Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 24, 2016
always had to meet the targets given and we did we got great feedback and awesome benefits.

I learned a lot about cellphones and the communication industry. The management was great, very helpful and available for support and help all the time. My co-workers were competitive which always brought life to the work place and guaranteed constant desire for more success.

The hardest part of the job was gaining the customer's trust so they can listen to my opinion and my advise on what product fits their needs. The best part was when the best fit was found and the customer left excited and happy with their purchase.
Pros
Great phone plans and benefits
Cons
No cons
The most soul crushing experience you will ever have.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2015
Most likely one of the least fulfilling jobs out there. Very little room for advancement and the pay is not commiserate with the amount of work that you are required to do. The only good thing are the discount on the phone plan and the benefits.
Pros
good discount, benefits even for part timers, paid vacation
Cons
very boring work, customers are generally not that well educated, too much downtime, standing for 8 hour shifts, mall hours.
Not as great by the end
Retail Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working there until Bell Canada took over, after that all the benefits of being a Virgin employee seemed to be null and void.
Fast paced team oriented sales environment, great for skill development!
Service Expert (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2016
Virgin Mobile is a great place to develop a number of skills including:
sales; customer service; management; conflict resolution; multitasking; and communication skills.

Although there is room for career advancement through Virgin and Bell, there are few available positions at any one time in the Ottawa area. As a result of the fact that the majority of employees within Virgin and Bell have intentions to grow within the company, these positions are usually filled by long term employees of five or more years. This can make it difficult to advance.

A great feature of this company is the eligibility for medical benefits. All employees (after the first three months) are eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Pros
commission, benefits
Cons
no room for growth, minimum wage
Productive but Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  OshawaOctober 5, 2015
Virgin Mobile had great managing staff, gives good incentives, always a contest going on. Laid back and praised well for succeeding. Good challenge, get to make money and deal with customers
Always fun
Sales Associate - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2016
Working in a retail environment can either be terrifying or amazing based on your personality. I'm pretty comfortable working in such settings and had no problem communicating with a passerby and just striking up a conversation. Being that the retail store was in a mall, there was always something going on to keep you busy.
Pros
Face-to-face interactions
Cons
Slow days
Fast paced environment, always changing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  calgaryJune 3, 2015
The four years I spent at Virgin Mobile were interesting and never boring. You are always learning new tech and how it benefits your customers lifestyle. You must always be connected to the job as its an expectation, this can result in poor work/life balance. Metrics are of the utmost importance and you are always worrying about them on a day to day basis.
Cons
work/life balance, stress
Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
The company as a whole is good but they take advantage of their employees in that they preach work life balance but do not support it.
Pros
Benifits, perks
Cons
Money
Excellent place to work, one of the better phone companies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Billings Bridge, ONMay 24, 2016
Virgin Mobile is one of the better phone companies, so it was nice being able to feel good about what you're selling to people. Minimum wage, yearly raises, good commission. Relaxed, easy-going job. Good benefits, very flexible hours, minimum 20 hours per week.
Pros
Free phone service
Fun and competitive sales workplace
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Marlborough Mall, ABNovember 9, 2015
Very competitive sales workplace, the harder you work the more you earn.
Learned how to effectively close sales and gave me valuable sales experience.
A great team of hard working co workers makes for a more competitive environment because everyone is driving for sales.
Most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the interpersonal relationships created with co workers, customers, and company executives.
Pros
Awesome work environment, great opportunity for sales experience
Cons
Angry customers
fun place to work with great team work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 2, 2016
very fun place to work customer service are great ! good pay and great hours! i always work with another person or as team which is good, can take break any time. i learned a lot about phones and plans and how to help customers
Pros
discount phones
Cons
shift problems
Great Customer Service Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 2, 2016
One of the best customer service experiences I have attained. Working with a small-knit team and helping customers with various questions, including software, service plans, etc., was a great learning opportunity.

The most enjoyable part of working at Virgin was that I was able to interact with people daily and solve their problems. I really enjoyed helping people and knowing that I was able to make their day.
Great brand/company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
Easy going job once one gets used to talking in public with customers and selling them on solutions for their wireless needs.
Pros
Casual dress and intersting work t-shirts
Cons
short shifts
Its alright.
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
My boss was great though. Although i didnt do well. This job wasnt right for me. Because i dont like pushing people to buy things. Or somewhat telling them lies, when there is cheaper places to get services,; so i can make my cotah.
very productive and fun
Bilingual Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
Assisting unsatisfied customers with their problems, problem solving job. I learned handing difficult situations without stressing.
Nice environment with helpful management and great coworkers and hard working people ready to reach target as team
We Loved going to Work
Store Manager / Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughJuly 14, 2012
A typical day at work was always worth have, as manager it was my job to not only make sure "the job got done" but to also make sure that my staff enjoyed their jobs and wanted to come to work. With a wide sense of humor and an always positive attitude it was easy for my staff to handle stressful situations and enjoy what they had to do.

My ability to allow my staff to enjoy their job was made easy by a very solid and positive support of regional managers, district managers, and follow managers that were always willing to lend a helping hand when ever it was needed.

My hardest part of the job was when I had to fire an employee, my staff and I always had a very positive work relationship, when ever I did have to terminate their employment i spent some time before hand providing a list of available jobs in the area that I believed they would exceed in very well.
Pros
benefits, support, rewards, salary, commission, training
Cons
having to leave
Challenging but enjoyable work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Main objective is to help members find their phone needs.
I've learned some better sales tactics/pitches
Management changes pretty frequently but it teaches you how to work with different types of management.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with customer complications and making sure the customer is always satisfied.
Enjoy working with a team and being able to have individuality and freely be able to be yourself while still working in a professional environment
Pros
Learning new information daily
Cons
Amount of hours constantly change
Great company
Sales Associate/Service & Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2014
I worked for Virgin Mobile for a while before leaving. I strongly reccommend to take advantage of their benefits becuase it is great especially tsince he minimum to get it is 20 hours a week. The people who work there are amazing and I truly wish them success in the roles there.
Pros
amazing prizes, great commission
Cons
long hours, extreme pressure
Learned alot
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONDecember 3, 2015
Was a fun place to work, learnt alot. Had a great manager who was willing to teach. The numbers weren't a huge impact on the job but deffinetly a bit of a push to hit your goal and store goals. The team we had was fantastic, we worked well together and helped each other out. It was a competition all the time.
fun workplace
Retail Support Rep (Former Employee) –  toronto ontarioJune 30, 2014
i worked for this company for almost 7 years, great place to work with potential of grow, good benefits. since bell pursahsed the company, the management team change a little bit. other then that, great work place.
Pros
free lunches sometimes