VINCI Park Employee Reviews

Was a wonderful experience.. of being lied to.
Parking Enforcment (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 July 2016
Starting off, they were great to work for, was on my feet doing go-fer's and parking attendant, making sure everyone followed the parking rules ( found out the bosses were"exempt" from this, apparently), though I worked around that, I enjoyed helping people out. A great experience up to my 3 month review.
On my 3 month, they conveniently forgot to mention , no raises or benefits, which I was told I would get. Not at all, they were tolerant of sick leave, till I got pnuemonia, then they had to find a way to get rid of me, always asking if this job is "right for me", the depression of that, made me leave, I begged them to take me back, and nada, a laugh and a boot to the butt.
I did enjoy working there, but I found out, it was very clique -ish. Really sad, good pay, and no weekends. Ah, it was an experience.
Pros
Alot of walking, no weekends.
Cons
Being in the worse weather you could think of, substandard equipment, clique-based mentality.
Pearson Parking
Central Monitoring Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
Its a customer service role with some security as well, attending customers inquiry pertaining to their flights and parking rates.

Unionized working environment.
Pros
Work Location
Cons
no benefits
Productive and great experience
Teller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2015
Working at Vinci Park as a teller has allowed me to perfect my customer service skills and hone my skills as a teller. I am able to have a flexible work schedule.
The parking Industry is not fun
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2015
Dealing with irate customers who always think their violations or unjust and not fair, no fun place to work, not a hostil environment but very 'clicky'
Good place to work, a lot of customer service
Cashier - Valet (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 August 2014
• Guide and inform the customer on the parking lot concerning the rules, procedures, opening hours
• Ensure the safe movement of customer vehicles while offering excellent customer service
• Collect parking fees and perform manual transactions
• Manage cash during the shift hours
• Complete daily/cash report accurately
• Fill various others forms: event reports, incident reports
Very nice job where you working alone and dealing with all kind of customer
Teller, Valet (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2013
I don't remember having a typical day. The only day that was kind of worse for me it's when I had to work 18 hours because we had an emergency that day. I have leraned many thing at that job like been on my own and dealing with any kind of situation not only being a teller or Valet, but sometime I had to do some quick maintenance and tried to resolved any type of accident. My co-workers are the best co-worker ever, we have very good relationship. The hardest pat of that job we don't have no break and the most enjoyable part of if is the fact you can bring your computer, phone, Ipad and tec.. with you while and used them while you working.
Pros
Cons
12 hours
The Leadeship
Attendant Park Marshal (Former Employee) –  TorontoON4 October 2013
Easy going day at sites, or may even be hard and stressful it would depend where you are posted. you can be sured to learn something or pick up something like an error, but learn move on. You can enjoy their leadership, you can also be sured the response and reply is heard, and acted upon...they have strong and good qualities for employers. I think to be sure you have the right job description or work set you back a little if you have go in to a meeting... most enjoyable part working where I worked was being able to have coffee break and see to other do the same...
Pros
time of work.
Cons
When you hear "oversight'
Can be demanding at times
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2014
My typical day at work is opening or closing booth everyday. I am a parking attendant so I am responsible that all tickets are being payed for and place in all vehicles throughout the day. counting and balancing money as well as making deposits and of course excellent customer service. I work alone with no supervision. There's nothing hard about my job. I enjoy working with customers.
Cons
Fast paced and organized company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 April 2013
I have worked at the parking garage for almost 18 years and have developed a passion for it.I have been very fortunate to have a management team that took the time to invest in me to learn the ever changing systems.A small but supportive team is employeed there.Every day challenges keep the job exciting but the vast amount of customers would have to be the most enjoyable.
It gives me an opportunity to meet many persons and develop my english and french languages.
Voiturier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 May 2014
I worked with many people directly. I took the responsibilities and assure them good service. I learned to work in stressful condition where you get a lot of persons asking for your services in the same time, you have to show rapidity, and possibly no mistake.
Pros
Lunch time paid
Cons
Low pay
Very busy work environment
Central Monitoring Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pearson Intl Airport1 March 2015
Day starts at 07:00am and is hectic through the day.

