Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great brand/company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
Pros: Casual dress and intersting work t-shirts
Cons: short shifts
Easy going job once one gets used to talking in public with customers and selling them on solutions for their wireless needs.
Its alright.
Store manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
My boss was great though. Although i didnt do well. This job wasnt right for me. Because i dont like pushing people to buy things. Or somewhat telling them lies, when there is cheaper places to get services,; so i can make my cotah.
fun place to work with great team work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 2, 2016
Pros: discount phones
Cons: shift problems
very fun place to work customer service are great ! good pay and great hours! i always work with another person or as team which is good, can take break any time. i learned a lot about phones and plans and how to help customers
Great Customer Service Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 2, 2016
One of the best customer service experiences I have attained. Working with a small-knit team and helping customers with various questions, including software, service plans, etc., was a great learning opportunity.

The most enjoyable part of working at Virgin was that I was able to interact with people daily and solve their problems. I really enjoyed helping people and knowing that I was able to make their day.
Not as great by the end
Retail Support/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working there until Bell Canada took over, after that all the benefits of being a Virgin employee seemed to be null and void.
very productive and fun
Bilingual Retention Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
Assisting unsatisfied customers with their problems, problem solving job. I learned handing difficult situations without stressing.
Nice environment with helpful management and great coworkers and hard working people ready to reach target as team
Learned alot
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONDecember 3, 2015
Was a fun place to work, learnt alot. Had a great manager who was willing to teach. The numbers weren't a huge impact on the job but deffinetly a bit of a push to hit your goal and store goals. The team we had was fantastic, we worked well together and helped each other out. It was a competition all the time.
The most soul crushing experience you will ever have.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2015
Pros: good discount, benefits even for part timers, paid vacation
Cons: very boring work, customers are generally not that well educated, too much downtime, standing for 8 hour shifts, mall hours.
Most likely one of the least fulfilling jobs out there. Very little room for advancement and the pay is not commiserate with the amount of work that you are required to do. The only good thing are the discount on the phone plan and the benefits.
Fun and competitive sales workplace
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee), Marlborough Mall, ABNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Awesome work environment, great opportunity for sales experience
Cons: Angry customers
Very competitive sales workplace, the harder you work the more you earn.
Learned how to effectively close sales and gave me valuable sales experience.
A great team of hard working co workers makes for a more competitive environment because everyone is driving for sales.
Most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the interpersonal relationships created with co workers, customers, and company executives.
Productive but Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), OshawaOctober 5, 2015
Virgin Mobile had great managing staff, gives good incentives, always a contest going on. Laid back and praised well for succeeding. Good challenge, get to make money and deal with customers
Challenging but enjoyable work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Learning new information daily
Cons: Amount of hours constantly change
Main objective is to help members find their phone needs.
I've learned some better sales tactics/pitches
Management changes pretty frequently but it teaches you how to work with different types of management.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with customer complications and making sure the customer is always satisfied.
Enjoy working with a team and being able to have individuality and freely be able to be yourself while still working in a professional environment
Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Benifits, perks
Cons: Money
The company as a whole is good but they take advantage of their employees in that they preach work life balance but do not support it.
Fun workplace
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great Management Team
This was a good company to work for because upper management was absolutely fantastic. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing how happy customers were when they got the product they wanted.
Awesome part-time job, great flexibility and constantly learning new technologies
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 14, 2015
-great management that offers staff lots of flexibility and advancement opportunity
-awesome co-workers to work with
-very busy locations. Has lots of opportunities to hit personal/ store target
Fast paced environment, always changing
Store Manager (Former Employee), calgaryJune 3, 2015
Cons: work/life balance, stress
The four years I spent at Virgin Mobile were interesting and never boring. You are always learning new tech and how it benefits your customers lifestyle. You must always be connected to the job as its an expectation, this can result in poor work/life balance. Metrics are of the utmost importance and you are always worrying about them on a day to day basis.
comfortable sized store with great spacing
Sales Representative (Former Employee), torontoJune 1, 2015
Pros: Discounted phones and plans
Cons: not enough hours
usually would open the store. count the till and finish productivity paperwork. then proceed to help members find plans and devices that match their needs. I learned about the telecommunications industry and how Important customer service is.
Co workers made my job even better with our efficient team work.
hardest part of the job was selling accessories for devices when kiosks around the store sold them for a much lower price.
most enjoyable part of was interacting with new and current members of virgin mobile
Very fun and fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: Awesome coworkers
Cons: Downtime when the mall wasn't busy
A typical day at work for Virgin Mobile didn't exist. Working for VM is anything but typical. We would have all sorts of customers (at VM they're referred to as "members"). For argument's sake though, you would come in and click-in for your shift. Maintain a clean work environment, update records and sales metrics as the day went along and assist potential or existing members as they came by. I learned a lot about the telecommunication industry during my time at VM. Management was always very friendly and understanding. Co-workers were also very friendly people as they are the types of individuals that you would want working for such an industry. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet sales targets on days when no one really seemed to be visiting the mall. The most enjoyable part of the job was without a doubt the interactions you would have with the members and mall patrons.
Fun and Competitive
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), calgaryApril 24, 2015
Its a great company to work for. Love the people and the job. Good brand and super easy to sell. Teaches all sort of different skills which mostly include selling services and mainly customer service.
Good
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
great work place, just looking for more opportunities. something a bit more local and that pays better as well. everyone at the store is amazing,
It was a family
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABNovember 17, 2014
I wouldn't have left this job if I had the choice. I wasn't able to transfer back to Lloydminster after living in BC because of the full staffing. I worked here for two years, and my coworkers had become a small family, still keep in touch and hang out with them frequently. It was a fun work environment for sure.