTMay 17, 2015
Pros: stedy wage
In my time there vision express has changed a lot. the biggest factor determining the working environment is the manager of the store. I have had both good and bad.
Productive and Enjoyable
Sales advisor, Store trainer and Lab (Former Employee), milton keynesMay 10, 2015
Pros: Lab and salary
Cons: No Lab towards the end of my employment
Dealing with customers face to face or by telephone. Carrying out contact lens teaches, working in different areas such as Lab, Shop Floor, etc. I was fortunate to undertake a wide variety of training with the company such as Oakley, Sunglasses and, Lens products. With this knowledge I was the store trainer and supported new members of staff with company products.
The management where very supportive with all members of staff and supported us with reach targets, any customer problems and achieving our own personal targets. One of the hardest parts of my job with the company was when the full lab was closed as we where unable to offer a full service to the customer. However one of the most enjoyable parts was learning all about the different products, training opportunities, the lab and benefits.
productive
Optical Production technician (Current Employee), Basildon, ENGApril 1, 2015
A very hands on job,
Learned to produce high quality jobs and to approach customers with a professional attitude,
Sometimes the job can be challenging but the training you receive helps you over come them.
When you interact with patients, its good to have a laugh and make them feel welcome.
its very comfortable
optometrist (Current Employee), bangaloreFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: no, not yet
Cons: yes
the working way, the environment is excellent & safe.i have learned so many thing like technical, customer care support and experience from company.
best work place
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGFebruary 19, 2015
vision express is a really nice company to work for,the company have grate standarts and they care about a lot about them coustumers ad workeres,everybody have the same rights and the team work its amazing !
calm and quick paced
Lab Manager and Optical Assistant (Current Employee), AyrJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly environment to work in
Cons: not enough help to move up in my chosen career path
A typical days work for myself can range from spending a full day engaging with the patients, from booking in tests, to carrying out their initial health screening or helping them to find a frame to suit their needs.
I also work in the lab, making patients glasses. including cutting and surfacing lenses to the assembly of the frames.
During my time in my post, I have achieved my gold level qualifications in both lab and retail.
I feel I have a good working relationship with co-workers, and have
been told they find me very approachable if they require help or guidance, I enjoy being able to provide this if and when required.
I find the hardest part of my current job is not being able to always give my patients their frames when required, e.g. when there is no optician in.
The part of my job I find most enjoyable is engaging with patients from all different backgrounds, gaining a bit of knowledge about them and helping to meet their needs in any way that I can, be it from helping occupy a child while their parent receives their tests to advising patients on the information they require about their frames, or the brand of frames, or lenses.
EVERY DAY WAS FUN AND JOY ON THE OFFICE CAFETERIA
senior operation in charge (Former Employee), pune ,maharastra. indiaDecember 21, 2014
Pros: on sunday
Cons: the co time was 09am to 07pm 2 hrs overtime 7pm to 9pm
WHEN THE WORK STARTS I FOCUS ON TARGET GIVEN TO ME AND I HAVE ACHIVE THAT POINTS IT WAS VERY TUFF FIRST DAY BUT IF U HAVE STRONG WILL POWER WORLD IS YOUR.

I LEARNED TO PLAIN MY WORK OR TARGET GIVEN BY COPMANY ,DO TRY MY BEST TO ACHIVE IT

To make delivery of the load at time and keep co ordination with
the delivery agent time to time .Generate manifest hard and soft copy, To make sure that load is properly shorted area wise and pin code wise

