Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews

Great competitive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 August 2017
Just like any sales job, they nudge you to make your sales goal and are there every step of the way to help you meet them. Management listens to you and you have frequent meetings from higher ups. Great opportunity for growth in this company. The culture is built for those who are seeking for the sky.
Pros
Great potential for growth
Cons
Sales (can be a pro too)
An amazingly beneficial experience as a salesmen but more as a person
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2017
Loved every minute of working with those gentlemen, they were as well informed about the job as they were people to hangout with. These opportunities of growth added to our customer interactions 10 fold.
It wasn't terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB28 June 2017
Virgin Mobile wasn't an awful place to work. The job was straightforward and pretty easy to do once you got the hang of it, I just hated being a salesperson who worked on commission. We would have to push certain plans or phones based on incentives we would get/targets we had to hit and sometimes we would sell a customer things they didn't need or want.
Because I was more interested in selling people the things they needed rather than hitting my targets, I had a challenging time with management. I just didn't feel right selling elderly people (the main clientele of the mall i was working at) the latest and greatest on an expensive plan when all they really needed was the basics with a basic device.
Working in sales taught me a lot of things, including the fact that sales isn't for me.
benefits
Cons
long hours, couldn't sit, slow location
Not a bad place to work
Store Manager & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 June 2017
I enjoyed my time at Virgin Mobile. If you are chosen to advance within the company you can do it quickly, but upper management really throws you in the deep end.
good place
Sales Expert/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 June 2017
i enjoyed the sales aspct of things, hours were great and location was decent. lots of standing on your feet so your back hurts alot by the end of the day. overall decent
Pros
location
Cons
standing too long
Bad stepping stone.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 June 2017
Virgin mobile as a whole company has the right mindset, focus on customers. Unfortunately that means deny employees. Benefits are non exsistant, job advancement involves ripping off co workers, and sales goals are terribly unrealistic. This company should be nothing more than a short stepping stone and learning experience for bigger and better things.
Pros
Discounted phone plan
Cons
Everything else.
fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 June 2017
open the kiosk
sell phones
good commission structure
patient staff
good special commission offers
lacks uniform
make you feel like your part of a family
Cons
working alone frequently
Its ok
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Your experience with this company will be what you make it. If you work hard and ignore the politics you can make a lot of money. Product is easy to sell and they provide the necessary tools to complete a sale.
Pros
Good comission
Cons
Politics
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 April 2017
Working with Virgin mobile lead to a new style of managing. Since the experience I had previously was working along people within my own community. Learning to work with co-workers with language barriers, new clientele, and work life.

This gave me a great learning experience to work in a environment outside my comfort zone, a challenge I was happy to meet.
Pros
Great management team
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
Good Company to work for. Staff and upper management are welcoming and easy to get along with. Pushy on sales though if we are not meeting targets. Overall good place to work at.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
sometimes very slow, to clients
A cool place where sales mean everything
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
A good place to work, as long as your coworkers are good people as well. You have to step out of your comfort zone and be willing to approach people as potential clients. Management is very knowledgable on the sales environment and are usually willing to provide tips and coaching on how to succeed. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the sales target in lower volume settings. If you don't hit targets consistently, your job is at risk.
Pros
Relaxed environment, casual uniforms, commission and employee discounts
Cons
sales mean everything; directors only see numbers, not the person
Unable to hold onto staff, bad management, unhealthy work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2017
I worked for 2 years at this company and went through 3 managers in that time, including a stretch without one at all.
The current RM Aaron Moody bullies the sales associates and tried to have women fired constantly, citing they are "too emotional". Not a good environment.
fun place to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2017
very sales focus, you need to perform in order to stay in the job, virgin mobiles' product and features are pretty good, and easy to sale, all you need to do is to educate customers, that is because the marketing of the company is horrible, but once customers understand the product, they will buy, more sales lead to more money.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unstable income
Great team
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2017
It is a great part-time job for me, they have very accommodating with my schedule.

My work team was very fun and dynamic.

The hardest part it the waiting for the customers.
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto21 January 2017
it was fun helping customers get new phones and trying them out with them for the first time.

that process helped me pick out my phone.
Fun place to work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Although it is yet another call centre job, there are a lot of fun people that work there. If you enjoy a competitive work place then this is the place for you. There are motives and quotas to follow through on and management is happy to help you get there- as long as you show competency.
Virgin Mobile No Room To Grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
No room to grow
Customer Retention Experience
Customer Satisfaction Experience
good place
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC21 December 2016
very good place to learn things and be aware for the customer service.Competitive, good people is working there, very good experience.
Fun and a relaxed work environment
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  720 King St, Toronto, ON5 November 2016
Nice call centre environment. Working here is more laid back and business attire is casual. Fun group of people to work with. Was there was a short time and it was a good experience.
Fun, engaging, and well paying job. Absolutely perfect for a student.
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 November 2016
A typical work day includes a multitude of tasks and jobs. Customer interactions, product sales (which focuses heavy on up-selling products) organizing, accepting shipment of product, learning about new products are just some of the things that keep you busy throughout the day with Virgin Mobile.

I have great great experiences with this company. Direct managing staff does a great job at; Bringing coworkers together, possess fantastic communication with employees, seeing eye to eye with employees.

At times foot traffic can be VERY slow, sales can be very scarce at times. However they're many times that the tables are turned. Traffic is very heavy and sales to follow. Those are the times this job shines.

Upper management could be better at seeing eye-to-eye with employees, however they are fantastic at assisting job growth. Virgin Mobile can be a door to very prosperous positions in marketing, buisness, or management. If you let it.
Pros
Fun, involving, social, great direct management.
Cons
Sales targets can be stressful at times, pay stability WILL fluctuate.