VINCI Park Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible Company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, OnJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: tim horton's across the street from the hotel
Cons: read below
I was a cashier at a Hotel location in the GTA, right in the downtown core. I was responsible for counting the float, signing in my hours for the day, and how much the float was at the beginning of my shift, and again at the end of my shift. I also had to write up 3 envelopes; one for each area. One of them being this company to have proof of the tickets of my shift for the day.

I learned pretty much nothing that I already didn't know in my previous employers. The management was absolutely terrible. The supervisor barely spoke English properly, which was very hard to understand, as well as work with. That also goes with my other co-workers. I felt as a minority seeing as I'm Canadian born. The boss rarely made an appearance, and if so, it wasn't for good reasons.

The hardest part of my job, was having no login access of my own to do my job efficiently. I raised that concern to my supervisor, and my boss, and nothing happened. I ask my boss if there was something that could process the time quicker, in case my supervisor decided to call in sick, and have no login which is absolutely needed to your job efficiently epically when you're working 8-9 hours a day.

Another hard part of the job was the booth. Not only was it very tiny, if you suffer from anxiety with small spaces, this job isn't for you. I say that because 4 people cannot be in this booth comfortably. There was also very, very, very poor circulation of air, and ventilation due to engines running in the motor court of the hotel I worked for. During the winter months, there was very, very, very poor heat, and the uniform jacket which I was provided with did not keep me warm at all.

The only enjoyable part of the job, was receiving Starbucks coffee at a discount, as well as booking a hotel at a discounted rate.

I'm happy I no longer work for this company, and now work elsewhere with room to advance, with excellent circulation and warmth
Advantages of being a supervisor
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 9, 2014
I learned what it is to manage a small company. From pays to schedules and auditing and accounting. Working as a supervisor needs some skills as stress management, a very good customer service and a very good organization.
Good place to work, a lot of customer service
Cashier - Valet (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2014
• Guide and inform the customer on the parking lot concerning the rules, procedures, opening hours
• Ensure the safe movement of customer vehicles while offering excellent customer service
• Collect parking fees and perform manual transactions
• Manage cash during the shift hours
• Complete daily/cash report accurately
• Fill various others forms: event reports, incident reports
Can be demanding at times
Parking Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2014
My typical day at work is opening or closing booth everyday. I am a parking attendant so I am responsible that all tickets are being payed for and place in all vehicles throughout the day. counting and balancing money as well as making deposits and of course excellent customer service. I work alone with no supervision. There's nothing hard about my job. I enjoy working with customers.
Excellent Company to work for
Event Based - Part-Time (Current Employee), KanataJuly 5, 2014
Management is "fair" to all employees.
I like the fact that at the end of each event, the job is done until the next event.
It gives me an opportunity to meet many persons and develop my english and french languages.
Voiturier (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 26, 2014
Pros: lunch time paid
Cons: low pay
I worked with many people directly. I took the responsibilities and assure them good service. I learned to work in stressful condition where you get a lot of persons asking for your services in the same time, you have to show rapidity, and possibly no mistake.
Enjoyed
Valet Driver (Current Employee), Montreal,QcApril 12, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: no job future
It is a very easy job with not a lot of thinking that was needed. I can't complain on this, however I am looking for a job that would pay better and that has more benefits. Of course if the job also had opportunities to advance this of course would be a plus.
Great co-workers with great management but bad conditions
Parking lot attendant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: discount at the sens store.
Cons: very cold for long periods of time sometimes and very bad hours.
It Was our job to withstand the cold while screening for passes, parking cars safely, and making sure they get in and out safely.
Call center operator/ technical assistance (Former Employee), Montreal QCMarch 8, 2014
Lots of fun people and a great organization. Could not provide part time employment.
Managing staff, maintaining budget and customer service, fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and building relationships, managing staff
Cons: working in frigid weather during winters, working evening late hours
- Meeting clients at the location assigned to provide the parking solution (residence, commercial lots, businesses). Schedule appropriate number of staff required to run job successfully. Greet guests to provide them with utmost customer service at the same time manage staff to maintain professionalism when handling celebrities vehicles or high profile clients. Discharge staff as need no longer required due to maximize profits.

