Vintage Hotels Employee Reviews

Productive and a great place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON8 September 2017
Great company to work for, if you are willing to learn you can learn from several trained professionals in many different fields. From breakfast to dinner from banquets and weddings.
Low Pay and Management are very under Qualified
Maintenance Utility (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON26 July 2017
I was lucky enough to get put on days. The wages are low for a multi million dollar Corporation. You are expected to do a lot for low pay and not ask questions. Management is very under qualified and did not care about staff just the bottom dollar and saving $$ so they get a good xmas bonus and raises.

The so called free lunch is disgusting, it was usually cold breakfast thats been sitting out for hours, or it was carbs and pasta that was usually undercooked. I get that it is free but come on people in soup kitchens eat better than that! The only good days were if there was a wedding the night before than we got the left overs which were decent like steak or prime rib BUT this was maybe once a month if that.

My Co-workers were great but there was no way for advancement just the way it was.

***The best thing about this job was that in the summer when we up sold and were very profitable we would receive pre paid master cards where the value was anywhere from $30.00-95.00 it was a nice little bonus but again usually on in the summer when the Hotel was making hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Pros
Co-workers, prepaid mastercards
Cons
Management, Free lunch, Wage
Favouritism and nepotism at its finest.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  NOTL14 June 2017
Worked for Vintage for a few years, the job it's self I enjoyed however management is very petty and spiteful towards workers at the location I was in. They allowing bullying to go on from all aspects; between workers, from management to workers and between departments. There is an unhealthy amount of favouritism that happens within the kitchen and when complaints are raised they are either ignored or the complainant is disciplined for an imaginary issue. Fortunately they're are a few gems within the department that make it bearable but not enough to lift the atmosphere of the whole place.
Pros
Slightly higher pay
Cons
No appreciation
First Service goal.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON9 June 2017
Developed a floor plan with the reservations on the book for serves to prepare and deliver an excellent services.
Improved communication skills.
The workplace culture is very welcoming, professional and hard worker.
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON14 May 2017
It's a great working environment, with great staff. There is a lot of perks of working at Vintage hotels for example free yearly stays and employee of the month is a great perk.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
lots of hours or no hours
Love my job
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON13 January 2017
Work with great people
My manager cares about me and takes an interest
Customers are awesome
I get recognized for a job well done
Have fun
Pros
Benefits, perks, free night stays, 50% off meals
Cons
Working weekends
Fun place to work
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON30 December 2016
Sales team was inviting and friendly. Work-life balance was fair in the sales/marketing department. This was an internship but would consider going back to work permanent full-time if position with desired salary became available.
Terrible salaries 👎
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
This is the worse company to work for in Niagara Region. They expect a lot of experience and expertise and pay terrible salaries. Give me a break!!! IT Technician job posting offers $33, 000 in salary and Vintage wants 3 years experience.

That is an insult to an experienced mid-professional .

Don't even bother ...
Pros
Nothing outstanding
Cons
Many
Not real reviews!!!!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lounge29 September 2016
The 6 reviews written are not by real employees! Guaranteed!!! Horrifying management, equally horrifying co-workers. They are getting the right reputation to have to fudge reviews! Only newbies to the industry or near homeless people would resort to working there!
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
List too long
Awesome place to work
Spa Reservation (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON17 September 2016
I loved the difference between the 3 properties. There was never a dull moment. Met a lot of people from all over the world. Great experience
Pros
hours
Cons
moved away

Want to know more about Vintage Hotels?

Ask a question
amazing incredible place to work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON25 July 2016
Amazing incredible place to work. There is a great interest in staff and dedication to there advancement when I started on the front desk I was interested in being a front office manager. They have put me on a training plan to get me ready. The training is in depth and I felt very comfortable working for this company. I believe we had the CEO and VP of HR come and they were very kind and have always been very helpful. The management team at my property are dedicated to work but really is one place I can say I enjoy working for such a fun place.
Pros
staff lunches, staff summer picnic and ball game, great people to work with
Such a generous company
Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara on the Lake25 July 2016
I love working here. All of Management cares for their team. There is mutual respect. Best company I have ever worked for and I've worked for a lot. We have wonderful employee events, sporting tournaments, Christmas parties and contests.

We have incentives almost every month. It seems that every month our hotels makes the incentive and we are given a Visa gift card. Usually around $100!!!! Every year we also get profit share.

They pay great too. I have a friend that works as a line cook in Niagara Falls, and I get paid $2.00 more an hour.
Pros
Free lunch, profit share, benefits, pay
Cons
Drive is half an hour from my house
Great workplace
Porter/ Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON28 February 2016
There was a lot of daily tasks to be done, including preparation of rooms, cleaning after other groups, moving and setting up tables for banquets. There was a good work environment and I enjoyed working there.
My experience
Guest Service Manager/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Niagara on the Lake, ON6 January 2013
A typical day at work is fast paced and busy. I have grown and learned as an individual as well as a team member in this environment. Management is helpful and there when you need them. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a guest who has been completely taken aback with my services.
Great company to work for
Guest Service Agent, Office - Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON8 November 2012
I enjoy going to work, it is one of the best companies in Canada.
They provide excellent training, and teach good skills how to do your job best.
My managers are excellent group of people, they are willing to help any time of a day they are also my coworkers.
The hardest part of a job to say awake at night when it is not busy.
I enjoy helping people as a Guest Service Representative.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no on the site parking when it is too busy