Social Media Specialist/Content Coordinator
Viral In Nature is a social media, reputation management and web design start up agency growing at an unbelievably fast pace. Get in on the ground floor and grow with us.
We’re hiring Social Media Specialists who want to make a measurable impact. Talented, well-rounded professionals who enjoy a fast-paced environment are encouraged to apply.
This is a part time position that will lead to full time. You will work directly with our President and award winning Social Media Specialist, Shawn Alain, as well as directly with our clients to help manage and execute our clients’ digital strategy. This is a high-impact, high-visibility position with a tremendous opportunity for growth.
Social Media Specialists will be responsible for creating unique content and promoting it via social media, as well as performing web-based research to monitor trends and current events.
- Develop smart and strategic social media plans from concept to execution to measurement.
Curate social media content using appropriate tone and tenor in accordance with brand guidelines
- Write content and coordinate visual look and feel of social channels
- Monitor and respond to audience community management
- Create and manage digital promotions and social ad campaigns
- Manage all statistical analysis and reporting across digital channels
- Use strong marketing skills to ensure all social media campaigns are in adherence with individual brand goals and strategies
- Demonstrate strong project management skills including: conceptualization; analysis; driving alignment; planning resources; managing across teams; managing milestones and objectives and be responsible for overall project, content or campaign success.
- Actively monitor trends in web and social media tools and channels
- Understand key benchmarks for social media marketing
- Have knowledge of, and ability to work with, internal and external vendors, contractors and suppliers for content production, app development, web development, fulfillment and legal
Partake in brainstorms for creative solutions to client requests; work on all client and new business announcements that involve digital media
- Create daily / weekly content
- Contribute to social media pages such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Yelp.
- Engage in conversations on social media
- Recommend process improvements
- Adhere to assigned work schedules (start time, breaks, lunch, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) and a positive attitude are a must.
- Typing skills of at least 40 words per minute
- A customer service focus and the ability to work as a team and independently are a necessity
- Reliable and creative
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and work effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, share ideas and accept constructive reviews
- Post-secondary education, or currently enrolled, in related field to digital media, new media, communications or marketing
- Previous experience working with digital and social media
- Flexibility, attention to detail and ability to get things done quickly
- Strong online and social micro-blogging and proofing experience
- Working comprehension of content marketing theory and demonstrated experience in content plan strategy, development and execution
- Deep knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants
- Excellent written, language and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate content across written, pictorial and video formats
- Team player that possesses leadership skills
- Hardworking, diligent and detail-oriented
- Exceptional organizational, time management skills and multi-tasking skills
- Fast learner that is able to seamlessly juggle working on a variety of brands from different sectors and countries
- Strong technical skills and the ability to learn new ones seamlessly
- An understanding of SEO, web hosting, publishing and analytics
- Understanding of Wordpress and Joomla or Similar
- Microsoft Office – Primarily Word, Excel and Power Point
- Adobe Creative Suite – Primarily Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge and InDesign
- Starting wage of $9.95/hour
- Flexible work hours. Currently we’re looking for three, four hour shifts per week in the day or evening to suit your schedule. At the rate we are currently growing, this position could grow into full-time by the end of summer.
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Mission Statement: We capture the POWER of SOCIAL MEDIA for the benefit of our clients. An award winning Social Media Management &...