Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fun and fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: Awesome coworkers
Cons: Downtime when the mall wasn't busy
A typical day at work for Virgin Mobile didn't exist. Working for VM is anything but typical. We would have all sorts of customers (at VM they're referred to as "members"). For argument's sake though, you would come in and click-in for your shift. Maintain a clean work environment, update records and sales metrics as the day went along and assist potential or existing members as they came by. I learned a lot about the telecommunication industry during my time at VM. Management was always very friendly and understanding. Co-workers were also very friendly people as they are the types of individuals that you would want working for such an industry. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet sales targets on days when no one really seemed to be visiting the mall. The most enjoyable part of the job was without a doubt the interactions you would have with the members and mall patrons.
We Loved going to Work
Store Manager / Sales Manager (Former Employee), PeterboroughJuly 14, 2012
Pros: benefits, support, rewards, salary, commission, training
Cons: having to leave
A typical day at work was always worth have, as manager it was my job to not only make sure "the job got done" but to also make sure that my staff enjoyed their jobs and wanted to come to work. With a wide sense of humor and an always positive attitude it was easy for my staff to handle stressful situations and enjoy what they had to do.

My ability to allow my staff to enjoy their job was made easy by a very solid and positive support of regional managers, district managers, and follow managers that were always willing to lend a helping hand when ever it was needed.

My hardest part of the job was when I had to fire an employee, my staff and I always had a very positive work relationship, when ever I did have to terminate their employment i spent some time before hand providing a list of available jobs in the area that I believed they would exceed in very well.
All about the numbers
Cell Phone Sales (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: free demo line
Cons: high sales goals, lack of acknowledgement, long hours, minimum pay
When you work at virgin all the upper management cares about is the sales figures, not if the employees are happy or not.

Virgins sales theory -
1. Happy sales people
2. Amazing customer service
3. Happy customers
4. Great sales numbers
5. Profit

If the employees are happy the customer service will be amazing, which makes customers happy which will produce great sales numbers which will make the company money. Overall they wanted happy sales people

Bells sales theory -
1. profit
2. great sales numbers
3. customers
4. sales people

All bell cares about is the overall numbers, not the employees and not the customer. They took what made Virgin a Great company and flipped it for what they think is right. They are completely tarnishing the virgin brand
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work would be I would go in open the booth and count the inventory and submit the results to head office so that supplies could be sent to us. I learned how to sell phones, plans, and accessories and which plan go best with what phone and what phone and plan go best with the customer. The management staff was amazing they were there to help you if needed any help and give you the training you needed to succeed in the job. The co-workers were amazing also they helped you with a sell to make sure that you gave the customer every option. The hardest part was when there was no one in the mall to sell too. The most enjoyable part was when I made a sell and the customer left happy.
Strong Leadership Background. Years of experience in the industry
Store Manager (Current Employee), West Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2014
Over all have had a vast amount of experience in the mobile and telecommunications world. Years of experience from Wireless Wave to Best Buy Mobile to Virgin Mobile.

Have had many years to grow as a better sales rep and increase and improve upon being a manager in the telecommunications world.

Over all a great company for work for still fairly new to Canada compared to other Mobile companies thus some growth needed in the management sectors and how certain things are run at store level.

Over all very good company to work for and will teach you lots...and value you not just as a employee but a regular person as well.
Good co workers for the most part, terrible managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: good sale days
Cons: management
My day consist of educating customers on all different cell phones and cell phone packages and ensuring that they received the best customer experience possible.
I didn't learn much of anything as I knew this specific line of work from previous experience.
Management was lazy, unproductive, manipulative and lacked respect.
Co workers were mostly awesome however there is always one that will be kind to your face and talk as soon as your back is turned
Dealing with a manager that was arrogant and useless
Selling as many phones as I could which in turn made me some good income.
comfortable sized store with great spacing
Sales Representative (Former Employee), torontoJune 1, 2015
Pros: Discounted phones and plans
Cons: not enough hours
usually would open the store. count the till and finish productivity paperwork. then proceed to help members find plans and devices that match their needs. I learned about the telecommunications industry and how Important customer service is.
Co workers made my job even better with our efficient team work.
hardest part of the job was selling accessories for devices when kiosks around the store sold them for a much lower price.
most enjoyable part of was interacting with new and current members of virgin mobile
Challenging but enjoyable work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Learning new information daily
Cons: Amount of hours constantly change
Main objective is to help members find their phone needs.
I've learned some better sales tactics/pitches
Management changes pretty frequently but it teaches you how to work with different types of management.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with customer complications and making sure the customer is always satisfied.
Enjoy working with a team and being able to have individuality and freely be able to be yourself while still working in a professional environment
Great people, forward thinking company who are vey empowering to their employes.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), SydneyApril 17, 2014
Pros: large campus, free transport, a lot of food vendors on site, great culture.
Cons: was a little far to travel to from home.
My typical day consists of a steady amount of work, a lot of laughs and a very open work environment.

