Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews

Awesome part-time job, great flexibility and constantly learning new technologies
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2015
-great management that offers staff lots of flexibility and advancement opportunity
-awesome co-workers to work with
-very busy locations. Has lots of opportunities to hit personal/ store target
Fast paced environment, always changing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  calgary3 June 2015
The four years I spent at Virgin Mobile were interesting and never boring. You are always learning new tech and how it benefits your customers lifestyle. You must always be connected to the job as its an expectation, this can result in poor work/life balance. Metrics are of the utmost importance and you are always worrying about them on a day to day basis.
Cons
work/life balance, stress
comfortable sized store with great spacing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto1 June 2015
usually would open the store. count the till and finish productivity paperwork. then proceed to help members find plans and devices that match their needs. I learned about the telecommunications industry and how Important customer service is.
Co workers made my job even better with our efficient team work.
hardest part of the job was selling accessories for devices when kiosks around the store sold them for a much lower price.
most enjoyable part of was interacting with new and current members of virgin mobile
Pros
Discounted phones and plans
Cons
not enough hours
Very fun and fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2015
A typical day at work for Virgin Mobile didn't exist. Working for VM is anything but typical. We would have all sorts of customers (at VM they're referred to as "members"). For argument's sake though, you would come in and click-in for your shift. Maintain a clean work environment, update records and sales metrics as the day went along and assist potential or existing members as they came by. I learned a lot about the telecommunication industry during my time at VM. Management was always very friendly and understanding. Co-workers were also very friendly people as they are the types of individuals that you would want working for such an industry. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet sales targets on days when no one really seemed to be visiting the mall. The most enjoyable part of the job was without a doubt the interactions you would have with the members and mall patrons.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Downtime when the mall wasn't busy
Fun and Competitive
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  calgary24 April 2015
Its a great company to work for. Love the people and the job. Good brand and super easy to sell. Teaches all sort of different skills which mostly include selling services and mainly customer service.
Good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2015
great work place, just looking for more opportunities. something a bit more local and that pays better as well. everyone at the store is amazing,
It was a family
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB17 November 2014
I wouldn't have left this job if I had the choice. I wasn't able to transfer back to Lloydminster after living in BC because of the full staffing. I worked here for two years, and my coworkers had become a small family, still keep in touch and hang out with them frequently. It was a fun work environment for sure.
Gave me insight to the retail side of Human Resources
Assistant Manager/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2014
I was dealing a lot with seasonal employees for September (back to school) as well as December (Christmas) in order to accommodate seasonal sales demands.
I also maintained weekly and monthly scheduling.
Contacting applicants and screening for candidates for various sales positions.
Provided coaching on an ongoing basis.
Pros
Saw new people everyday (customers)
Cons
Had to be on my feet all day
Employees were great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 October 2014
The Company was a great company to work for, bonus, friendly easy to get to know.
salary all depends on how much you want too work
Virgin Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2014
you really have to put in long days if you want to get paid.
some days it would have been better to just stay home
but when pay was good it was really good.
Pros
when pay was good it was really good.
Cons
long days, some days it would have been better to just stay home
Loving and Fun place to work !
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2014
I highly enjoyed the company and my co workers everyone got along real well and the days always seem to go by fast . work didn't feel like work.
Pros
good hours.flexible.always busy
Cons
standing 8 hours.
Great company
Sales Associate/Service & Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2014
I worked for Virgin Mobile for a while before leaving. I strongly reccommend to take advantage of their benefits becuase it is great especially tsince he minimum to get it is 20 hours a week. The people who work there are amazing and I truly wish them success in the roles there.
Pros
Amazing prizes, great commission
Cons
long hours, extreme pressure
Productive, Challenging and fun loving workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 September 2014
- Manage store operations
-Merchandising
-Stock ordering and receiving
-Invoice checks
-Observations and coach behaviours
-Motivate team to grow and learn everyday
-Drive sales and customer service.

With my daily tasks I have learnt to get the job done in an efficient way.

Hardest part was to keep the people motivated during the slow days of the month.

Most enjoyable part was the challenging nature of the job as very day was different in a way.
Great place for part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2014
The people and environment are fantastic, a great place to gain experience in a driven sales environment
Pros
Commission
Cons
Mall Hours
Job that requires lots of patience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON9 August 2014
I worked on cash there, lots of people come through it's always insanely busy
Usually enjoyed co-workers
Pros
long lunches
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2014
Friendly environment to work in, I was treated equally by my co-workers as well as management. Coming in everyday was an honor, unfortunately due to my school schedule I had to say goodbye.
fun workplace
Retail Support Rep (Former Employee) –  toronto ontario30 June 2014
i worked for this company for almost 7 years, great place to work with potential of grow, good benefits. since bell pursahsed the company, the management team change a little bit. other then that, great work place.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Virgin Mobile
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2014
My day starts out pretty normal wake up and start my adventure to work everyday. I look forward in going in to work with a positive attitude. I currently like my job and position with Virgin Mobile as a CSR. I enjoy and look forward in going to work every day as my co-workers are amazing and is always willing to help and be there as a support team when ever needed. I have learnt may things about myself and people in general that in life we all share the many differences and similarity.
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2014
A day at work would include coming in and making sales. Working off commission meant that the harder I worked the more I would make, so that initiative was great. Management was ok, but my coworkers were great. Virgin gave me many skills that I have today including my problem solving skills.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Very little hours
Cell Phone Salesman
Customer Service Phone Salesman (Former Employee) –  Moncton. NB29 April 2014
Assisted customers in achieving the right phone and the right plan that would meet their needs. Also ensure that the customer was well aware of what to expect on the first bill to avoid any issues to arise in the future. By ensuring the customer understands our product and feel comfortable without company let me know that I was doing exceptional customer service.