Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
loved working for this company
Manager/Retail (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 29, 2013
great company to work for,loved the work and people.loved the fast pace working environment,meeting new people was both a challenge and rewarding part of the job
Relaxed Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2013
Working a Virgin Mobile for almost six years has vastly improved both my impersonal and social skills. This customer service role allows me to interact with numerous customers over the phone and also provides great interaction with Management and fellow colleagues.
Good co workers for the most part, terrible managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: good sale days
Cons: management
My day consist of educating customers on all different cell phones and cell phone packages and ensuring that they received the best customer experience possible.
I didn't learn much of anything as I knew this specific line of work from previous experience.
Management was lazy, unproductive, manipulative and lacked respect.
Co workers were mostly awesome – more... however there is always one that will be kind to your face and talk as soon as your back is turned
Dealing with a manager that was arrogant and useless
Selling as many phones as I could which in turn made me some good income. – less
productive and great place to work
Incident Manager (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 18, 2012
Pros: satisfaction
Cons: schedules
extensive troubleshooting and dealings with issues but great people and environment.
suck up or get be kicked out
Customer Service Representative/tech support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2012
Pros: parties, discounts, great location
Cons: bad management, bad training, no stable shifts
never know what your schedule is 2 weeks from now. 3 shifts that change weekly.

Learnt that if you don't brown nose the management you wont succeed.

A lot of fun if you don't care about the office politics
All about the numbers
Cell Phone Sales (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: free demo line
Cons: high sales goals, lack of acknowledgement, long hours, minimum pay
When you work at virgin all the upper management cares about is the sales figures, not if the employees are happy or not.

Virgins sales theory -
1. Happy sales people
2. Amazing customer service
3. Happy customers
4. Great sales numbers
5. Profit

If the employees are happy the customer service will be amazing, which makes customers happy which will – more... produce great sales numbers which will make the company money. Overall they wanted happy sales people

Bells sales theory -
1. profit
2. great sales numbers
3. customers
4. sales people

All bell cares about is the overall numbers, not the employees and not the customer. They took what made Virgin a Great company and flipped it for what they think is right. They are completely tarnishing the virgin brand – less
Virgin Mobile -
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2012
Virgin mobile was an over all enjoyable workplace. My co-workers were friendly and outgoing and in the years I had worked there I learned alot of valuable information that I will carry along my way. The most enjoyable part of working for Virgin was being able to interact and help the customers.
Nice place to work at
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 29, 2012
Loved the place worked with all my heart. Got along great with everyone but the Regional Manager always had it against me.
Virgin Mobile
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioJuly 17, 2012
Pros: cell phone if i wanted one
Cons: none that i can think of
A typical day at work with Virgin Mobile, I would open or close the booth, cell phones,plans and accessories. I learned more about phones and plans and accessories every day. The management at the booth wasn't the best but we did our job as best we could. The co-workers at Virgin were all great, we all got along. There was no hard part of the job because – more... I loved every minute that I worked there. The whole job was enjoyable. – less
We Loved going to Work
Store Manager / Sales Manager (Former Employee), PeterboroughJuly 14, 2012
Pros: benefits, support, rewards, salary, commission, training
Cons: having to leave
A typical day at work was always worth have, as manager it was my job to not only make sure "the job got done" but to also make sure that my staff enjoyed their jobs and wanted to come to work. With a wide sense of humor and an always positive attitude it was easy for my staff to handle stressful situations and enjoy what they had to do.

My ability – more... to allow my staff to enjoy their job was made easy by a very solid and positive support of regional managers, district managers, and follow managers that were always willing to lend a helping hand when ever it was needed.

My hardest part of the job was when I had to fire an employee, my staff and I always had a very positive work relationship, when ever I did have to terminate their employment i spent some time before hand providing a list of available jobs in the area that I believed they would exceed in very well. – less
Great people small location
Sales Associate/Product Expert/Key Holder (Former Employee), markham ontJune 6, 2012
Pros: great perks, amazing commision
Cons: distance was an issue and the wasnt enough training
There were slow days and busy days.
I learned a different type of sales tactic.
Management was good as well as my co workers.
Hardest part was trying to learn the system on my own with out the help of my co workers
The most enjoyable part was seeing the satifaction on the clients/customers face when i was able to help them beyond thier expectations
good environment, fun
Mobile Specialist/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJune 1, 2012
Working for Virgin Mobile is fun and can be self-satisfying

however working in a commission based environment is not always a good thing. It can actually become demotivating, especially when you see others doing better than you are and when management is not working their hardest to motivate their employees.

Some of the management is excellent, others – more... are not so great.

Great experience but I am looking for new experience and being a sales person is not a strength of mine. – less
Middle Man
Sales Associate/Manager (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 28, 2012
Pros: meet alot of great people
Cons: not alot of work
I was employed when virgin was new to canada. We did not offer the same deals and phones as they did in the USA and got alot of flack over that. It was a great pay as you go system but really there was nothing to it other than programming phones and taking peoples money.
its like being around family
sales (Former Employee), hamilon, onMarch 6, 2012
Working at Virgin Mobile was a great experince for me. I got meet new people and help them with there comunication needs. The people i worked with where like family.
productive and fun palce to work
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 15, 2014
Nice place to work and management was very professional. The benefits are good, Advancement, nice people to with, learned more about computers and software, programing hands set, and programing computers, lunch room is nice, and the enviroment seeing the Colorado rocky mountains was a pleasure.
it was a very fun atmosphere
Technical Support Representative/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Carrolton txSeptember 14, 2014
This is the best cell service in history. but very expensive. They ae very professional and very informative.
Great vibrant Company
Customer Sales Agent (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: dial till you get a sale if it's service agree even though you don't
Day to day assisting with customer queries, Learnt to be patient and that every individual is different. Good to be a team player as it makes life easier when I'm in need of help from my team members.
The hardest part is to understand where the client is coming from when complaining and taught myself that the remedy is to listen. I enjoy making target – more... and seeing the numbers multiplying. – less
customer service
Garlands Customer Service advisor - virgin mobile (Former Employee), MiddlesbroughAugust 5, 2014
Virgin is a good company to work for they look after their staff and reward them for the time and effort they put in with their cuatomers
fun place to be
promoter (Former Employee), Durban, ZNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: uniform
Cons: commision based
finding new customers and I learned to not judge a person by the looks or anything, management was great and we had an open door policy, the staff was energetic and super friendly like me.

the hardest part was getting more customers and the most enjoyable part was just working and promoting the whole day.
Everything was good because each and everyday at work, we were competing with sales and that made a great friendship to my colligues
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 21, 2014
Pros: couple of drinks to celebrate our rewards on reaching targets
Cons: long hours in terms of follow ups
I learned that anything is possible if only u can put effort on what you are doing. The management was good and i cant complain about it, and the hardest part of the job i never came across it because daily target was so easy to reach. The most enjoyable part of the job was that, we were working as a family so that we may avoid conflicts at a work place