You are free to be who you want to be without judgment. There was a lot of room for career progression and you were always encouraged to seek out new positions within the business or gain visibility over other departments.

The best company I have ever worked for.
Fun and competitive sales workplace
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee), Marlborough Mall, ABNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Awesome work environment, great opportunity for sales experience
Cons: Angry customers
Very competitive sales workplace, the harder you work the more you earn.
Learned how to effectively close sales and gave me valuable sales experience.
A great team of hard working co workers makes for a more competitive environment because everyone is driving for sales.
Most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the interpersonal relationships created with co workers, customers, and company executives.
good environment, fun
Mobile Specialist/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJune 1, 2012
Working for Virgin Mobile is fun and can be self-satisfying

however working in a commission based environment is not always a good thing. It can actually become demotivating, especially when you see others doing better than you are and when management is not working their hardest to motivate their employees.

Some of the management is excellent, others are not so great.

Great experience but I am looking for new experience and being a sales person is not a strength of mine.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
My day starts out pretty normal wake up and start my adventure to work everyday. I look forward in going in to work with a positive attitude. I currently like my job and position with Virgin Mobile as a CSR. I enjoy and look forward in going to work every day as my co-workers are amazing and is always willing to help and be there as a support team when ever needed. I have learnt may things about myself and people in general that in life we all share the many differences and similarity.
Productive, Challenging and fun loving workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Regina, SKSeptember 17, 2014
- Manage store operations
-Merchandising
-Stock ordering and receiving
-Invoice checks
-Observations and coach behaviours
-Motivate team to grow and learn everyday
-Drive sales and customer service.

With my daily tasks I have learnt to get the job done in an efficient way.

Hardest part was to keep the people motivated during the slow days of the month.

Most enjoyable part was the challenging nature of the job as very day was different in a way.
Great people small location
Sales Associate/Product Expert/Key Holder (Former Employee), markham ontJune 6, 2012
Pros: great perks, amazing commision
Cons: distance was an issue and the wasnt enough training
There were slow days and busy days.
I learned a different type of sales tactic.
Management was good as well as my co workers.
Hardest part was trying to learn the system on my own with out the help of my co workers
The most enjoyable part was seeing the satifaction on the clients/customers face when i was able to help them beyond thier expectations
The most soul crushing experience you will ever have.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2015
Pros: good discount, benefits even for part timers, paid vacation
Cons: very boring work, customers are generally not that well educated, too much downtime, standing for 8 hour shifts, mall hours.
Most likely one of the least fulfilling jobs out there. Very little room for advancement and the pay is not commiserate with the amount of work that you are required to do. The only good thing are the discount on the phone plan and the benefits.
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioJuly 17, 2012
Pros: cell phone if i wanted one
Cons: none that i can think of
A typical day at work with Virgin Mobile, I would open or close the booth, cell phones,plans and accessories. I learned more about phones and plans and accessories every day. The management at the booth wasn't the best but we did our job as best we could. The co-workers at Virgin were all great, we all got along. There was no hard part of the job because I loved every minute that I worked there. The whole job was enjoyable.
Gave me insight to the retail side of Human Resources
Assistant Manager/ Team Leader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: saw new people everyday (customers)
Cons: had to be on my feet all day
I was dealing a lot with seasonal employees for September (back to school) as well as December (Christmas) in order to accommodate seasonal sales demands.
I also maintained weekly and monthly scheduling.
Contacting applicants and screening for candidates for various sales positions.
Provided coaching on an ongoing basis.
Great Customer Service Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 2, 2016
One of the best customer service experiences I have attained. Working with a small-knit team and helping customers with various questions, including software, service plans, etc., was a great learning opportunity.

The most enjoyable part of working at Virgin was that I was able to interact with people daily and solve their problems. I really enjoyed helping people and knowing that I was able to make their day.
Fast paced environment, always changing
Store Manager (Former Employee), calgaryJune 3, 2015
Cons: work/life balance, stress
The four years I spent at Virgin Mobile were interesting and never boring. You are always learning new tech and how it benefits your customers lifestyle. You must always be connected to the job as its an expectation, this can result in poor work/life balance. Metrics are of the utmost importance and you are always worrying about them on a day to day basis.
Cell Phone Salesman
Customer Service Phone Salesman (Former Employee), Moncton. NBApril 29, 2014
Assisted customers in achieving the right phone and the right plan that would meet their needs. Also ensure that the customer was well aware of what to expect on the first bill to avoid any issues to arise in the future. By ensuring the customer understands our product and feel comfortable without company let me know that I was doing exceptional customer service.