Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews

very productive and fun
Bilingual Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2015
Assisting unsatisfied customers with their problems, problem solving job. I learned handing difficult situations without stressing.
Nice environment with helpful management and great coworkers and hard working people ready to reach target as team
Challenging but enjoyable work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2015
Main objective is to help members find their phone needs.
I've learned some better sales tactics/pitches
Management changes pretty frequently but it teaches you how to work with different types of management.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with customer complications and making sure the customer is always satisfied.
Enjoy working with a team and being able to have individuality and freely be able to be yourself while still working in a professional environment
Pros
Learning new information daily
Cons
Amount of hours constantly change
comfortable sized store with great spacing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto1 June 2015
usually would open the store. count the till and finish productivity paperwork. then proceed to help members find plans and devices that match their needs. I learned about the telecommunications industry and how Important customer service is.
Co workers made my job even better with our efficient team work.
hardest part of the job was selling accessories for devices when kiosks around the store sold them for a much lower price.
most enjoyable part of was interacting with new and current members of virgin mobile
Pros
Discounted phones and plans
Cons
not enough hours
Fast paced environment, always changing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  calgary3 June 2015
The four years I spent at Virgin Mobile were interesting and never boring. You are always learning new tech and how it benefits your customers lifestyle. You must always be connected to the job as its an expectation, this can result in poor work/life balance. Metrics are of the utmost importance and you are always worrying about them on a day to day basis.
Cons
work/life balance, stress
Not as great by the end
Retail Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2015
I enjoyed working there until Bell Canada took over, after that all the benefits of being a Virgin employee seemed to be null and void.
Gave me insight to the retail side of Human Resources
Assistant Manager/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2014
I was dealing a lot with seasonal employees for September (back to school) as well as December (Christmas) in order to accommodate seasonal sales demands.
I also maintained weekly and monthly scheduling.
Contacting applicants and screening for candidates for various sales positions.
Provided coaching on an ongoing basis.
Pros
Saw new people everyday (customers)
Cons
Had to be on my feet all day
Productive, Challenging and fun loving workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 September 2014
- Manage store operations
-Merchandising
-Stock ordering and receiving
-Invoice checks
-Observations and coach behaviours
-Motivate team to grow and learn everyday
-Drive sales and customer service.

With my daily tasks I have learnt to get the job done in an efficient way.

Hardest part was to keep the people motivated during the slow days of the month.

Most enjoyable part was the challenging nature of the job as very day was different in a way.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2014
My day starts out pretty normal wake up and start my adventure to work everyday. I look forward in going in to work with a positive attitude. I currently like my job and position with Virgin Mobile as a CSR. I enjoy and look forward in going to work every day as my co-workers are amazing and is always willing to help and be there as a support team when ever needed. I have learnt may things about myself and people in general that in life we all share the many differences and similarity.
Great people, forward thinking company who are vey empowering to their employes.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney17 April 2014
My typical day consists of a steady amount of work, a lot of laughs and a very open work environment.

You are free to be who you want to be without judgment. There was a lot of room for career progression and you were always encouraged to seek out new positions within the business or gain visibility over other departments.

The best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Large campus, free transport, a lot of food vendors on site, great culture.
Cons
Was a little far to travel to from home.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 April 2014
A typical day at work would be I would go in open the booth and count the inventory and submit the results to head office so that supplies could be sent to us. I learned how to sell phones, plans, and accessories and which plan go best with what phone and what phone and plan go best with the customer. The management staff was amazing they were there to help you if needed any help and give you the training you needed to succeed in the job. The co-workers were amazing also they helped you with a sell to make sure that you gave the customer every option. The hardest part was when there was no one in the mall to sell too. The most enjoyable part was when I made a sell and the customer left happy.
Pros
meeting new people
Strong Leadership Background. Years of experience in the industry
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC3 February 2014
Over all have had a vast amount of experience in the mobile and telecommunications world. Years of experience from Wireless Wave to Best Buy Mobile to Virgin Mobile.

