Explore the challenges and rewards of a career in technology sales and marketing!
Ranked on the Profit 100, Virtual Causeway is a premier high-tech sales and marketing services firm that specializes in lead generation, inside sales and primary research services. Our company's customers and corporate partners include industry leaders, Fortune 500/1000 companies, and some of the most innovative technology corporations in North America.
While being an integral part of our Marketing Services team, the Marketing Associate (MA) is responsible for acting as a direct extension of our clients’ marketing and sales departments by successfully promoting events and leading edge technology solutions to key decision makers.
The MA conducts research via telephone and the web, and gathers intelligence on specific companies and target contacts while actively identifying and qualifying contacts for activities such as event registration, product awareness, and marketing campaigns.
- Conduct a high volume of professional customer and prospect outreach by telephone and email
- Collect and document information into a CRM with a high degree of quality
- Conduct marketing related research on specific contacts and companies
- Work in a team environment in various sales and marketing-focused projects
- Meet and exceed personal and project deadlines, targets and goals
- Gain understanding of our clients’ business objectives to position client needs in product awareness, promoting events/campaigns, and qualifying prospects
- Act as a direct extension of our clients marketing/sales teams
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or certificate in Business, Marketing or Communications is preferred
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working in a fast paced customer service, sales or marketing environment is preferred
- Strong customer service background
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to maneuver on the telephone; reach the decision maker, pitch, probe, overcome objections, negotiate and meet deadlines
- Confidence and ability to converse with high-level executives on a daily basis
- Outstanding communication skills with solid ethics
- Aptitude to learn technical product information quickly
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet research)
- Salesforce.com experience an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours Monday-Friday (office is open 8:00am-6:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-6:00pm Friday)
Who are we looking for?
- You are committed to continual learning, with a strong desire to personally grow and develop
- You are a self-starter with a strong passion to succeed
- You are an adaptable team player with a positive outlook
- You are an innovative problem-solver who takes a solution-oriented approach
- You are self-motivated, goal-driven, and achievement-oriented
- You enjoy variety, and are able to seamlessly navigate between projects quickly
- You have solid ethics, and are committed to developing and maintaining quality peer-to-peer relationships with clients
- You are interested in working with cutting-edge, modern technology
- You want to learn the fundamentals of successful marketing by participating in our clients' strategies and execution
What Can We Do for You?
- Provide a fast-paced, challenging, flexible and fun work environment with exposure to innovative technologies
- Offer a competitive compensation package based upon your performance
- Offer an RRSP program with employer matching, so you can watch your future grow
- Offer a comprehensive benefits package
- Offer you an educational assistance plan to keep you “top notch” in the field
- Provide a place where you can grow and develop, and build your career– we want to help you get there!
Indeed - 12 months ago