Learnt providing excellent customer service

Contracted Management

Good co-workers

Intermittent exposure to extreme cold weather

Helping customers
Being an efficiant valet means a lot of qualities.
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 July 2012
I enjyed my work there, because I had a chance to talk to people and to serve them politely. Most of he cients were polite whhich facilitates a lot my job. Working as a valet is a job of precise and respect.
Pros
meeting different clients
Cons
very early shifts
Great co-workers with great management but bad conditions
Parking lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2014
It Was our job to withstand the cold while screening for passes, parking cars safely, and making sure they get in and out safely.
Pros
Discount at the Sens store.
Cons
Very cold for long periods of time sometimes and very bad hours.
Part time job
Valet (Current Employee) –  ottawa, on30 September 2013
This job was able to provide me with the extra income I was looking for and it all worked well around my full time job. I've always enjoyed working in an atmosphere which surrounded me people and was full of energy.
Pros
Tips, flexible working hours, live energy
Cons
events can finish late
Enjoyed
Valet Driver (Current Employee) –  Montreal,Qc12 April 2014
It is a very easy job with not a lot of thinking that was needed. I can't complain on this, however I am looking for a job that would pay better and that has more benefits. Of course if the job also had opportunities to advance this of course would be a plus.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
no job Future
Advantages of being a supervisor
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 September 2014
I learned what it is to manage a small company. From pays to schedules and auditing and accounting. Working as a supervisor needs some skills as stress management, a very good customer service and a very good organization.
Excellent Company to work for
Event Based - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Kanata5 July 2014
Management is "fair" to all employees.
I like the fact that at the end of each event, the job is done until the next event.
Call center operator/ technical assistance (Former Employee) –  Montreal QC8 March 2014
Lots of fun people and a great organization. Could not provide part time employment.
Managing staff, maintaining budget and customer service, fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2014
- Meeting clients at the location assigned to provide the parking solution (residence, commercial lots, businesses). Schedule appropriate number of staff required to run job successfully. Greet guests to provide them with utmost customer service at the same time manage staff to maintain professionalism when handling celebrities vehicles or high profile clients. Discharge staff as need no longer required due to maximize profits.

- I learned that there is always ways to improve the operations. There has been many instances where I was able to learn from one event and make a suggestion to managers which would then be implemented in future event. Learned managing staff can be challenging as everyone has their own needs and requirements, however decisions have to be made in the best interest of the company in order to run a successful business.

- It can be difficult to manage and book staff based on the budget assigned. Therefore, it is essential to keep great communication with team members and motivate the experienced staff to provide their assistance on projects with limited budgets.

- It is very rewarding at the end of each event when there is no complaints by the client and there were no mishaps during events from my staff. This leads to great customer satisfaction and has led to multiple future projects with these clients.
Pros
Meeting new people and building relationships, managing staff
Cons
working in frigid weather during winters, working evening late hours
Terrible Company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On21 January 2015
I was a cashier at a Hotel location in the GTA, right in the downtown core. I was responsible for counting the float, signing in my hours for the day, and how much the float was at the beginning of my shift, and again at the end of my shift. I also had to write up 3 envelopes; one for each area. One of them being this company to have proof of the tickets of my shift for the day.

I learned pretty much nothing that I already didn't know in my previous employers. The management was absolutely terrible. The supervisor barely spoke English properly, which was very hard to understand, as well as work with. That also goes with my other co-workers. I felt as a minority seeing as I'm Canadian born. The boss rarely made an appearance, and if so, it wasn't for good reasons.

The hardest part of my job, was having no login access of my own to do my job efficiently. I raised that concern to my supervisor, and my boss, and nothing happened. I ask my boss if there was something that could process the time quicker, in case my supervisor decided to call in sick, and have no login which is absolutely needed to your job efficiently epically when you're working 8-9 hours a day.

Another hard part of the job was the booth. Not only was it very tiny, if you suffer from anxiety with small spaces, this job isn't for you. I say that because 4 people cannot be in this booth comfortably. There was also very, very, very poor circulation of air, and ventilation due to engines running in the motor court of the hotel I worked for. During the winter months, there was very, very, very poor heat, and
  more... the uniform jacket which I was provided with did not keep me warm at all.

The only enjoyable part of the job, was receiving Starbucks coffee at a discount, as well as booking a hotel at a discounted rate.

I'm happy I no longer work for this company, and now work elsewhere with room to advance, with excellent circulation and warmth
Pros
Tim Horton's across the street from the Hotel
Cons
Read below

2.7