THERE WAS A TEAM WORK WITH MY CO TEAM AND THE ADMIN PEOPLES WERE VERY CO OPERATIVE AND HONEST IN WORK

TO MAKE THE TEAM WORK ON SUNDAY

BETWEEN 2 TO 3 PM WHEN THEIR WAS LUNCH BREAK, IN THE BACK OFFICE THERE WAS FUN TECH GAME OF 15 MIN EVERY DAY
Main focus on customer service and quality. It is a interesting and challenging place to work
Manager (Former Employee), LondonOctober 23, 2014
Responsible for all aspects in the store, from hiring and training staff, rotas, serving customers and driving sales.
The people are professional, work extremely hard and always aim to put the customer first.
Work Experience
Optical Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGOctober 5, 2014
Pros: be the first contact with the public, able to help customers, make people happy and satisfied
I enjoyed spending two weeks with the Vision Express team in Harborne. It gave me an insight into the day to day work of an optical assistant. I was the first contact with customers which was great. It enabled me to develop people skills. It also helped me understand what it is like to have a daily job within the field of my interests. I learned how to communicate with customers face to face or even on the phone. I also learned how to handle customer orders. My colleagues were very helpful and understanding. They helped me to become part of the team and to be able to do the daily routine of working within the store. To be honest there was nothing that I found very difficult so, there was no part of the job that was the hardest. The most enjoyable part was getting the opportunity to be able to work with the team and become a part of it.
Rewarding in-store experience
Optical Assistant (Current Employee), Westbury on Trym, BristolAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free prescription eye-wear and other discounts
The small Vision Express practice I work for has been an insightful and rewarding re-introduction into retail for me. The manager has been a respectful and patient guide, and the other team memebers are friendly and down to earth. The job has been much more than retail-based however: I have learned new sets of technical and customer service-based skills, which I hope to carry into any further employment.
productivity and learning
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free eye camp
Cons: reaching are target
It was a optical industries or i can say para medical i was working as store manager my team was of 5 that is 5+1, i was responsible for each matter which goes in the store and my team members was reporting to me ,
I learned a lot as it was a optical industry i learned about lenses ,eye problems, how was eyes test done how to treat a customer and advice him/her accordingly , we used to do free eye camps we were trained to give lenses according to the customer his or her problem , we had certified opts.,
Management was really good as we were working in SAP which was new to me in those days and learned even lot by using that software, we used keep are store updated by stock, book work and even by all formalities which was necessary , we used to see to it that no shrinkage in store and be the best store compare to other store as we had competition within our stores the company was rating and giving best complement to who had preformed best ,
My co-workers were very supportive and positive always in the attitude of sales field and behavior they were the main sales achiever were i will always complement them for their hard work and honesty they never let me down or not supportive in any situation the growth of the store and team was high due to them .
My hardest part of the job was working for 14 hours as i had a daughter who was aging around 1 yrs in that time and i was unable to concentrate on her that was the reason i dropped my paper down
The most enjoyable part of the job we were challenging with team to each other to achieve or daily target and treating within us so it was a challenge and enjoyment
Family Oriented
Safety & Human Resource Director/Payroll & Billing (Current Employee), Uhrichsville, OHJuly 31, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: no benefits
At Vision Express you are more than a number, they know your name and family is top priority.
Busy store and good team work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Abbeycentre BelfastJuly 29, 2014
i open the store and ensure all staff are up to date with checking the appointments for the day
I check shop floor and stock for presentation
I check requests and emails from central office
I attend to customers and complete sales
I enjoy seeing customers happy with their purchases and also returning for further purchases

The hardest part is dealing with staff who are under performing. though I try to manage by encouragement as I feel staff respond best this way.
Casual yet beneficial experience
Optical Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ENGJuly 9, 2014
Working at Vision Express taught me a lot about working and dealing with many different types of people. When working in a retail position it can be easy to interact with as few customers as possible. However, working at Vision Express meant I had to approach and engage each customer individually, which meant they received a much better customer experience and I gained a great enhancement on a range of personal skills. The team at Vision Express in Windsor are always friendly and were a good team to work with, especially as this was my first job.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Associate Retail (Former Employee), Bicester, ENGMay 30, 2014
I began work on a voluntary basis, on Saturdays, to gain experience of a working environment. My hours were increased a year later, which allowed me to integrate myself fully into the team. I progressed within a short time, from mastering dispensing to customers to exceeding the weekly sales targets. With Saturdays being the busiest day of the week, my day was demanding and immensely satisfying. I learned to work under pressure and prioritise. Another task was updating the database accurately. I advised customers on a regular basis and positive customer feedback was a testament to my excellent customer service skills. I quickly developed a rapport with my colleagues as we had to work as a team. My problem solving skills have developed as a result of having to deal with difficult scenarios efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my role was customer satisfaction and a job well done.
A productive day at work
Optical associate (Current Employee), Castle Mall NorwichMay 7, 2014
Pros: good team, discount free specatcles/ eye tests
Cons: working sundays and short staffed so often work extra hours and with no regular breaks
I enjoy working with the general public and meeting a wide range of customers.
I am target driven and enjoy aiming to achieve set targets of the day and consider myself competitive and aim to achieve the highest sales.
I enjoy working within a team and feel a good team is important to achieving set goals by working together and supporting your colleagues to ensure good morale within the team.
I am passionate about delivering great customer service and the need to treat each customer individually and listening to the customers needs to ensure correct product is recommended and sold accordingly to customer needs.
A big part of my day is ensure all incoming calls/enquires are answered promptly also ensuring all appointments for the following day are confirmed before the end of the day. Web bookings also followed up and completed.
It is important to communicate with your colleagues and share the work load.
I enjoy the "one to one" with customers.
In my previous experiences as a retail manger I feel it is important to lead by example and set high standards working to company K.P.I's.
I am a good communicator and enjoy coaching and training staff.

1 2 3