VIRGIN Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work enviroment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 April 2017
i enjoy working as a personal trainer, it gives me such great relief seeing client satisfaction. Just a smile on one clients face is enough to make it all worth it.
Pros
fun, energetic, enjoyable
Cons
long hours, travelling
day to day.
Building service technician (Current Employee) –  Liverpool street, London, UK26 March 2017
A typical day at work for me, is to inspect the building, so that I know what jobs to do first. I have learnt that I have a lot of compassion for other people. To be honest, a lot of management have come and gone since I've been there, and they all have a different way of doing things. It is a nice environment to be in. The hardest thing is, trying your best and not completing all the task set, because that means extra work the next day.Worked for 3 years in VA.
Only reason I stayed for so long was to complete my job.
You get zero help from management of any kind, constantly passing the book blaming everyone else but themselves.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Long hours, Unpiad lunch
Productive and Fun Workplace
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hook, Hampshire23 January 2017
Challenging and great place to work. Really helped in career progression and acquiring new skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job was mentoring team members.
great team
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Gateshead2 July 2016
management could be looked at again as no support or help when needed, all team members relies on other team members for support
Pros
birthday off
Cons
antisocial hours
Great place/environment to work
RETAIL SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Reading9 March 2016
I work there for this long because its the best best place to work and surrounded with great people.
Everyday is full of two things, work hard and have fun at the same time while but based on professionalism.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
fun place to work - the people are great
Former Emplyee - Virgin Holidays (Former Employee) –  Crawley3 November 2015
No day is ever the same - fantastic place to work and grow. Great work ethic and benefits. Fabulous Brand amazing product and service.
Pros
work hard play hard
Cons
n/a
Forfilling all rounded job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP9 March 2015
The day is generally split in 2.Am slots and pm slots ..It requres high psitivity and enthusiasm and consistency which your clients feed of until they have fopund their own resources.Managing their progress and their struggles and always having a plan forward.Being on top of their nutritional intake and their lifestyle.Being available to them always making sure they have what they need to make a sucess of this lifechanging new way of life which I intend for them to keep with all my heart and methodical being.
Pros
Access to further training
Cons
Early ams but midday is generally free
Good job for single person
Airship Crew Chief/Crewman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL17 April 2014
Blimp operations, lots of travel had fun would do it again.
Different experience every day.
Fun Workplace
Temporary Holiday Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol22 January 2014
Learning how to put holiday packages together, working out prices and learning about different places abroad.

Taking calls, booking holidays and taking payments.
Cons
Shift work
good place to work
2ND CHEF (Current Employee) –  manchester15 July 2013
the v-room is a good place to be and work but the company i work for has no prospects for my liking also no benefits from this job for me,so this is the reason i want to leave.
Pros
early start - early finish
Cons
no overtime, no meals provided on duty, very short staffed because a lot of employees left, doing other peoples jobs with no extra benefits.
Virgin
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 December 2012
This is a startup that focuses on the development of social, e-commerce, and internet ideas.
great place to work and learnd so many new things
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  glasgow12 December 2012
my day at work with virgin would be stocking shop floor with cds and helping customrs, i worked in a team of 4 and we had meeting start of each day and plan our day ahead!
very productive
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA11 September 2012
Provide customer service, Assign employees to specific duties, Direct and supervise employees, Inventory stock and Enforce safety, health, and security rules. my co workers where fun to work with.the hardest part of my job was opening and closing the store
Review
Sustomer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge6 August 2012
I love to be able to help people within my team as well as cuastomers so they nend the call with all there questions answered and happy ,
Pros
bouns at the end of the year
Ambiente laboral
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  bog23 January 2017
Excelenet ambiente laboral
Buenos compañeros
La direccion es un poco regular
Un dia tipico es un dia bajo presion manejable
Pros
Muy amigable con el usuario
Cons
La administracion
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Saint-Denis, A87 June 2014
l'un des magasin de la grande société VIRGINMEGASTORE
qui ma vu naître dans la vente une équipe sympa et au top
une clientèle de quartier donc très habituer
on prenais le temps de discuter avec eux et ce qui créer des liens fort entre le vendeur et le client
Pros
bonne ambiance
Cons
aucun
La passion au travail
Vendeuse en Librairie (Former Employee) –  La Défense, A826 November 2013
Virgin m'a donné le plus beau travail du monde. Grâce à cette enseigne, j'ai pu réaliser le rêve de m'occuper de livres pendant 11 ans. Je gérais entièrement mes rayons et suis reconnaissante envers mes différents responsables de la confiance qu'ils ont bien voulu m'attribuer. Je m'occupais entre autres des romans policiers aux quels j'ai toujours voué un intérêt particulier. Nous travaillons dans une atmosphère de confiance et nous pouvions compter les uns sur les autres en toutes situations. Je me rend compte aujourd'hui après avoir tout perdu à quel point cette expérience a été enrichissante. Nous étions mal payés, certes, mais avions en retour la reconnaissance de nos responsables les plus proches et la joie quotidienne d'exercer un métier passionnant et cela ne se chiffre pas. Le plus difficile pour moi, à la fin était la manutention à cause de l'état de mon dos. Le plus agréable et enrichissant était le contact avec la clientèle pour lequel j'ai un talent naturel au dire de mes collègues. Voilà, 11 années de bonheur quotidien parties en fumée et j'espère aujourd'hui pouvoir éprouver autant de joie dans un nouveau travail.
Pros
travail passionnant, tickets restaurant, ambiance familiale, encouragements à l'initiative, travail diversifié: mise en rayoins, contacts permanents avec la clientèle, autonomie par rapport aux commandes auprès des représentants
Cons
petit salaire et gros problèmes de dos me handicapant au quotidien.
Travail d'équipe
STOCKISTE QUALIFIEE (3ans) (Former Employee) –  LA DEFENSE les 4 temps13 November 2013
Réception des colis, saisie des produits, mise en bac de la marchandise, travailler en collaboration avec les responsable et vendeur.
Gérer les arrivages selon l'importance des produits, nouveautés en priorité et avertir le rayon concerné pour la mise en place des produits en magasin.
Travailler en équipe, être solidaire, s'entraider, communiquer avec les vendeurs en magasin se tenir informer des réceptions.
Beaucoup de charge lourde à porter, palette qui déborde, souvent mal cellophané. Risque de chute de carton.
Le travaille en équipe, la solidarité, l'entente entre collègue. La découverte des produits avant les autres.
Pros
Ticket restaurant, mutuelle
Cons
Pas de prime, ni de 13ème mois
Un environnement agréable
Controleuse Caisse (Former Employee) –  Torcy, 7729 October 2013
Virgin était une enseigne culturelle où le travail etait très agréable grâce à son environnement et la convivialité entre tous les collègues.
Tres bonne entreprise
Vendeur Librairie Qualifié (Former Employee) –  champs elysées29 July 2013
positif entreprise stable -
evolution - management correct

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIRGIN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8