Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2015
This was a good company to work for because upper management was absolutely fantastic. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing how happy customers were when they got the product they wanted.
Pros
Great Management Team
Great people, forward thinking company who are vey empowering to their employes.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  SydneyApril 17, 2014
My typical day consists of a steady amount of work, a lot of laughs and a very open work environment.

You are free to be who you want to be without judgment. There was a lot of room for career progression and you were always encouraged to seek out new positions within the business or gain visibility over other departments.

The best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
large campus, free transport, a lot of food vendors on site, great culture.
Cons
was a little far to travel to from home.
Great company
Sales Associate/Service & Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2014
I worked for Virgin Mobile for a while before leaving. I strongly reccommend to take advantage of their benefits becuase it is great especially tsince he minimum to get it is 20 hours a week. The people who work there are amazing and I truly wish them success in the roles there.
Pros
amazing prizes, great commission
Cons
long hours, extreme pressure
comfortable sized store with great spacing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  torontoJune 1, 2015
usually would open the store. count the till and finish productivity paperwork. then proceed to help members find plans and devices that match their needs. I learned about the telecommunications industry and how Important customer service is.
Co workers made my job even better with our efficient team work.
hardest part of the job was selling accessories for devices when kiosks around the store sold them for a much lower price.
most enjoyable part of was interacting with new and current members of virgin mobile
Pros
Discounted phones and plans
Cons
not enough hours
fun workplace
Retail Support Rep (Former Employee) –  toronto ontarioJune 30, 2014
i worked for this company for almost 7 years, great place to work with potential of grow, good benefits. since bell pursahsed the company, the management team change a little bit. other then that, great work place.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
suck up or get be kicked out
Customer Service Representative/tech support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2012
never know what your schedule is 2 weeks from now. 3 shifts that change weekly.

Learnt that if you don't brown nose the management you wont succeed.

A lot of fun if you don't care about the office politics
Pros
parties, discounts, great location
Cons
bad management, bad training, no stable shifts
We Loved going to Work
Store Manager / Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughJuly 14, 2012
A typical day at work was always worth have, as manager it was my job to not only make sure "the job got done" but to also make sure that my staff enjoyed their jobs and wanted to come to work. With a wide sense of humor and an always positive attitude it was easy for my staff to handle stressful situations and enjoy what they had to do.

My ability to allow my staff to enjoy their job was made easy by a very solid and positive support of regional managers, district managers, and follow managers that were always willing to lend a helping hand when ever it was needed.

My hardest part of the job was when I had to fire an employee, my staff and I always had a very positive work relationship, when ever I did have to terminate their employment i spent some time before hand providing a list of available jobs in the area that I believed they would exceed in very well.
Pros
benefits, support, rewards, salary, commission, training
Cons
having to leave
Strong Leadership Background. Years of experience in the industry
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2014
Over all have had a vast amount of experience in the mobile and telecommunications world. Years of experience from Wireless Wave to Best Buy Mobile to Virgin Mobile.

Have had many years to grow as a better sales rep and increase and improve upon being a manager in the telecommunications world.

Over all a great company for work for still fairly new to Canada compared to other Mobile companies thus some growth needed in the management sectors and how certain things are run at store level.

Over all very good company to work for and will teach you lots...and value you not just as a employee but a regular person as well.
Good co workers for the most part, terrible managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 3, 2013
My day consist of educating customers on all different cell phones and cell phone packages and ensuring that they received the best customer experience possible.
I didn't learn much of anything as I knew this specific line of work from previous experience.
Management was lazy, unproductive, manipulative and lacked respect.
Co workers were mostly awesome however there is always one that will be kind to your face and talk as soon as your back is turned
Dealing with a manager that was arrogant and useless
Selling as many phones as I could which in turn made me some good income.
Pros
good sale days
Cons
management
Great people small location
Sales Associate/Product Expert/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  markham ontJune 6, 2012
There were slow days and busy days.
I learned a different type of sales tactic.
Management was good as well as my co workers.
Hardest part was trying to learn the system on my own with out the help of my co workers
The most enjoyable part was seeing the satifaction on the clients/customers face when i was able to help them beyond thier expectations
Pros
great perks, amazing commision
Cons
distance was an issue and the wasnt enough training
good environment, fun
Mobile Specialist/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 1, 2012
Working for Virgin Mobile is fun and can be self-satisfying

however working in a commission based environment is not always a good thing. It can actually become demotivating, especially when you see others doing better than you are and when management is not working their hardest to motivate their employees.

Some of the management is excellent, others are not so great.

Great experience but I am looking for new experience and being a sales person is not a strength of mine.
Virgin Mobile
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie OntarioJuly 17, 2012
A typical day at work with Virgin Mobile, I would open or close the booth, cell phones,plans and accessories. I learned more about phones and plans and accessories every day. The management at the booth wasn't the best but we did our job as best we could. The co-workers at Virgin were all great, we all got along. There was no hard part of the job because I loved every minute that I worked there. The whole job was enjoyable.
Pros
cell phone if i wanted one
Cons
none that i can think of
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2014
A day at work would include coming in and making sales. Working off commission meant that the harder I worked the more I would make, so that initiative was great. Management was ok, but my coworkers were great. Virgin gave me many skills that I have today including my problem solving skills.
Pros
commision
Cons
very little hours
Awesome job for college students
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2014
Awesome company to work for! You get close with co-workers and they are very diverse. Awesome job for a college student. Hourly plus commission! Great management and you develop great customer service skills! Best job I have ever had.
Pros
awesome money for student
Cons
minimum 4 days/20 hours a week
Fun and Competitive
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  calgaryApril 24, 2015
Its a great company to work for. Love the people and the job. Good brand and super easy to sell. Teaches all sort of different skills which mostly include selling services and mainly customer service.
Relaxed Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2013
Working a Virgin Mobile for almost six years has vastly improved both my impersonal and social skills. This customer service role allows me to interact with numerous customers over the phone and also provides great interaction with Management and fellow colleagues.
Virgin Mobile
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
My day starts out pretty normal wake up and start my adventure to work everyday. I look forward in going in to work with a positive attitude. I currently like my job and position with Virgin Mobile as a CSR. I enjoy and look forward in going to work every day as my co-workers are amazing and is always willing to help and be there as a support team when ever needed. I have learnt may things about myself and people in general that in life we all share the many differences and similarity.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 28, 2014
Friendly environment to work in, I was treated equally by my co-workers as well as management. Coming in everyday was an honor, unfortunately due to my school schedule I had to say goodbye.
Productive, Challenging and fun loving workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKSeptember 17, 2014
- Manage store operations
-Merchandising
-Stock ordering and receiving
-Invoice checks
-Observations and coach behaviours
-Motivate team to grow and learn everyday
-Drive sales and customer service.

With my daily tasks I have learnt to get the job done in an efficient way.

Hardest part was to keep the people motivated during the slow days of the month.

Most enjoyable part was the challenging nature of the job as very day was different in a way.
Gave me insight to the retail side of Human Resources
Assistant Manager/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 27, 2014
I was dealing a lot with seasonal employees for September (back to school) as well as December (Christmas) in order to accommodate seasonal sales demands.
I also maintained weekly and monthly scheduling.
Contacting applicants and screening for candidates for various sales positions.
Provided coaching on an ongoing basis.
Pros
saw new people everyday (customers)
Cons
had to be on my feet all day