Kitchen Helper (Cook's Helper)
Head Chef, Sous-Chef or Kitchen Manager
Salary Range: $12 - $13/hr
Summary: The Cook’s Helper is responsible for Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit, Washing work tables, cupboards and appliances, Removing trash and clear kitchen garbage containers, Unpacking and storing supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas, Sweep and mop floors, and perform other duties to assist cook and kitchen staff as per supervisors direction.
The Cook’s Helper must work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas for easy access.
- Inform supervisors when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
- Weigh and measure ingredients and portions.
- Wash, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Stock cupboards and refrigerators.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Chop ingredients for meal preparation following the Chef’s instructions.
- Use manual and/or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Keep records of the quantities of food used.
- Ensuring all leftover ingredients, sauces, baked goods are disposed of appropriately.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Effective communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Previous kitchen related experience an asset
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to extreme temperatures and water.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment.
- Overtime as required.
Indeed - 13 months ago