Virgin Mobile Canada Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
Fun people, creative environment. You will be taking calls from customers but you are given the resources to help them and make a positive impact. Even though its a call center, i loved working here
Pros
fun environment, good benefits
Cons
call center
Job is what you made of it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
-Great people/co-workers. As a mega-corp, expect to be a faceless number.
-Denied promotions and advancement based on gender/orientation which was openly stated in the interview process.
-Shifts are determined by seniority but there was a huge number of tenured employees and students who would get their way which forced the company to not honour process for regular staff.
-commonly advised to ignore the law when dealing with policies and customers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Bell Canada
Don’t call Work here!!!!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
If you work for virgin mobile they returned screwed you over your money. They are so disorganized so if you come up with a problem tomorrow is going to have to do it on your own and figure it out to the times that you have to do some yoga plans if you turn around.
Weird brand
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB11 October 2017
It's a bargain brand and your often scraping the bottom of the barrel and fending off carnivorous coworkers to make your sales targets.
Benefits and commission rates are constantly being gutted.
Pros
Discounts on random stuff you don't need
Cons
Staring into the void of an empty mall praying you aren't harassed by prepaid meth heads
amaing staff and amazing company
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2017
I loved working at virgin because it went hand in hand with my school schedule plus the pay is really good when you count for the commission. They have lots of benefits and the management is really good and give you all the tools to help you succeed.
Pros
very laid back
Cons
customer issues
Great place to start, but no advancement.
Cellular Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 August 2017
Started with the company and immediately liked the job, great hours and great work balance. After about a year and as per a hiring condition, I was promised to start management training. After my regional manager and everyone above him kept dodging the question everytime I brought it up, I felt really unappreciated for the work that I did and I kept getting pushed aside, so I moved on. Great company and great brand to be a part of but don't expect to move up the ranks.
Pros
Easy Job, Good Hours, Great Brand.
Cons
Terrible managememt staff, hard work is not rewarded.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 August 2017
This is a fun place to work. I worked here throughout collage. I worked at the Fort McMurray location during the evacuation and they were amazing to all of us.
Virgin mobile at bridlewood mall- previous owner
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
My boss was a good boss, because she was always positive facing customers and co-workers. She never treated me unfairly, she tried to foster me by telling me advices that come to mind when appropriate. She was a very dedicated person in my opinion. The best part working there is, you can feel great working there because you can have a sense of freedom, like taking a break, when there's not much to do.
apprendre de jour en jour
Gerant (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC5 December 2016
gestions de stocks
gestions des employés
ventes
services a la clientèle
résoudre les problèmes
Pros
carte blanche pour promouvoir mon point de ventes
Cons
beaucoup d'anciens problèmes avant mon arrivée
Rewarding Job with Lots to Learn
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 May 2016
The job is one where you can make good money, but you have to work at it. There's a lot of standing around and waiting for people to walk up so boredom becomes an issue. Co-workers are friendly and help your day go by when the day is slow. Targets to hit are manageable but might be difficult to hit all metrics.
Fun and easy going work environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 January 2016
Unique challenges faced everyday, new technology to promote and information to learn to always keep you on your feet, learning and developing new strategies to sell and connect with prospective clients.

Management needs to improve, a lot of micro-management not allowing employees to truly develop and move forward in their careers. Constant remarks about what is good for the business completely outweighs what is good for the business with keeping a balance between business, human resources and customer satisfaction
Pros
Great pay for the work
Cons
Co-workers are very nice. I had enjoyed alot on this job
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 November 2015
I always ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I had learned the new deals of mobile company as well as the benefits. I like to deal with customers most.
Ever changing industry that keeps the job interesting and fun.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2015
A ton of room for advancement if you live in the Toronto area, but unfortunately the opportunities can lessen the further from Toronto you live. Outstanding executives and directors who have extensive knowledge of the industry and very transparent with the managers who report to them. Guaranteed benefits for every single worker, and multiple ways to earn extra money each month make this job interesting and fun the majority of the time. As with all sales jobs there is pressure to hit monthly goals, but the company does do a more than fair job at doing what they can to drive business to their stores.
Pros
Excellent hours, benefits are great, lots of room for advancement if willing to move.
Cons
Pay and commission structure could always be better.
Fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2015
This was a very challenging role as many of our systems were quite manually to track inventory and deal with our vendors. I was in charge of managing the inventory across Canada for all their retail channels.
Pros
small team
Cons
systems were slow
A great place to learn!
Team Manager- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada19 September 2015
A great place to learn! Everyone is always willing to lend a hand towards the overall objective- Customer Satisfaction
ERT Specialist/Tier 2 Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2015
-I took anywhere from about 10-80 calls a day depending on how busy it was
-learned how to manage my time when it came to breaks and/or lunches
-Management was good, They held coaching and team meeting to make sure all the agents were doing their jobs to the best of our ability
-co-workers were awesome as they kept up the moral whenever there were bad calls or issues that seemed really frustrating.
-hardest part of the job was to deal with members who didn't pay or haven't paid bills and they call cussing and swearing at you
-Most enjoyable part was the people
Pros
Not complicate work, great work environment
Cons
Rotating shifts, working 4-midnights
Productive work environment at Virgin Mobile Canada
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 June 2015
Typical day At work is making sure everything is working correctly and that everything is up to company standards.

Everyday is a learning experience on how to deal with unsatisfied customers and how to over come objections on getting the sale.

Everyone at work is always friendly and everyone helps each other if one of is struggling on closing the sale even though it is commission based, we still help each other out.

Explaining all the benefits to the customer about why they should sign up with our company is the hardest thing, but if you have that connection with the customer most of the time they will come back to you and sign up.

Work environment is important it has to be friendly and welcoming to everyone
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
Need to promote within the company rather then externally
Great environment to work
Bilingual Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2015
Most days are busy at Virgin. A supervisor has many responsibilities A day at Virgin looks something like this....escalations, business analysis, coaching reps, call insights, meetings, performance management etc..

I have learned quite a bit working at Virgin. The company has made me into a solid manager. My co workers are great, very easy going place to work.
love the environment
CSR inbound Call Centre (Former Employee) –  toronto15 April 2015
i love working in the call centre field. theres a lot of great people and i love working in customer service to help others when needed. i like long hours and i like being challenged in high pressured environments.
Pros
hours are good and the pay was great
Best job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham Region30 March 2015
First off let me say this isn't for everyone. If you can't sell, you won't enjoy it. If you're the kind of person who can find their way into making every customer satisfied and engaged, you will do well. You start at 20 hours but you can work your way up to more if you perform. With the commission, it seems like you're working double the hours. I was surprised at how much you get paid. Tons of benefits and kickbacks. Management is great, they give you more than a fair chance and work with you to become a better salesman. A lot of advancement opportunity. Great breaks as well. The product is excellent, and it helps to be proud of what you are selling. When it comes to retail, hands down the best company I've worked for. If you are a gifted salesman, this is The job for you.
Pros
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Mobile Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9