- I learned that there is always ways to improve the operations. There has been many instances where I was able to learn from one event and make a suggestion to managers which would then be implemented in future event. Learned managing staff can be challenging as everyone has their own needs and requirements, however decisions have to be made in the best interest of the company in order to run a successful business.

- It can be difficult to manage and book staff based on the budget assigned. Therefore, it is essential to keep great communication with team members and motivate the experienced staff to provide their assistance on projects with limited budgets.

- It is very rewarding at the end of each event when there is no complaints by the client and there were no mishaps during events from my staff. This leads to great customer satisfaction and has led to multiple future projects with these clients.
The Leadeship
Attendant Park Marshal (Former Employee), TorontoONOctober 4, 2013
Pros: time of work.
Cons: when you hear "oversight'
Easy going day at sites, or may even be hard and stressful it would depend where you are posted. you can be sured to learn something or pick up something like an error, but learn move on. You can enjoy their leadership, you can also be sured the response and reply is heard, and acted upon...they have strong and good qualities for employers. I think to be sure you have the right job description or work set you back a little if you have go in to a meeting... most enjoyable part working where I worked was being able to have coffee break and see to other do the same...
Part time job
Valet (Current Employee), ottawa, onSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: tips, flexible working hours, live energy
Cons: events can finish late
This job was able to provide me with the extra income I was looking for and it all worked well around my full time job. I've always enjoyed working in an atmosphere which surrounded me people and was full of energy.
Fast paced and organized company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint John, NBApril 1, 2013
I have worked at the parking garage for almost 18 years and have developed a passion for it.I have been very fortunate to have a management team that took the time to invest in me to learn the ever changing systems.A small but supportive team is employeed there.Every day challenges keep the job exciting but the vast amount of customers would have to be the most enjoyable.
Very nice job where you working alone and dealing with all kind of customer
Teller, Valet (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: 12 hours
I don't remember having a typical day. The only day that was kind of worse for me it's when I had to work 18 hours because we had an emergency that day. I have leraned many thing at that job like been on my own and dealing with any kind of situation not only being a teller or Valet, but sometime I had to do some quick maintenance and tried to resolved any type of accident. My co-workers are the best co-worker ever, we have very good relationship. The hardest pat of that job we don't have no break and the most enjoyable part of if is the fact you can bring your computer, phone, Ipad and tec.. with you while and used them while you working.
Being an efficiant valet means a lot of qualities.
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: meeting different clients
Cons: very early shifts
I enjyed my work there, because I had a chance to talk to people and to serve them politely. Most of he cients were polite whhich facilitates a lot my job. Working as a valet is a job of precise and respect.
Horaires très flexibles
Valet (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 18, 2015
Nous pouvons choisir nos horaires de travail de manière très libre.
PRÉPOSÉ,VALET,CAISSIER,ET SURVEILLANT MOBILE
Valet pour le stationnement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 22, 2015
Pros: tres bien
Cons: j ai pas eut de négativité a par le stress
ÉTAIT UNE BONNE COMPAGNIE QUE J AI AIME TRAVAILLE AVEC CEUX . UNE ESPRIT EQUIPE FORMIDABLE , FIABLE ET POLI VALENT
Bonne expérience de travail
Adjoint/superviseur (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: connaissance de la géographie de montréal
Cons: pas d'avis négatifs
Les horaires sont appropriés.
Le développement en fonction des capacités est rapide.
Bon suivi de la direction.
Collaborateurs loyaux et motivés.
Pas d'aspect difficile dans l'exercice des fonctions.
Le plus agréable, le contact clientèle.
Bon travail d'équipe
agent de stationnemement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 10, 2015
Beaucoup de collaborations entre collègues.

Environnement agréable.
Environnement de travail stimulant
Caissier/Valet (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 12, 2014
J'ai aimé le fait de travailler avec du monde , servir les gens et surtout une collaboration très stimulante avec l'équipe de travail