Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews

Fast paced team oriented sales environment, great for skill development!
Service Expert (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2016
Virgin Mobile is a great place to develop a number of skills including:
sales; customer service; management; conflict resolution; multitasking; and communication skills.

Although there is room for career advancement through Virgin and Bell, there are few available positions at any one time in the Ottawa area. As a result of the fact that the majority of employees within Virgin and Bell have intentions to grow within the company, these positions are usually filled by long term employees of five or more years. This can make it difficult to advance.

A great feature of this company is the eligibility for medical benefits. All employees (after the first three months) are eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Pros
commission, benefits
Cons
no room for growth, minimum wage
Fun place to work
Corporate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2016
Great place to work. Fun and outgoing company, always putting customers first. Offers great sales incentives. Benefits and pension plan are fantastic.
Fun workplace
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 March 2016
always had to meet the targets given and we did we got great feedback and awesome benefits.

I learned a lot about cellphones and the communication industry. The management was great, very helpful and available for support and help all the time. My co-workers were competitive which always brought life to the work place and guaranteed constant desire for more success.

The hardest part of the job was gaining the customer's trust so they can listen to my opinion and my advise on what product fits their needs. The best part was when the best fit was found and the customer left excited and happy with their purchase.
Pros
Great phone plans and benefits
Cons
No cons
A cool place where sales mean everything
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
A good place to work, as long as your coworkers are good people as well. You have to step out of your comfort zone and be willing to approach people as potential clients. Management is very knowledgable on the sales environment and are usually willing to provide tips and coaching on how to succeed. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the sales target in lower volume settings. If you don't hit targets consistently, your job is at risk.
Pros
Relaxed environment, casual uniforms, commission and employee discounts
Cons
sales mean everything; directors only see numbers, not the person
Excellent place to work, one of the better phone companies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Billings Bridge, ON24 May 2016
Virgin Mobile is one of the better phone companies, so it was nice being able to feel good about what you're selling to people. Minimum wage, yearly raises, good commission. Relaxed, easy-going job. Good benefits, very flexible hours, minimum 20 hours per week.
Pros
Free phone service
Virgin Mobile No Room To Grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
No room to grow
Customer Retention Experience
Customer Satisfaction Experience
Fun place to work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Although it is yet another call centre job, there are a lot of fun people that work there. If you enjoy a competitive work place then this is the place for you. There are motives and quotas to follow through on and management is happy to help you get there- as long as you show competency.
Fun, engaging, and well paying job. Absolutely perfect for a student.
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 November 2016
A typical work day includes a multitude of tasks and jobs. Customer interactions, product sales (which focuses heavy on up-selling products) organizing, accepting shipment of product, learning about new products are just some of the things that keep you busy throughout the day with Virgin Mobile.

I have great great experiences with this company. Direct managing staff does a great job at; Bringing coworkers together, possess fantastic communication with employees, seeing eye to eye with employees.

At times foot traffic can be VERY slow, sales can be very scarce at times. However they're many times that the tables are turned. Traffic is very heavy and sales to follow. Those are the times this job shines.

Upper management could be better at seeing eye-to-eye with employees, however they are fantastic at assisting job growth. Virgin Mobile can be a door to very prosperous positions in marketing, buisness, or management. If you let it.
Pros
Fun, involving, social, great direct management.
Cons
Sales targets can be stressful at times, pay stability WILL fluctuate.
Unable to hold onto staff, bad management, unhealthy work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2017
I worked for 2 years at this company and went through 3 managers in that time, including a stretch without one at all.
The current RM Aaron Moody bullies the sales associates and tried to have women fired constantly, citing they are "too emotional". Not a good environment.
fun place to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2017
very sales focus, you need to perform in order to stay in the job, virgin mobiles' product and features are pretty good, and easy to sale, all you need to do is to educate customers, that is because the marketing of the company is horrible, but once customers understand the product, they will buy, more sales lead to more money.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unstable income
good place
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC21 December 2016
very good place to learn things and be aware for the customer service.Competitive, good people is working there, very good experience.
The most soul crushing experience you will ever have.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2015
Most likely one of the least fulfilling jobs out there. Very little room for advancement and the pay is not commiserate with the amount of work that you are required to do. The only good thing are the discount on the phone plan and the benefits.
Pros
good discount, benefits even for part timers, paid vacation
Cons
very boring work, customers are generally not that well educated, too much downtime, standing for 8 hour shifts, mall hours.
Great team
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2017
It is a great part-time job for me, they have very accommodating with my schedule.

My work team was very fun and dynamic.

The hardest part it the waiting for the customers.
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto21 January 2017
it was fun helping customers get new phones and trying them out with them for the first time.

that process helped me pick out my phone.
Fun and a relaxed work environment
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  720 King St, Toronto, ON5 November 2016
Nice call centre environment. Working here is more laid back and business attire is casual. Fun group of people to work with. Was there was a short time and it was a good experience.
Very friendly and energetic work place
Sales Associate, Edmonton (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 September 2016
The management was never around and the staff had to take control on their own. The company was great as there were many rewards and recognition's.
We Loved going to Work
Store Manager / Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough14 July 2012
A typical day at work was always worth have, as manager it was my job to not only make sure "the job got done" but to also make sure that my staff enjoyed their jobs and wanted to come to work. With a wide sense of humor and an always positive attitude it was easy for my staff to handle stressful situations and enjoy what they had to do.

My ability to allow my staff to enjoy their job was made easy by a very solid and positive support of regional managers, district managers, and follow managers that were always willing to lend a helping hand when ever it was needed.

My hardest part of the job was when I had to fire an employee, my staff and I always had a very positive work relationship, when ever I did have to terminate their employment i spent some time before hand providing a list of available jobs in the area that I believed they would exceed in very well.
Pros
benefits, support, rewards, salary, commission, training
Cons
having to leave
Fast paced environment, always changing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  calgary3 June 2015
The four years I spent at Virgin Mobile were interesting and never boring. You are always learning new tech and how it benefits your customers lifestyle. You must always be connected to the job as its an expectation, this can result in poor work/life balance. Metrics are of the utmost importance and you are always worrying about them on a day to day basis.
Cons
work/life balance, stress
Not as great by the end
Retail Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2015
I enjoyed working there until Bell Canada took over, after that all the benefits of being a Virgin employee seemed to be null and void.
Productive but Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa5 October 2015
Virgin Mobile had great managing staff, gives good incentives, always a contest going on. Laid back and praised well for succeeding. Good challenge, get to make money and deal with customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.