Have had many years to grow as a better sales rep and increase and improve upon being a manager in the telecommunications world.

Over all a great company for work for still fairly new to Canada compared to other Mobile companies thus some growth needed in the management sectors and how certain things are run at store level.

Over all very good company to work for and will teach you lots...and value you not just as a employee but a regular person as well.
Great people small location
Sales Associate/Product Expert/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  markham ont6 June 2012
There were slow days and busy days.
I learned a different type of sales tactic.
Management was good as well as my co workers.
Hardest part was trying to learn the system on my own with out the help of my co workers
The most enjoyable part was seeing the satifaction on the clients/customers face when i was able to help them beyond thier expectations
Pros
great perks, amazing commision
Cons
distance was an issue and the wasnt enough training
good environment, fun
Mobile Specialist/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 June 2012
Working for Virgin Mobile is fun and can be self-satisfying

however working in a commission based environment is not always a good thing. It can actually become demotivating, especially when you see others doing better than you are and when management is not working their hardest to motivate their employees.

Some of the management is excellent, others are not so great.

Great experience but I am looking for new experience and being a sales person is not a strength of mine.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie Ontario17 July 2012
A typical day at work with Virgin Mobile, I would open or close the booth, cell phones,plans and accessories. I learned more about phones and plans and accessories every day. The management at the booth wasn't the best but we did our job as best we could. The co-workers at Virgin were all great, we all got along. There was no hard part of the job because I loved every minute that I worked there. The whole job was enjoyable.
Pros
cell phone if i wanted one
Cons
none that i can think of
Good co workers for the most part, terrible managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 May 2013
My day consist of educating customers on all different cell phones and cell phone packages and ensuring that they received the best customer experience possible.
I didn't learn much of anything as I knew this specific line of work from previous experience.
Management was lazy, unproductive, manipulative and lacked respect.
Co workers were mostly awesome however there is always one that will be kind to your face and talk as soon as your back is turned
Dealing with a manager that was arrogant and useless
Selling as many phones as I could which in turn made me some good income.
Pros
good sale days
Cell Phone Salesman
Customer Service Phone Salesman (Former Employee) –  Moncton. NB29 April 2014
Assisted customers in achieving the right phone and the right plan that would meet their needs. Also ensure that the customer was well aware of what to expect on the first bill to avoid any issues to arise in the future. By ensuring the customer understands our product and feel comfortable without company let me know that I was doing exceptional customer service.
Great company
Sales Associate/Service & Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2014
I worked for Virgin Mobile for a while before leaving. I strongly reccommend to take advantage of their benefits becuase it is great especially tsince he minimum to get it is 20 hours a week. The people who work there are amazing and I truly wish them success in the roles there.
Pros
Amazing prizes, great commission
Cons
long hours, extreme pressure
Productive but Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa5 October 2015
Virgin Mobile had great managing staff, gives good incentives, always a contest going on. Laid back and praised well for succeeding. Good challenge, get to make money and deal with customers
All about the numbers
Cell Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB23 September 2012
When you work at virgin all the upper management cares about is the sales figures, not if the employees are happy or not.

Virgins sales theory -
1. Happy sales people
2. Amazing customer service
3. Happy customers
4. Great sales numbers
5. Profit

If the employees are happy the customer service will be amazing, which makes customers happy which will produce great sales numbers which will make the company money. Overall they wanted happy sales people

Bells sales theory -
1. profit
2. great sales numbers
3. customers
4. sales people

All bell cares about is the overall numbers, not the employees and not the customer. They took what made Virgin a Great company and flipped it for what they think is right. They are completely tarnishing the virgin brand
Pros
free demo line
Cons
high sales goals, lack of acknowledgement, long hours, minimum pay
Awesome part-time job, great flexibility and constantly learning new technologies
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2015
-great management that offers staff lots of flexibility and advancement opportunity
-awesome co-workers to work with
-very busy locations. Has lots of opportunities to hit personal/ store target