Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, Challenging and fun loving workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKSeptember 17, 2014
- Manage store operations
-Merchandising
-Stock ordering and receiving
-Invoice checks
-Observations and coach behaviours
-Motivate team to grow and learn everyday
-Drive sales and customer service.

With my daily tasks I have learnt to get the job done in an efficient way.

Hardest part was to keep the people motivated during the slow days of the month.

Most enjoyable part was the challenging nature of the job as very day was different in a way.
It was a family
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABNovember 17, 2014
I wouldn't have left this job if I had the choice. I wasn't able to transfer back to Lloydminster after living in BC because of the full staffing. I worked here for two years, and my coworkers had become a small family, still keep in touch and hang out with them frequently. It was a fun work environment for sure.
Great company
Sales Associate/Service & Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2014
I worked for Virgin Mobile for a while before leaving. I strongly reccommend to take advantage of their benefits becuase it is great especially tsince he minimum to get it is 20 hours a week. The people who work there are amazing and I truly wish them success in the roles there.
Pros
amazing prizes, great commission
Cons
long hours, extreme pressure
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
My day starts out pretty normal wake up and start my adventure to work everyday. I look forward in going in to work with a positive attitude. I currently like my job and position with Virgin Mobile as a CSR. I enjoy and look forward in going to work every day as my co-workers are amazing and is always willing to help and be there as a support team when ever needed. I have learnt may things about myself and people in general that in life we all share the many differences and similarity.
Great people, forward thinking company who are vey empowering to their employes.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  SydneyApril 17, 2014
My typical day consists of a steady amount of work, a lot of laughs and a very open work environment.

You are free to be who you want to be without judgment. There was a lot of room for career progression and you were always encouraged to seek out new positions within the business or gain visibility over other departments.

The best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
large campus, free transport, a lot of food vendors on site, great culture.
Cons
was a little far to travel to from home.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be I would go in open the booth and count the inventory and submit the results to head office so that supplies could be sent to us. I learned how to sell phones, plans, and accessories and which plan go best with what phone and what phone and plan go best with the customer. The management staff was amazing they were there to help you if needed any help and give you the training you needed to succeed in the job. The co-workers were amazing also they helped you with a sell to make sure that you gave the customer every option. The hardest part was when there was no one in the mall to sell too. The most enjoyable part was when I made a sell and the customer left happy.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
great work place, just looking for more opportunities. something a bit more local and that pays better as well. everyone at the store is amazing,
salary all depends on how much you want too work
Virgin Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2014
you really have to put in long days if you want to get paid.
some days it would have been better to just stay home
but when pay was good it was really good.
Pros
when pay was good it was really good.
Cons
long days, some days it would have been better to just stay home
Strong Leadership Background. Years of experience in the industry
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2014
Over all have had a vast amount of experience in the mobile and telecommunications world. Years of experience from Wireless Wave to Best Buy Mobile to Virgin Mobile.

Have had many years to grow as a better sales rep and increase and improve upon being a manager in the telecommunications world.

Over all a great company for work for still fairly new to Canada compared to other Mobile companies thus some growth needed in the management sectors and how certain things are run at store level.

Over all very good company to work for and will teach you lots...and value you not just as a employee but a regular person as well.
Cell Phone Salesman
Customer Service Phone Salesman (Former Employee) –  Moncton. NBApril 29, 2014
Assisted customers in achieving the right phone and the right plan that would meet their needs. Also ensure that the customer was well aware of what to expect on the first bill to avoid any issues to arise in the future. By ensuring the customer understands our product and feel comfortable without company let me know that I was doing exceptional customer service.
Good co workers for the most part, terrible managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 3, 2013
My day consist of educating customers on all different cell phones and cell phone packages and ensuring that they received the best customer experience possible.
I didn't learn much of anything as I knew this specific line of work from previous experience.
Management was lazy, unproductive, manipulative and lacked respect.
Co workers were mostly awesome however there is always one that will be kind to your face and talk as soon as your back is turned
Dealing with a manager that was arrogant and useless
Selling as many phones as I could which in turn made me some good income.
Pros
good sale days
Cons
management
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie OntarioJuly 17, 2012
A typical day at work with Virgin Mobile, I would open or close the booth, cell phones,plans and accessories. I learned more about phones and plans and accessories every day. The management at the booth wasn't the best but we did our job as best we could. The co-workers at Virgin were all great, we all got along. There was no hard part of the job because I loved every minute that I worked there. The whole job was enjoyable.
Pros
cell phone if i wanted one
Cons
none that i can think of
Great people small location
Sales Associate/Product Expert/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  markham ontJune 6, 2012
There were slow days and busy days.
I learned a different type of sales tactic.
Management was good as well as my co workers.
Hardest part was trying to learn the system on my own with out the help of my co workers
The most enjoyable part was seeing the satifaction on the clients/customers face when i was able to help them beyond thier expectations
Pros
great perks, amazing commision
Cons
distance was an issue and the wasnt enough training
good environment, fun
Mobile Specialist/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 1, 2012
Working for Virgin Mobile is fun and can be self-satisfying

however working in a commission based environment is not always a good thing. It can actually become demotivating, especially when you see others doing better than you are and when management is not working their hardest to motivate their employees.

Some of the management is excellent, others are not so great.

Great experience but I am looking for new experience and being a sales person is not a strength of mine.
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2014
A day at work would include coming in and making sales. Working off commission meant that the harder I worked the more I would make, so that initiative was great. Management was ok, but my coworkers were great. Virgin gave me many skills that I have today including my problem solving skills.
Pros
commision
Cons
very little hours
All about the numbers
Cell Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 23, 2012
When you work at virgin all the upper management cares about is the sales figures, not if the employees are happy or not.

Virgins sales theory -
1. Happy sales people
2. Amazing customer service
3. Happy customers
4. Great sales numbers
5. Profit

If the employees are happy the customer service will be amazing, which makes customers happy which will produce great sales numbers which will make the company money. Overall they wanted happy sales people

Bells sales theory -
1. profit
2. great sales numbers
3. customers
4. sales people

All bell cares about is the overall numbers, not the employees and not the customer. They took what made Virgin a Great company and flipped it for what they think is right. They are completely tarnishing the virgin brand
Pros
free demo line
Cons
high sales goals, lack of acknowledgement, long hours, minimum pay
my experience working at virgin mobile
Cell phone sales rep (Former Employee) –  Bell, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Really good company to work with, lots to learn but the money I was making was not paying my bills.
Pros
great customer service learning, sales and a good understanding company if ur a student or can work partime very supporting
Cons
no cons to be honest it was just the pay was to low for me to pay my bills and live on
productive and fun at work
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2013
-"Log in" on the phone and computer system
-Check-in e-mails
-Call back client if needed
-Start taking call
-Caller can call you for anything regarding phone, i learn every day
-Co-workers approach me to help, good atmosphere
-Being very patient with clients who doesn't know anything about phone
-Halloween plus pizza
Awesome job for college students
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2014
Awesome company to work for! You get close with co-workers and they are very diverse. Awesome job for a college student. Hourly plus commission! Great management and you develop great customer service skills! Best job I have ever had.
Pros
awesome money for student
Cons
minimum 4 days/20 hours a week
suck up or get be kicked out
Customer Service Representative/tech support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2012
never know what your schedule is 2 weeks from now. 3 shifts that change weekly.

Learnt that if you don't brown nose the management you wont succeed.

A lot of fun if you don't care about the office politics
Pros
parties, discounts, great location
Cons
bad management, bad training, no stable shifts