Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time, 7am-3pm; Day shift
Department: Shipping & Receiving
Industrial Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Manager for an industrial flexible packaging converter in Bradford Ontario. Employee will supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment: Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Employee will also supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in managing inventory of finished goods, components, and raw materials in a organized and efficient manor.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and performing all shipping & receiving duties as stated above.
- Maintaining accurate inventory of Finished Goods, Components, and Raw Material.
- Identify and correct inventory stock, receiving, or shipping errors.
- Troubleshooting quantity discrepancies. Performs research into root causes of inventory inaccuracies. Works with others to resolve process problems that may lead to inaccuracy.
- Identify damaged or obsolete inventory for replacement or disposal.
- Conduct scheduled cycle count of inventory stock.
- Provide Assistance with warehouse returns.
- Review packaging and batch tickets for errors and resolve errors.
- Scan and file inventory related documents.
Additional tasks assigned as needed.
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Must be comfortable working in a Manufacturing Production environment.
- Must be able to manage other employees efficiently and effectively.
- Required to sit or stand and move about the facility.
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, stoop and twist occasionally.
- Occasional lifting of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Ability to be trained and certified to drive a Fork-lift, previous experience a plus.
Not afraid of heights.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office – Excel & Word.
- Proven experience in similar position focusing on Inventory Control.
- Experience in the Manufacturing environment.
- Experience with raw materials, packaging components, and finished goods.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and handheld mobile scanners.
- Experience operating sit down forklift with OSHA forklift certification.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Flexible Packaging Converter